Opinion Bulldogs have equalled the No. of Wins from 2018

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
We didnt have DWZ last year,he is the difference for mine his overall attitude to playing is lifting the rest of them.He competes on every play and its rubbing off.

also didnt have him at the start of this season i dare say we would have won more if he was here from the start

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
what are you smoking ... we have at least 6 players off contract and we are looking to get a new hooker and possibly center pairing .. no disruptions i think there might be alittle just saying
I didn't say there wouldn't be any disruptions!

Compared to the last few seasons with major roster upheavals and distractions like Klemmer it will be pretty smooth. 6 players off contract is nothing and integrating a new hooker and centre over a whole off season is hardly disruptive.

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
I didn't say there wouldn't be any disruptions!

Compared to the last few seasons with major roster upheavals and distractions like Klemmer it will be pretty smooth. 6 players off contract is nothing and integrating a new hooker and centre over a whole off season is hardly disruptive.
fair enough i agree

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We didnt have DWZ last year,he is the difference for mine his overall attitude to playing is lifting the rest of them.He competes on every play and its rubbing off.
I agree and think he has had a huge impact both in attack and defense, but I also think something about our defense and structure has changed/improved in the last 8 weeks or so. All the great dog sides of the 80/90 and 00's had brutal and dependable defense. Any team that dominates the middle and makes progress in defense allows the backs the time and freedom to structure attack and also hopefully develop good backing up to bring on 2nd and third phase play.

Blokes like Meaney, Hopa, Remis and Cogger etc should constantly be shadowing our forwards when hitting up in case they bend the line and can offload.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good communication from the full back to the defensive line will improve a d lines ability to number up and make reads almost instantly,and yeah our backs haven't really been into support play for the last two years lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think fitness has something to do with these late season runs both last year and this year?

We have looked really sluggish and unfit in the early games and it might have taken us this amount of time to get the match fitness in the legs?

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
hindsight is a wonderful thing ..

I think if we had DWZ right from the start we could of made the finals..

Also 1 Centre spot has been a massive Achilles heel.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
some great points from both sides of the argument TBH.. ive got some serious splinters lately from sitting on the fence.. I really don't know what to think anymore ..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Look at it how you want, we simply didn't get results when it mattered for another season running. A couple of extra wins makes no difference, the issue of performing during the first half of the season still exists and that's the problem.
Still think the difference this time around is we are likely to start next season with a stronger side than this year, unlike last year when we lost mozzes and klemmer in the off-season. This year we won't lose any important players in the offseason and should gain a couple.

Bottom line is so far under Pay the side kept getting worse from losing experienced players the last few years, but the rot has stopped now, and with the dwz signing we have started getting stronger. Imo we have hit the bottom and are on the way up again.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
DWZ at the back with enthusiasm & communication, CHN running nice hard lines and the guys seem to be playing for each other.
The guys that were here that were moved on got stale and needed a change. There seems to be a different vibe in the group.
They see a light at the end of the tunnel maybe?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone think fitness has something to do with these late season runs both last year and this year?

We have looked really sluggish and unfit in the early games and it might have taken us this amount of time to get the match fitness in the legs?
I certainly do, I reckon we need a complete bastard like Billy Johnson to flog them they way he did with Canterbury in his day..The next pre-season is vital we come out of the blocks absolutely frothing at the mouth ready to rip and tear and have the endurance to wear teams down like the Raiders are this year.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive been a huge pay critic but full credit to him he has achieved a great turnaround

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There isn't really that much difference from this year to last year.

We dropped way too many games in the first half of the year and left us with no finals hopes with weeks remaining in the season and then hit form after the damage was done.

The first 2 months of next season will tell us if the end of this year was a legitimate building block.
No Morris boys,no Klemmer ,no Woods,youngest roster in the league,have done better than expected,