BULLDOGS home ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO I think we should be pushing to play our home games out of the new Parramatta Staduim. I think 30k Staduim is perfect for us. I don't see it as much difference to playing at ANZ and the club could really work to creating he playing atmosphere in the NRL and also creating somewhat of an home ground advantage.. thoughts?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Parra played at Belmore for a few years in the 80's so why not?

Like you said, it's not far from ANZ and it's a horrible stadium for footy at Homebush when nowhere near capacity so I'd be down for that...

It's a shame Oasis fell through as we could have had this very thing ten years ago and it would have been ours!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
No. Playing home games at ANZ is bad enough. Why move further into hostile enemy territory? Liverpool would be just as bad. What we need it Belmore and only Belmore. Having all our games there would be enough to lobby all 3 levels Government for further funding to upgrade it to a 30,000 or 40,000 seater stadium. If it can happen in AFL heartland in Melbourne, it can happen in the NRL heartland of Western Sydney. Pretty much means replacing the hill with another grandstand and connecting it by extra seating on the northern and southern ends. As much as I loved the hill growing up in the 90s, it's important for us to realise that a winter sport in the 21st century needs a grandstand more than a hill.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't dogs play a few games at parra when we were in between of belmore and stadium Australia opening up? I don't know I would have sworn I went there back in the day.

Anyways parra stadium will be great for atmosphere. But doubt we can ever leave anz. We basically get paid to play there and don't need to cover security or admin costs. Compare that to clubs like the roosters who pay upwards of 65k for each home game and it's an easy decision to make from the financial perspective.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No. Playing home games at ANZ is bad enough. Why move further into hostile enemy territory? Liverpool would be just as bad. What we need it Belmore and only Belmore. Having all our games there would be enough to lobby all 3 levels Government for further funding to upgrade it to a 30,000 or 40,000 seater stadium. If it can happen in AFL heartland in Melbourne, it can happen in the NRL heartland of Western Sydney. Pretty much means replacing the hill with another grandstand and connecting it by extra seating on the northern and southern ends. As much as I loved the hill growing up in the 90s, it's important for us to realise that a winter sport in the 21st century needs a grandstand more than a hill.
Belmore will never get an upgrade that big they have been fighting for the last few years to build another stand opposite to the railway end and have been getting no where.

The infrastructure around Belmore can barely handle 15000 crowds let alone anything bigger then that.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't dogs play a few games at parra when we were in between of belmore and stadium Australia opening up? I don't know I would have sworn I went there back in the day.

Anyways parra stadium will be great for atmosphere. But doubt we can ever leave anz. We basically get paid to play there and don't need to cover security or admin costs. Compare that to clubs like the roosters who pay upwards of 65k for each home game and it's an easy decision to make from the financial perspective.
We played at Parra for the entire 1995 and 96 season's except for the last game against the Cowboys in 95.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We played at Parra for the entire 1995 and 96 season's except for the last game against the Cowboys in 95.
Yeh that makes sense. I was probably 6-7 at the time so couldn't remember well. But I remember going to a few games there back in the day.

Parra was actually one of the best suburban grounds. Fair enough the corporate facilities sucked but you were actually in the game. Will be interesting to see if they fuck it up with the redevelopment.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Belmore will never get an upgrade that big they have been fighting for the last few years to build another stand opposite to the railway end and have been getting no where.

The infrastructure around Belmore can barely handle 15000 crowds let alone anything bigger then that.
Exactly. Belmore will never be anything more then a training ground. It's good for an odd game. And it brings back amazing memories. But explanation there is not a possibility. Maybe 1 more grandstand can go up and modernise it a bit. But you will struggle to get more the 10 thousand in there. And with 10k you loss money.

The other thing is it's a waste to tax payers money to pump another 20 million into a stadium that will play local finals and reserve grade games.

Shame about oasis. That would have been epic even though slightly out of the area. But it would have been a mini Suncorp stadium.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love anz sit anywhere you want .if super coach bothered to build a competitive sqauad and didn't have us as cannon fodder plodding in the 8 every year and we had a grandfinal win or 2 up our sleeve ( 3 seasons left aunty to win 2 , you said so )
Crowds would be decent enough to get some atmosphere kicking.
You build it they will come

Wahesh

Reaction score

The grandstand can hold 12,000 people. There is room for another grandstand where the hill is. The problem isn't the infrastructure - the problem is and always will be car parking. The area is very easily accessible by public transport, and where possible, walking (for locals), but people are too lazy these days and will always want to drive there.

Wahesh

Reaction score

Roosters pay $65,000 to play at SFS however they get 100% of the revenue back from ticket sales. It's not like they're coming out of it worse than what they go in.

Us on the other hand don't get anything for ticket sales. Rather, ANZ gives us a consistent amount for games played there.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cause we have a great record at belmore. Not to mention traffic and lack of parking. It takes me longer to get into belmore oval on game day, then it takes me to get to anz and I only live in Beverly Hills.

Reactions: TAS

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
As if, Belmore is outdated so ANZ it is, unless you want to build a tram line to Crest or use the Showground.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Belmore is a hole of a place deigned for Rugby League in the seventies, facilities have zero room for adequate expansion, parking is non existent unless you park a kilometer away or in someones drive way, not a nice place to be walking through on a winters night with your Family FFS It was a shit hole in the seventies when I used to live in another dump called Greenacre!!

I think until we get our own 40,000 seat covered arena built, the new Parramatta Stadium would be a great idea, I remember how good the current stadium being rebuilt was for atmosphere when I used to watch the Dogs and the Eels play there.

Fuck Belmore Sports ground, good for what it is used for now and that is a game of U20's or a training facility and nothing else!!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Cause we have a great record at belmore. Not to mention traffic and lack of parking. It takes me longer to get into belmore oval on game day, then it takes me to get to anz and I only live in Beverly Hills.
Regarding our track record, you do know the entire team is shit this year right? It's got nothing to do with our home ground.

You know what you could do? Drive up King Georges road, down Canterbury road, down Burwood road, park the car somewhere there on the street, bang! 5 mins walk to Belmore. Wouldn't take you longer than 15 mins. Don't know what route you're taking to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.