News Bulldogs hard man Luke Thompson rushes home to England 'in an emotional state' to deal with a mystery family issue

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When family is unwell, it is best to spend as much time as possible with them, creating and cherishing memories.

I wish Luke and his family only the very best, and hope that Julie can fight whatever health issues she is having.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I'd honestly be happier if he's not rushed back with his mother's health still on his mind. I know that after my dad had a stroke a couple of years ago, I was really distracted by a fear in the back of my mind that I mightn't see him again. I had to go a month at work before I could get down to see him.

I know we're paying Thompson well, but I don't think it hurts our pulling power as a club if we're regarded as compassionate when our players have family issues.
Yeah I’m cool with that. We call ourselves the family club we need to act like it.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t see him returning wether the reason is genuine or not. He is a great player but his size lets him down. He is better off playing at home and being one of the top players there then coming here and playing for a side who won’t make the finals in his time here.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully all is well over there for Thommo and he returns soon, but if not, it will free up a ton of cap cash for us

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Any news? Got a feeling he’s gone

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Guess my feeling was wrong