Official Bulldogs Harold Matthews Cup 2021

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In my opinion. They don’t look fit. They look to power game every carry. There is no structure and there positional play is like under 6s. The coach has a lot to answer to. They need to be smashed with physical improvements. Told how to play corridors. And play to there strength in d. I know one the kids dads in the team. He’s thinking of taking him back to a club side as the boy not getting enough feedback. It’s a simple game. Don’t over complicate it. The new game is fitness, speed, quick hands and solid defence. Hold onto the ball and drop you ego at the door. It’s that simple

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
In my opinion. They don’t look fit. They look to power game every carry. There is no structure and there positional play is like under 6s. The coach has a lot to answer to. They need to be smashed with physical improvements. Told how to play corridors. And play to there strength in d. I know one the kids dads in the team. He’s thinking of taking him back to a club side as the boy not getting enough feedback. It’s a simple game. Don’t over complicate it. The new game is fitness, speed, quick hands and solid defence. Hold onto the ball and drop you ego at the door. It’s that simple
These rep teams only train twice a week, so there isn’t much fitness, it is mostly skill work. The onus is on the player to do their own fitness on the days off.

Reactions: ATT

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
from a coach of another team, the dogs are the team to beat, so good signs
We have obviously lost a lot of players from last years team. Disappointing to see them go backward

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fitness a massive issue for the HM side.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These rep teams only train twice a week, so there isn’t much fitness, it is mostly skill work. The onus is on the player to do their own fitness on the days off.
obviously the players didn’t keep there end of the bargin. Such a waist of there talent

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
obviously the players didn’t keep there end of the bargin. Such a waist of there talent
There in the doggy system, kids think they dont need to try anymore

Its like that peter moore academy thats happening now, theyve already pre chosen the kids they wanted, there just giving these other kids at the academy false hopes and a free t shirt

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Coaching has to take some blame on fitness also, if they are lazy then replace them

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There in the doggy system, kids think they dont need to try anymore

Its like that peter moore academy thats happening now, theyve already pre chosen the kids they wanted, there just giving these other kids at the academy false hopes and a free t shirt
Yeh same old story these big boys have big all their career and didn’t need to try. Now the little white fellas have caught up in size but they have had to fight for their game time so they are more battle hardened and fitter. See it all the time parra juniors, they pick all the big islanders kids and very few push on

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know the matts lost 4-5 players but how can you just self destruct?
Not sure they lost 4 or 5. Alomoti to Ball makes a massive difference and Saukuru from the forwards to wests are the big changes. Iverson Teo the half is still injured and he is being missed big time.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not sure they lost 4 or 5. Alomoti to Ball makes a massive difference and Saukuru from the forwards to wests are the big changes. Iverson Teo the half is still injured and he is being missed big time.
there is a thew in west’s. They might not been stars like Saukuru or Alomiti but they would l kept pressure on the others to perform. Which they aren’t. And for me to say it’s coaching would be unfair. But there attitude and attention to detail seems as poor as there fitness. Fitness seems poor and seem to want fight every tackle made or get on them. Ball security I could put down to these kids haven’t played for a year and will come back

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Round 4 team v Panthers

1. Joash Papali'i 2. William Afualo 3. Julius Mautama-latu 4. Lachlan Broederlow 5. Lisaite Tupou 6. Jonathan Sua 7. Braydon Hawes 8.Amiraldeen Yatim 9. Josese Lanyon 10. Shaquille Tavita 11. Lajuan Vito 12. Sione Lolohea 13.Jarrah Mcleod 15. Bailey Myers 16. Paea Tu'iniua 17. Junior Taupau

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why did matts drop there wingers sorovi and mazzone?Poor performance, injury?

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why did matts drop there wingers sorovi and mazzone?Poor performance, injury?
No idea. Mazzone was close to their best R1. I have no report from R2 so not sure what happened.

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
I'm surprised Broederlow keeps his spot in the team. The guy looks like a dinosaur out in the backs.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Game against Penrith - drop balls n forward passes - seems to be the same players, yet could still have won. Few players either either lacking fitness for this level or lazy. Must be frustrating for those putting in the effort

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Harold Matt’s side still has the squad to be a top 4 threat .

what I’m seeing is players being played out of position.

Players pumping out huge minutes when they could barely run by the 10th minute

In experienced halves braydon ( poor) Johnathansua is not a half .
brooklyn is a year younger and struggles defensively big time
Josese is a dummy half not a half back .

The squad they chose is a large side with no balance . We seem to be obsessed with size and not skill these days .

losing the big 3 does hurt also .

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Harold Matt’s side still has the squad to be a top 4 threat .

what I’m seeing is players being played out of position.

Players pumping out huge minutes when they could barely run by the 10th minute

In experienced halves braydon ( poor) Johnathansua is not a half .
brooklyn is a year younger and struggles defensively big time
Josese is a dummy half not a half back .

The squad they chose is a large side with no balance . We seem to be obsessed with size and not skill these days .

losing the big 3 does hurt also .
Sua played well today

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Joash papalli i would’ve played at half until iverson returns as he has the aura about him . The team lacks a dominator in the halves .