Opinion Bulldogs have apparently left up to $800k for Semi Radradra

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No doubt he was a great player before his hike to Europe
It just feels like a lot of money for a winger in general not to mention the obvious fact
800 could be better spent perhaps on a current top line NRL player
For mine a hooker and half need to be priority
Hooker = Harry Grant and Turpin (we've already tried to get him, but didn't pay overs at the time and also some people here don't rate him)
Halfback = Croft and Townsend
Five-Eighth = Harris-Tavita (Milford and Wighton are off contract - but already on big contracts)

I don't see why a Half would be our priority with these options.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Parra signed Sivo who looks like the next Semi for between 150-250k. I'd rather try the same when looking for wingers on the market.

No club should pay anything more than 600k max for Semi after three years out of the game when nearing his thirties. Some desperate club will pay more. Hopefully ours isn't dumb enough to be that club.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Parra signed Sivo who looks like the next Semi for between 150-250k.

No club should pay anything more than 600k max for Semi after three years out of the game when nearing his thirties. Some desperate club will pay more. Hopefully ours isn't dumb enough to be that club.
Sivo is getting upgraded for next year and signing a longer contract. If you sign a player for cheap and he turns out similar to Sivo (similar thing happening with Ponga, but obviously at bigger $) you have to upgrade them to keep them happy. Players and their managers control the club/game right now. Are you saying Radradra is worth 600k? If so then if we were to have a realistic chance of signing him it'd be 800-900k.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sivo is getting upgraded for next year and signing a longer contract. If you sign a player for cheap and he turns out similar to Sivo (similar thing happening with Ponga, but obviously at bigger $) you have to upgrade them to keep them happy. Players and their managers control the club/game right now.
Even after being upgraded he'll be on half of what Semi wants at 800k. I'd much rather Sivo for half the price at his age and with how dominant he's been as a rookie. Wouldn't you?

I'd rather throw 600k plus at Papenhuyzen than waste it on an ageing winger. Wingers are much easier to find on the cheap. Like we did with Reimis.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Parra signed Sivo who looks like the next Semi for between 150-250k. I'd rather try the same when looking for wingers on the market.

He is good but I am not sure that he is Semi class. I agree longer term we should be in Fiji and PNG looking for these emerging talents, but we do need to see some results now.

If he is available, someone like him or Oates is badly needed. Coming out of the 1st third relies on guys like them and Jennings and Ferguson etc. It's vital, and a lightweights like Meaney can't just rely on pace to get this important job done.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe the club has finally realised X-FACTORS attracts sponsors and fans !!!
If we are to get all the rumoured players I am predicting we will lose few highly paid players,
Now...Who will that be ?
Foran Hopoate Jackson Tolman
Maybe all of them ???

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd rather throw 600k plus at Papenhuyzen than waste it on an ageing winger. Wingers are much easier to find on the cheap. Like we did with Reimis.
I don't reckon you would jag Papenhuyzen for 600k. If you can it's a no brainer and you sign him because of his potential versitilaty.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I believe the club has finally realised X-FACTORS attracts sponsors and fans !!!
If we are to get all the rumoured players I am predicting we will lose few highly paid players,
Now...Who will that be ?
Foran Hopoate Jackson Tolman
Maybe all of them ???
We can sign 2 marquee players and a young gun without losing any of those players. Those 4 players will take just under 2.5m of our salary cap up.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Aren’t we getting Bevan French and Ramien plus Api ? Where is all this money coming from

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I would. The guy is a metre eater coming out of our 20 is exactly what we need. I know for a winger it's a lot of money but he is more than just a winger imo. He brings fear to oppositions as well.

Plus, this is all just speculation. We could pay him 500-600k and the TPA'S on top of that. Media just trying to get in first as usual but their stories are always questionable
I personally think he's just using us to up his value. If thats the case then Eels can have him for that price. Dont get me wrong, i would love him here but thats just way too much even with the TPA's.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hooker = Harry Grant and Turpin (we've already tried to get him, but didn't pay overs at the time and also some people here don't rate him)
Halfback = Croft and Townsend
Five-Eighth = Harris-Tavita (Milford and Wighton are off contract - but already on big contracts)

I don't see why a Half would be our priority with these options.
To be honest we don’t really know what our management has in mind or
pipeline regarding 2021
Players being shopped around before their contracts expire is common
It’s anyone’s guess these days regarding player movement
I’m not convinced in JMK,Foran,Lewis and Cogger taking us all the way
I suppose we will see one day what comes out of all these discussions &
debates
As a collective group we want the best outcome for our great club.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
800k on a fucking winger
Have we not learnt a thing.....

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO semi would be a risk, and a very big one at $800,000 I doubt very much that he would be back to his past Parra form.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
800k surely is including TPA’s. That ain’t base salary. But it’s all speculation I guess

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It can also be a dud buy. Look at the Dragons winger