Premium Member
Reaction score
Dogs trailing 16-10 with 20 mins remaining

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are struggling this year. The both centres look good but they keep trying to show how tough they are instead playing football. I’d give both them a run in second row. There both big enough. It will improve there game and ball control which lets them down quite a bit. You can’t win games at that level with no ball control and controlled aggression
Only saw the first game and two trials - they seemed to be relying on using big big players to steam roll oppositions - doesnt work as well when oppositions have some strength and get numbers in tackles. Less muscle n more footy!

Reactions: ATT

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try to the Dogs but missed the conversion 16-14

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should be smashing Central coast.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They are struggling this year. The both centres look good but they keep trying to show how tough they are instead playing football. I’d give both them a run in second row. There both big enough. It will improve there game and ball control which lets them down quite a bit. You can’t win games at that level with no ball control and controlled aggression
didnt watch this game where the doggies dropping the ball on every second set?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Harold Matthews Cup Round 3 Team List
No.Name
1Joash Papalii
2Charlie Sorovi
3Julius Deacon Mautama
4Lachlan Broederlow
5Lisaite Tupou
6Brooklyn Taumata
7Braydon Hawes
8Amir Yatim
9Josese Lanyon
10Shaquille Tavita
11Lujuan Vito
12Sione Lolohea
13Jarrah Mcleod
14Jonathan Sua
15Bailey Myers
16Paea Tu'iniua
17Junior Taupau
20Ibrahim El-Cheikh

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That markoupolus tigers player nearly scores a try in every match, didnt he make it in the doggie HM at one stage?

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Inept performance. Dropped the ball or gave away a penalty almost every set. Worst discipline I have seen in a long time.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Inept performance. Dropped the ball or gave away a penalty almost every set. Worst discipline I have seen in a long time.
In the trials they couldnt hold the ball - which ever teams held the ball scored.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My mate went out. Said a disgrace. 1 out the whole game. Could not complete a set. Gave away penalties 3rd and 4th tackles consistently, cannot build pressure. Still think their big unfit islander forwards are going to steam roll through. New half back ordinary. Not sure why they would sign junior tapou, lazy and ordinary. I wish i hadnt asked him for a report.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My mate went out. Said a disgrace. 1 out the whole game. Could not complete a set. Gave away penalties 3rd and 4th tackles consistently, cannot build pressure. Still think their big unfit islander forwards are going to steam roll through. New half back ordinary. Not sure why they would sign junior tapou, lazy and ordinary. I wish i hadnt asked him for a report.
Perfect summary. I was unfortunately there for the game as well.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know the matts lost 4-5 players but how can you just self destruct?
Only have seen two trials and the game against Roosters - they kept dropping the ball and the ball rarely got past a big player trying to steamroll the opposition. When the halves used the ball they looked ok.
Defensively very ordinary in all games i saw, particularly on the edge where a little bit of pace found them out.