BULLDOGS HINT AT NEW HALVES PAIRING

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this must mean Burton hasn't signed yet. Or he has signed for 2022.
Correct Burton is for 2022. We were hoping to get him for 2021 but Penrith and for the record rightly so want depth as they are contending next year.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Listen brah, being realistic is lacing the boots on. For you that ain't being realistic, so you gotta hate.

We all bleed blue n white. Hate da game and not da player

#proudtobebulldog
#lessgo
#letstrot
Yeah nah. I don't hate anyone or anything tbh. If the player looks kack, Ill say so.

I don't care if they're better than me at league lol. I was a thug with next to no skill, couldn't pass from right to left just played to KO someone in a tackle and get on the booze after with my mates.

Still doesn't change the fact Lewis and Wareham are TERRIBLE.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Correct Burton is for 2022. We were hoping to get him for 2021 but Penrith and for the record rightly so want depth as they are contending next year.
So that means we could have an announcement soon.

Letstrot

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yeah nah. I don't hate anyone or anything tbh. If the player looks kack, Ill say so.

I don't care if they're better than me at league lol. I was a thug with next to no skill, couldn't pass from right to left just played to KO someone in a tackle and get on the booze after with my mates.

Still doesn't change the fact Lewis and Wareham are TERRIBLE.
Brah don't ever try to get inside my head, it's too dark for you

#proudtobebulldog
#lessgo
#letstrot

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did i come to Belmore to listen to you ladies hate on your own players?

What kind of supporters are you?

#proudtobebulldog
#lessgo
#letstrot
You ain't here yet mate!

What kind of troll are you?

Put pen to paper, and hold a press conference and stop trolling.

#proudtobeaREALbulldog
#lessgo
#letstrot
#trollsaregay

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan has said he will be leading the team around the park and organising things so you really need a creative runner to partner him.

Lewis and Wakeham don't have any running game of note while it's probably Averillo's strong point.
Agreed 100%

Neither Lewis or Wakeham can partner Flanagan in the halves. Defences will eat us up (again) because they know neither of our halves possess a running game. They will just number up and crunch us every time.

Look at the top teams and the running game that their 5/8th has : Storm - Munster, Raiders - Wighton, Panthers - Luai, Souths - Walker

Bulldogs - Wakeham. Farkin wake me up in 2022

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same thing was said about Mbye when the talk started about him moving to fullback at the end of 2017. Burton’s decision will obviously play a major part in all of this but I think having Jake play a season at 5/8 is the lessor of two evils then using Wakeham or Lewis even at the expense of giving Averillo a extra year of experience at the back.
Maybe Barrett doesn't see him as a fb anyway. Time will tell i guess.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Regardless of signings, the halves (all players) should be a lot better next year - the coaching over the last few years has been poor compared to what happens at most clubs. Im hopeful that all the halves - wakeham, averillo, lewis, Karatiana, Biondi Odo and Flanagan will benefit significantly from having an ex half ie Barrett as head coach.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanagan has said he will be leading the team around the park and organising things so you really need a creative runner to partner him.

Lewis and Wakeham don't have any running game of note while it's probably Averillo's strong point.
Yup, you look at Cleary the organiser with Luai the run and gun 6

Flanagan can be that Cleary type and Avo can run and gun it

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still thin avo showed more in the few games at 5/8 than wakeham did
I'm sure the other 15 NRL clubs are hoping that we put Wakeham at 5/8 rather than Avo when they face us. There are 3 certainties in life: Death, taxes and Lewis/Wakeham in the halves in 2021 = more pain for the Dogs.