Official Bulldogs Harold Matthews Cup 2021

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Harold Matt’s side still has the squad to be a top 4 threat .

what I’m seeing is players being played out of position.

Players pumping out huge minutes when they could barely run by the 10th minute

In experienced halves braydon ( poor) Johnathansua is not a half .
brooklyn is a year younger and struggles defensively big time
Josese is a dummy half not a half back .

The squad they chose is a large side with no balance . We seem to be obsessed with size and not skill these days .

losing the big 3 does hurt also .
Almonti, iverson and who else?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
4 games without a win and the same "big" forwards keep being selected - anyone know why - must be some players in the squad willing to tackle n hold onto the ball!

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My mate cant work it out either. He reported the effort was better last Saturday but other than a couple of inside balls, the forwards just keep hitting it up one out. He said like watching Tolman on the 4th, but for every tackle. Given it was raining most of the game, this evened the sides up. And the silly thing is, if we hadnt given away 2 extra dumb penalties in the last 3 minutes we could have won the match - which would have been a massive upset. Halfback was better this week but no star. Whoever picks the team must realise its 17s now, not 16s and our 'big' forwards are easily contained and not gonna run over everyone like last season. A Massive disappointment for the club after last season.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My mate cant work it out either. He reported the effort was better last Saturday but other than a couple of inside balls, the forwards just keep hitting it up one out. He said like watching Tolman on the 4th, but for every tackle. Given it was raining most of the game, this evened the sides up. And the silly thing is, if we hadnt given away 2 extra dumb penalties in the last 3 minutes we could have won the match - which would have been a massive upset. Halfback was better this week but no star. Whoever picks the team must realise its 17s now, not 16s and our 'big' forwards are easily contained and not gonna run over everyone like last season. A Massive disappointment for the club after last season.
It was a better effort and probably should have won - but a few players stand out because of their at times poor efforts. The comment about big forwards is spot on

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
HAROLD MATTHEWS ROUND 5 TEAM
No.Name
1Joash Papalii
2Julius Deacon Mautama
3William Afualo
4Lachlan Broederlow
5Lisaite Tupou
6Jonathan Sua
7Braydon Hawes
8Amir Yatim
9Josese Lanyon
10Shaquille Tavita
11Lujuan Vito
12Sione Lolohea
13Jarrah Mcleod
14Harrison Valevatu
15Bailey Myers
16Junior Taupau
17Dontaye Pritchard

FatDogSlim

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
HAROLD MATTHEWS ROUND 5 TEAM
No.Name
1Joash Papalii
2Julius Deacon Mautama
3William Afualo
4Lachlan Broederlow
5Lisaite Tupou
6Jonathan Sua
7Braydon Hawes
8Amir Yatim
9Josese Lanyon
10Shaquille Tavita
11Lujuan Vito
12Sione Lolohea
13Jarrah Mcleod
14Harrison Valevatu
15Bailey Myers
16Junior Taupau
17Dontaye Pritchard
Is Iverson Matai gone for the season ?

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
V Manly
Best effort so far in the first half. Down 8-0 with Manly scoring a brilliant try after the half time siren. Well and truly in the game as there ball control and discipline is way up on previous games. Looking more creative as well. Manly’s defence is excellent. I can see why Manly up the top end of the table.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Boys played really well today. Very unlucky not to get away with points. I have been critical of their past performances but I think had they played like they did today they would have won all their previous games.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Boys played really well today. Very unlucky not to get away with points. I have been critical of their past performances but I think had they played like they did today they would have won all their previous games.
thanks for the updates

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good summary mate,cheers

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thanks for updates.

Manly have been coming to bansktown and parra/penrith for years poaching our best kids.

Heard they poached the 2 biggest and brightest under 15 kids from the canterbury comp, i dont know what the bulldogs recruiters get paid for

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Matts report. Iverson Teo played. Though looking classy, was underdone with his first 2 efforts resulting in a lincoln lewis over the sideline pass and another straight at the head of the centre. He did get better. Manly bombed 2 certain tries and should have been up 20 nil at the break but we were only down 8 nil. The try on half time was comical with the dogs winger in the middle of the field. How he gets a run over Mazone?? is beyond my mate. The 8 was replaced at half time and clearly the coach told the other forwards their contracts were getting shredded cause they came out like different players. The 10 and 17 lifted and the rest followed. Even Taupau looked better but still does not have the work rate to make it. We led 10-8 and were all over them but a penalty, knock on on 1st and another penalty saw manly score. Down 14-10 with 5 to go, we gave a penalty away on the 4th, threw a forward pass on our 2nd, lost the ball on the 4th, just like last week. We do not know how to win. We have now blown wins against Easts, Balmain, Penrith and Manly with ill discipline. Not that they play good football, it is 1 out crap. BUT even with that, a bit of intelligent footy in the last 10 minutes of each game and they are up there.