Bulldogs History Database

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing beats Parra are scum as far as banners go!
Hahaha...you can see it in the crowd when you watch the 1984 GF on video...Weird colour they used for the banner, I think it was pink or red or something, I think they used that colour so the banner can stand out like dogs balls.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Wasn't Willie Talau there before dymock came ?
I'm not sure where you heard that mate. Dymock left the team after the 1995 GF win, before Talau joined in 1998.

Reactions: J_B

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember watching the 1985 GF replay with a mate of mine a couple of days before the 2004 GF.
At the end of the 85 GF the camera showed the scoreboard at the SCG and it had Bulldogs Premiers with the bulldog logo/picture, and the big SCG screen had "Mitsubishi Electric" written on it as the manufacturer of the big scoreboard screen....we both looked at each other and said "we're going to win on Sunday"

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We were leading 22-18 with 11 minutes left. Ricky Stuart put a kick through & Matt Geyer scored after a long run to put them in front. It was a premiership missed because of 1 kick.
Thanks mate, dont know why my recollection was a pass, but at least I got the player right:blush:

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
just went through the entire list and found other than a few Kiwis Jimmy Dymock was our first real coconut ( Tongan decent ) a few years later and the flood gates opened and loads started to play in the dogs and NRL
great player and pound for pound on of the best
I don't know your cultural background but calling someone a coconut is racist and if you don't get banned then I'm calling out this site as racist also.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I
I don't know your cultural background but calling someone a coconut is racist and if you don't get banned then I'm calling out this site as racist also.
am Indian
And won’t get banned for saying the c word
Same as calling someone from England a Pommy or from NZ a kiwi
Just cause islanders come from places were coconuts grow dosnt make it racist

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Coconuts grow naturally in over 80 countries. Coconuts are grown in plantations in countries such as the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. The Philippines is the largest producer of coconuts, and Indonesia the second largest.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Coconuts grow naturally in over 80 countries. Coconuts are grown in plantations in countries such as the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. The Philippines is the largest producer of coconuts, and Indonesia the second largest.
well that makes me a coconut then

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Man was anyone at Belmore , that day Mcgrady sliced thru like 13 players went length of the field . Remember standing on the hill watching it live , he was that good the dazzle made it feel like , it happened in slow motion awesome .
Only bloody thing is , I don’t remember the other team any help .
I really want to know , so I can dig up the game on video .

I still have a Beta video recorder if it helps :grinning:

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Man was anyone at Belmore , that day Mcgrady sliced thru like 13 players went length of the field . Remember standing on the hill watching it live , he was that good the dazzle made it feel like , it happened in slow motion awesome .

I was there that day too. I think we were playing Souths and from memory Ewan scored three tries.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

I reckon Baaa must have scored ~100 tries of McGrady breaks

Go Dogs

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ON THIS DAY;

New Manly coach Trent Barrett was given a rough initiation into life as a head coach when his Manly side were flogged 28-6 against the Bulldogs in his first game as an NRL coach five years ago. The social media backlash started instantly with people wanting the return of former favourite son Geoff Toovey. The Bulldogs raced to a 22-0 half-time lead.