Bulldogs in Crisis (Worst period in History)

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I fear for this clubs future tbh, this is easily the worst period in our history and it doesn’t look to be improving anytime soon... to say this club is in a crisis is an understatement. I honestly don’t know how they get out of this..... I feel the only way is to dismantle the whole club from the top down except for the new coach obviously. I understand the board need to be voted out in an election but they really cannot stay a second longer while they are destroying the soul of this club.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This looks like being the 2nd time in the club's history where a player hasn't scored multiple tries in a game in the whole season

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Crichton has dropped off the radar hasn't he

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Thought he was a speedster, one of our strengths, get the zip happening, zip....
When he was signed for THREE years on the back of jack all, it was the first time I doubted Pay.
Like, why for 3? Who were we competing with?

But as bad as Lichaa for TWO after being sacked. I'd of course argue he shouldn't have been re-signed at all, but again, why wasn't it just a year?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to reach rock bottom first before making your way back to the top.

This club has too much pride which is instilled by the fans to never rise again.

Everybody should stand the f@ck up and pick this club back up where it belongs. It can be done with belief. We will be a force in the not too distant future.

BELIEF!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
First thing they gotta do is fill up the grandstand and build atmosphere, that builds energy, teams thrive on energy.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I fear for this clubs future tbh, this is easily the worst period in our history and it doesn’t look to be improving anytime soon... to say this club is in a crisis is an understatement. I honestly don’t know how they get out of this..... I feel the only way is to dismantle the whole club from the top down except for the new coach obviously. I understand the board need to be voted out in an election but they really cannot stay a second longer while they are destroying the soul of this club.
Alzz how long have you been a Bulldogs fan?
You’d say that not winning a comp for 38 years (1942-1980) is better than this? What about 2002? To me, watching a team stripped of 37 points and going from first to last in the blink of an eye (when we most likely would’ve won the title) due to the incompetence (or worse) of those then in the boardroom is far worse than now. Why? Because no-one not involved in the scandal saw 2002 coming. For anyone who’s been paying attention, the current situation has been a known issue since 2018 - also a result of poor choices by those then in the boardroom. It was made clear that our cap would not be fixed before 2021 - and then you have to deal with who’s available talent wise, so we’re not going to win the comp in 2021 either, but we will improve (there’s still 7 spots available, stay tuned). But seriously, creating threads saying this is the worst period in our history is simply not true. It’s not fun to watch, that is true, but you need to get a better grasp of the facts and wait just a little bit longer as the club stated in 2018.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Now I live in Brisbane. I think the Bulldogs should become the 2nd Brisbane team. Brisbane Bulldogs. Nice ring to it. Sack all the players and start again.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My only concern is with this predicament we are in is as a club, we are accepting it and desensitised to losing. Not enough dissaponitment and comment from front office saying otherwise. I don't know what is being said back of house, however I don't like where we are headed next year other than another spoon and deservedly so. That's a big deal for me as the no brainer comment is the only way is up from the dreaded wooden spoon. I hope I'm wrong.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to reach rock bottom first before making your way back to the top.
This is pretty optimistic given we have been probably the most frustrating and/or inept team in the comp since approx 2016 give or take. It's been about 5 years of steaming piles of shit being served up by grown men being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to serve up inconsistent and half hearted performances.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You’d say that not winning a comp for 38 years (1942-1980) is better than this? What about 2002? To me, watching a team stripped of 37 points and going from first to last in the blink of an eye (when we most likely would’ve won the title) due to the incompetence (or worse) of those then in the boardroom is far worse than now. Why? Because no-one not involved in the scandal saw 2002 coming. For anyone who’s been paying attention, the current situation has been a known issue since 2018 - also a result of poor choices by those then in the boardroom. It was made clear that our cap would not be fixed before 2021 - and then you have to deal with who’s available talent wise, so we’re not going to win the comp in 2021 either, but we will improve (there’s still 7 spots available, stay tuned). But seriously, creating threads saying this is the worst period in our history is simply not true. It’s not fun to watch, that is true, but you need to get a better grasp of the facts and wait just a little bit longer as the club stated in 2018.
2002 was the worst for me personally mate. A year that was so positive basically tipped upside down overnight. For a while there we were known as the cheats.. before it became obvious other teams where doing it too..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
2002 was the worst for me personally mate. A year that was so positive basically tipped upside down overnight. For a while there we were known as the cheats.. before it became obvious other teams where doing it too..
Spot on mate - I was gutted - followed soon after by Coffs Harbour (where nothing was proven but mud sticks). I can’t tell you how often as a proud Dogs man I was called a ‘cheat’ and ‘rapist’. Only due to the 2004 title was some of that erased. Even 2008 was worse for me - watching one of our brightest hopes who’d been nurtured by the club and signed a 5 year deal walk out in the middle of the night as a coward does just to chase money under the influence of other grubs. At least our current team put the effort in. Yes, they aren’t good enough, they aren’t fit enough but that will change. I’d bet none of them would jump on the red-eye to France either.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Not doing any damage in 2003 made 2002 much easier. Yes we were the best side in 2002 (and weren't in 2003), but it wasn't a given that we would have won the comp that year.