BULLDOGS HINT AT NEW HALVES PAIRING

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't Barrett just say that Wakeham was going to be hooker? The telecrap knows nothing as usual.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kiss of death. Some other players baa talked up were Joseph suli, Karl McNicol, kris Keating :p

it’s like clockwork almost. Lamb talks up a player followed by this is the toughest preseason dogs have ever done. And watch out nrl :p

honestly I think the media must have set a periodic reminder every year to call lamb about a player :p

wasn’t last year Morgan Harper? :p

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Wakeham is living off his achievements at school boy level, I have not been impressed by his performances on or off the field. The way he acts is arrogant (going off the few interviews he’s done) similar to Lewis, neither these 2 would be first choice halves at any other nrl team.
Agreed Bulldog Joe

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kiss of death. Some other players baa talked up were Joseph suli, Karl McNicol, kris Keating :p

it’s like clockwork almost. Lamb talks up a player followed by this is the toughest preseason dogs have ever done. And watch out nrl :p

honestly I think the media must have set a periodic reminder every year to call lamb about a player :p

wasn’t last year Morgan Harper? :p
I'm pretty sure he spoke about Jacob Loko being a star fullback for us too..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A winger like JAC you mean.
Got news for you...JAC will never be a fullback and you can quote me for life on that. Just like Dane Gagai thought he was a fullback and was not. JAC is an elite winger he’ll be staying there
That is a debate that has no legs atm considering he hasn't played FB yet... I will say though he will be a better option at FB than Avo considering their respective careers.

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d rather play 1 short than play that utter spud Lewis
If Lewis weren’t so domineering he could go alright, he kicks the ball a long way compared to Wakeham who can only kick it like 30 metres max
I’ll never forget the Good Friday game tho when Lewis gave it to Sam Burgess that was classic

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not have an issue in the club signing Benji Marshall for a season as a stop gap until the earmarked five eighth comes across... we were already going to do that with Blake Green until Flanagan got released by the Roosters

I also think Benji would provide experience and guidance to our younger halves (eg. in hindsight I think Benji in his stint with the Broncos identified issues with Milford which later bore bitter fruit for Brisbane)

but it is all about the price... we can't throw and he cannot expect big money at this point of his career

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of Avo at 1.. so that only leaves wakeham or Lewis for the other halves spot.. so that's an easy choice for mine.. wakeham any day..

Wakeham hasn't been great, but a fair bit of that had to do with playing second fiddle to Lewis and dean awesome coaching..

I'd like to see what Barrett can do with him before we can dismiss him... That's if we can't land Burton for 21..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was a big fan of wakeham but he was very ordinary this season,i do feel our halves went backwards under pay just awful coaching for young halves ,wakeham looks sensational when he plays for fiji so he has it in him