News Bulldogs halfback Lachlan Lewis is facing a two-week suspension

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tigers smashed our forward pack last game. I expect the same next week.

Whoever is replacing lewis is once again going to play behind a defeated pack and look shit for lewis to come straight in and look the saviour the following week
Hoppa injured and Grant taking control was the big difference last time. It's a winnable game with Lewis not there if our experienced players stop playing shit

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the hell is the team going to do now. Whose going to put up a bomb on the first set and kick it over the deadline on full. Goodbye finals and winning streaks

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck this forum is full of haters!!!
I don't understand your point of view sometimes. You hammer Jackson and rightly so. You questioned Thompson in his fifth game when he came over mid season but you keep defending Lewis of all people? I'm not having a go at all, I just don't understand the logic.

I understand if you don't like people getting personal about Lewis but he deserves as much criticism as any player over the last three seasons.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone defending Lewis performances every week needs to go get glasses. He is the Bulldogs weakest player every game. Has no idea at all what he is doing on the last tackles

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't understand your point of view sometimes. You hammer Jackson and rightly so. You questioned Thompson in his fifth game when he came over mid season but you keep defending Lewis of all people? I'm not having a go at all, I just don't understand the logic.

I understand if you don't like people getting personal about Lewis but he deserves as much criticism as any player over the last three seasons.
The thing is Lewis could have a man of the match performamce and everyone on the kennel who hates him would still post 10 posts in the "lewis is the worst half of al time" thread. Its just so fucking relentless!! Its like the sack pay threads. Warrented or not, just give the guy a fucking break.
Lewis is nowhere near as bad as everyone makes out, and he does plenty of good things in most games that most people conveniently overlook. Its just easier to hate.
As for jackson, im entitled to my opinion that he should no longer be a garaunteed starter. For all the shit a maligned player like lewis gets, jackson seems to be untouchable. The difference is that Jackson used to be a NSW and Australian rep, and he is our club captain who is playing like a busted arse. Whereas Lewis is fringe first grader that trues hisbest every game, but just doesnt have the magic you expect from your HB.
As for Thomson, all i said was that he has been solid, but not the gamebreaker i had hoped he would be. Thats hardly giving it to him by any stretch.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The thing is Lewis could have a man of the match performamce and everyone on the kennel who hates him would still post 10 posts in the "lewis is the worst half of al time" thread. Its just so fucking relentless!! Its like the sack pay threads. Warrented or not, just give the guy a fucking break.
Lewis is nowhere near as bad as everyone makes out, and he does plenty of good things in most games that most people conveniently overlook. Its just easier to hate.
As for jackson, im entitled to my opinion that he should no longer be a garaunteed starter. For all the shit a maligned player like lewis gets, jackson seems to be untouchable. The difference is that Jackson used to be a NSW and Australian rep, and he is our club captain who is playing like a busted arse. Whereas Lewis is fringe first grader that trues hisbest every game, but just doesnt have the magic you expect from your HB.
As for Thomson, all i said was that he has been solid, but not the gamebreaker i had hoped he would be. Thats hardly giving it to him by any stretch.
Just as we show a bias dislike of lewis, you show a bias like of lewis.. whoever is right or wrong is definitely up for debate.. but what is not up for debate is his game yesterday.. it was one of the worst performances of the year. Everything he touched turned to shit. He single handedly jump started the storms momentum on multiple occasions yesterday...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Lewis gets MOM the opposition had their worst day at the office along with most of our players lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Lewis is that bad which is why people are so relentless. I agree with you on Jackson and you're not far off with Thompson. But Lewis has played 30 plus games and is in his third season. If he can't do basic things by now, then he's open to criticism as much as anyone else.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy to get someone else a run at half back but there was nothing in that tackle on Munster. 10 in the bin was an atrocious call, softest sin bin in history
He’s lucky he wasn’t sent off like he should have been if the ref had an ounce of nuts.

I’d be filthy if it was on a Dogs player. Was high, reckless

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s lucky he wasn’t sent off like he should have been if the ref had an ounce of nuts.

Did you watch the game mate?
Hit him on the chest and bounced up. Nothing in it.
Not
Jog on.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Lol can’t stand him at all but shouldn’t have even been a sin bin

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Lewis is that bad which is why people are so relentless. I agree with you on Jackson and you're not far off with Thompson. But Lewis has played 30 plus games and is in his third season. If he can't do basic things by now, then he's open to criticism as much as anyone else.
Everyone else that has played in Lewis' absence has been terrible too. The team has gone much better with him in the halves this year. That doesnt say much, except that all of our halves are bog average.