Opinion Bulldogs have apparently left up to $800k for Semi Radradra

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No, you just said signing players on a big contract (marquee money), while using Beastwood's 800k a season, as a reason why we got into a salary cap problem and how it'd be the same now. Why would we sign more back ended deals and predict what the salary cap will be in 3 years time again you moron. Also something I've never said to do.
Don’t insult me behind a keyboard for starters but I didn’t say that.

I said, “Which targets? Have faith mate, they are coming and we aren’t going to become a basket case again like we did paying overs for players like Greg Eastwood on 800k”.

We need to be smart with how we spend our money, not just buy a marquee player for the sake of it

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don’t insult me behind a keyboard for starters but I didn’t say that.

I said, “Which targets? Have faith mate, they are coming and we aren’t going to become a basket case again like we did paying overs for players like Greg Eastwood on 800k”.

We need to be smart with how we spend our money, not just buy a marquee player for the sake of it
Paying overs for Eastwood isn't why we're in a salary cap mess... we signed him and many other players to back ended deals. Are you that dumb to not see how that's the same as signing a marquee player? We do need to be smart with who we buy for obvious reasons (that I've mentioned enough). We are not going to sign ANY players (not just marquee) without 1 condition (1 that I've mentioned enough). If you still disagree with what I'm saying there's literally no point replying to me.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A $MIL for Semi is a huge wankfest but if you got the Benji of 2019 fit and playing the way he has this year for 2 years.. $800k would be a steal, and him and Foran together would be a joy to watch.
Brah. 800k is crazy money for him.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Semis special because not many can do what he can on a footy field. Hes value is immeasurable because of how he can change momentum from nothing beating players with speed and power. Hes not just a finisher, hel create opportunities better then any halfback in the game.
My point being, Joeys probably right. But 800k is well worth it

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Brah. 800k is crazy money for him.
If a fortune teller (if they actually weren't bullshit), told you how Benji was going to perform this season and he's available for 1 year, you wouldn't pay 800k for him? I think he's playing almost better then ever. That's probably how Joey (I think this is where it has come from) is valuing him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If a fortune teller (if they actually weren't bullshit), told you how Benji was going to perform this season and he's available for 1 year, you wouldn't pay 800k for him? I think he's playing almost better then ever. That's probably how Joey (I think this is where it has come from) is valuing him.
No.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Okay maybe not, for other reasons (age?), but he's playing like a 800k player or there abouts. When you have a player like that on the cap on peanuts that's a massive advantage.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Okay maybe not, for other reasons (age?), but he's playing like a 800k player or there abouts. When you have a player like that on the cap on peanuts that's a massive advantage.
He's in good form, but he's literally turning 35 and has been meh in previous seasons. 800k for him is stupid.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's in good form, but he's literally turning 35 and has been meh in previous seasons. 800k for him is stupid.
He's also worth more to the Tigers then other clubs. I thought he was decent at the Broncos, but really struggled at the Dragons before that. It means more for him to play at the Tigers so maybe that's why he's performing better there. It's also very possible next year he drops back a bit, but he's been brilliant this season. There are only a few Halves that have been better then him this year.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Paying overs for Eastwood isn't why we're in a salary cap mess... we signed him and many other players to back ended deals. Are you that dumb to not see how that's the same as signing a marquee player? We do need to be smart with who we buy for obvious reasons (that I've mentioned enough). We are not going to sign ANY players (not just marquee) without 1 condition (1 that I've mentioned enough). If you still disagree with what I'm saying there's literally no point replying to me.
You don’t get it mate. I’m at the game and don’t want to waste anymore time. 800k back-ended contracts for a reserve grader had absolutely nothing to do with our salary cap mess, you are 100% right

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You don’t get it mate. I’m at the game and don’t want to waste anymore time. 800k back-ended contracts for a reserve grader had absolutely nothing to do with our salary cap mess, you are 100% right
It did, but the situation is not comparable to now or anything that I've said on these forums. I don't get why you've brought it up. Enjoy the game, lets just end this argument here.