Bulldogs halfback Matt Frawley credits NSW Cup apprenticeship for strong NRL start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
MATT Frawley has credited his long apprenticeship in reserve grade for a strong start to his NRL career that has sparked Canterbury’s three-game winning streak. Despite coming off the bench in the past two games, Frawley has yet to taste defeat since debuting in round five and been pivotal in his team’s push back into the top eight.

Having played close to 55 minutes in their past victories against Newcastle and South Sydney, Frawley admits he enters each game uncertain of how much of a role he will play.

“I think it’s going to change from week to week. We don’t really have a set plan, we just see how the game goes,” he said.

“I’m coming on and the boys that have been playing are a bit fatigued, so I can take advantage of that, I’m obviously fresh.

The Bulldogs have won three in a row with Frawley in the team.Source: News Corp Australia
“There’s going to be weeks that I’m not going to get as much time and there’s going to be weeks that I get more time. I just got to prepare for every situation.” Teammate Brett Morris likened Canterbury’s three-pronged set of halves to when former halfback Trent Hodkinson was one of three playmakers rotated from game to game.

“We saw a similar thing happen a couple of years ago when Moses was coming through with Trent and Josh. It brings out the best in footballers,” Morris said.

“Obviously you want to be out there on the paddock and to do that, you’ve got to be playing well. It’s a good headache for Des to have.”

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...t/news-story/2325f3f23bf1b8881729209ae3b34065

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd start with him as of next week max

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We dont have a set plan ???? Fuck me dead heres a start supercoach you got a half that can actually play as a half put him on from the get go. and get a game plan around your half. Moses can start at hooker
Get the forwards being fucking forwards and out of the fucking way.set a platform so our halves can set the backs up with plays .
Its rugby league it dont gotta be that difficult desmond

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's all being coy.

Hasler is slowly easing Frawley into the game (he's coming on earlier and earlier). Lichaa's shit passnig didn't help though last week.

We are flat before he comes on, but we need him to start playnig a full game.

With a full roster coming back, we can't afford to be stuffing around with benching halves and hookers.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Easily the best player in the team at the moment and he can't even crack the starting side shows how much of a dickhead our SuperCoach is.

Frawley is a future immortal.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we land cronk and foran then we have 5 halves. No need for forwards as we will adapt to a new style. All our halves each making 200+ metres.

Status
Not open for further replies.