Official Bulldogs Harold Matthews Cup 2021

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cheers for names. You could tell the difference in fitness in my opionion in both grades. Parramatta where much much fitter

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cheers for names. You could tell the difference in fitness in my opionion in both grades. Parramatta where much much fitter
The halves and dummy half who were all in head gear were good. in Both games the Dogs middles were having to do too much work - they were hitting the ball up too often then having too defend tired very quickly

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The halves and dummy half who were all in head gear were good. in Both games the Dogs middles were having to do too much work - they were hitting the ball up too often then having too defend tired very quickly
Yer I don’t know if being coached that way. But seems like it. The 1 in head gear also looks good with ball in hand.
sgball looked like boys against men.Alot them looked like they got picked from pub footy comps. There in for a long year in my opionion

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yer I don’t know if being coached that way. But seems like it. The 1 in head gear also looks good with ball in hand.
sgball looked like boys against men.Alot them looked like they got picked from pub footy comps. There in for a long year in my opionion
Was only a trial and is still at the the "selection" trial level - probably less than half those who played today will make the final squad.

Reactions: ATT

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was only a trial and is still at the the "selection" trial level - probably less than half those who played today will make the final squad.
I personally think there a good squad. With good mixture. But need to be more fit for when serious end comes around

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
AAT/Diddly. Thanks for the reports. My mate said the same about Matts. Mazone the winger super busy, dummy halves good, and quite a few of our forwards carrying some extra pounds.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
AAT/Diddly. Thanks for the reports. My mate said the same about Matts. Mazone the winger super busy, dummy halves good, and quite a few of our forwards carrying some extra pounds.
Thats a good summary

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s. Pretty easy to fix. So much talent in Matt’s. But my opinion.
teach halves to play one each side ruck. Two dominant forwards Inside them. Makes teams try go around. Rest team players corridors quick feet and quick hands. All built around fitness. Do that we win our share and more importantly develop players for first grade. But need the write coaches. Not mates of mates. With limited Fitness.
mom not trying to offended current coaches but they need some help after what I seen today

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Parra HM played their strongest side in the first game, a lot of the second tier players played the rest of the games . Bulldogs had their better players out so it’s hard to know where they are at .

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree SG Ball were dominated by a very young PARRA squad , but I do believe the dogs had quite a few of the boys out .

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good to see the ones I put in bold letters are back and also good to see Paul Alamoti stuck with us heard Parra where going all out for him if anyone got any info on any of the other players let us know who to keep a eye out for
Interesting that they are listed alphabetically by their first names. Is Yousef El-Masri related to Haz?

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Parra HM played their strongest side in the first game, a lot of the second tier players played the rest of the games . Bulldogs had their better players out so it’s hard to know where they are at .
I was speaking with one of my mates whos brother in the harold matts and he said there going to be dropping kids next week, so im guessing next week will be better in terms of gauging where there at.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was speaking with one of my mates whos brother in the harold matts and he said there going to be dropping kids next week, so im guessing next week will be better in terms of gauging where there at.
Just back from riff. Trials. They played sharks. And they they are both fitt and well structured. They both ran two sides. And they where well drilled and fitt. We will get towed in sgball unless they bring back a new side. And Matt’s will need to be fitt to compete. But as you say they will drop some next week. Hopefully they get smashed fitness wise. My opionion only

Life_of_League

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watched the games too. HM did well to come back. Didn’t realised Parra first team were their dominant side. SG Ball was a total different story. HM will give them a run for their money. No structure, no completion of sets. It was sad to see. Those up with Flegg, are they actually coming back down? At a coaching course end of last year it was said that if they are good enough to play up they will be staying up. Can anyone confirm if Alamoti is playing Flegg. Apparently they need centres and he is the one!
Fitness over both teams is a major thing.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they finalised the kids for the development teams?Any updated lists?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they finalised the kids for the development teams?Any updated lists?
dont know but there is another trial game today

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any idea how ball went? Did they complete a set?
Watched 2/3 pf the SGBAll were down 4 tries to two. Better than last week but lack spark. Will really need for those coming back from training with Flegg to make a difference.
Handling was better but it showed up the limitations in attack.