Bulldogs History Database

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great site with details on every game played

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Relfy actually came back to us for a little while after he finished up in England in 2004.

He had actually retired but returned to Australia and played a couple of NSW cup games for us. Early thirties and still seemingly pretty fit he had to give it away due to a heart problem being diagnosed. Remember talking to him on the sideline at ANZ and he said he should never have left the Dogs. Played footy in Gloucester with my husband before he landed at the Dogs.Remember him crying when a bad pass cost us a spot in the 1999 GF. Think it was Stuart who threw it?
We were leading 22-18 with 11 minutes left. Ricky Stuart put a kick through & Matt Geyer scored after a long run to put them in front. It was a premiership missed because of 1 kick.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Chiso you still alive old dog
Yep not much happening in the NRL world so I am going through some old tapes. I am half way through 2001 at the moment. We seemed to get big leads & then lose or draw (twice). There was an interview after the game where we won & Folkes was interviewed by Turvey. Turvey said "you've had 2 losses & a draw (in the previous 3 weeks) - congratulations!" The look on Folkes' face was funny.

Last edited:

Gawd_Dawg_BB

Banned
Reaction score
Yep not much happening in the NRL world so I am going through some old tapes. I am half way through 2001 at the moment. We seemed to get big leads & then lose or draw (twice). There was an interview after the game where we won & Folkes was interviewed by Turvy. Turvy said "you've had 2 losses & a draw (in the previous 3 weeks) - congratulations!" The look on Folkes' face was funny.
Pool and two up then

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just went through the entire list and found other than a few Kiwis Jimmy Dymock was our first real coconut ( Tongan decent ) a few years later and the flood gates opened and loads started to play in the dogs and NRL
great player and pound for pound on of the best
Sandy campbell was an islander who played earlly 90s before jd

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
just went through the entire list and found other than a few Kiwis Jimmy Dymock was our first real coconut ( Tongan decent ) a few years later and the flood gates opened and loads started to play in the dogs and NRL
great player and pound for pound on of the best
Henry Tatana.....played for Canterbury 1972-1974. He would have been my guess.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's between pages 57 and 58 - the most amount of plodders we've ever had.