Bulldogs Greatest Team!!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Terry Lamb easily best player. Just look at his support play. Always backing up. And continued on after the 80s and won in 1995. A player that you would build a team around.
And was a two man band at the Maggie's with Leis starting when only 19 or 20, he was a great for 15 years+ I love this champion.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 48. Eels won premierships when I was 7, 8, 9 and 12 years old. Been an Eels fan since I was 5.
Hey I'm 48 too.

I've been lucky enough to watch my beloved Bulldogs play in 12 Grand finals for 6 premierships.

I feel for you man, the most Wooden spoons for a total of 14 must really suck.

Throw ontop of that the longest premiership drought of 36 years must be harrowing.

Chin up though bud, you guys still have a chance this year.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should beat the Raiders, but Cowboys in Townsville will be difficult. Eels have the team, but not the coach.
haven't had the team or coach since '86 one could argue....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My first game I saw live was 1984. I have fond memories of the hill too my bro.

My first live GF was 88, my Uncle was a massive Dogs fan so he took me to games.

So from 88, I've been to all our finals games and GF's.

Shreksno1

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
My first game I saw live was 1984. I have fond memories of the hill too my bro.

My first live GF was 88, my Uncle was a massive Dogs fan so he took me to games.

So from 88, I've been to all our finals games and GF's.
Respect brother, my uncle got me into the dogs also that’s crazy

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I'm 48. Eels won premierships when I was 7, 8, 9 and 12 years old. Been an Eels fan since I was 5.
Fuck what a nightmare the last time u saw your team win the comp you were a child! Damn! Hahahahahaahhaa

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember me? Slippery eel, slip from RLeague Grandstand. You know, we're in the finals this year and you're not. :grinning:

Anyway, I created my own forum https://electriceel.boards.net/

But more importantly, and the reason why I am here today, I have also created another forum https://rugbyleaguehistorian.boards.net/

And wanted to know the list of players for the greatest Bulldogs team. No Team of the Century for the Doggies.

Can you help?
Hey mate,

Glad to help!

Can we provide nominations for the top 36 players?

That way we can name a bulldog legend for every year since the Eels' last premiership.

slippery eel

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hey I'm 48 too.

I've been lucky enough to watch my beloved Bulldogs play in 12 Grand finals for 6 premierships.

I feel for you man, the most Wooden spoons for a total of 14 must really suck.

Throw ontop of that the longest premiership drought of 36 years must be harrowing.

Chin up though bud, you guys still have a chance this year.
Thanks

IMO, Eels have a decent spine - players that can score plenty of points especially when Dylan Brown is firing, best forward pack, well one of the biggest and a good bench. But I just don't rate the coaching staff. What a waste of a quality team!! Such a shame to have these players at Parra, but the coach is not Bellamy, Bennett, Robinson or Cleary. Brad Arthur in 9 years has not made a preliminary and if the Raiders win on Friday, that will be the most embarrassing ending to a season, more so than what happened in 1998.

slippery eel

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hey mate,

Glad to help!

Can we provide nominations for the top 36 players?

That way we can name a bulldog legend for every year since the Eels' last premiership.
Last 36 years - Jim Dymock no1. :-) Loved Jimmy at the Eels in the 90s. Those four players were a great addition, just lacked a quality halfback.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How privileged you must feet to have the chance to watch your team bomb out in straight sets again....lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Parra might get there but don’t do anything when they do..in the end they get the same prize as the Dogs..

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thanks

IMO, Eels have a decent spine - players that can score plenty of points especially when Dylan Brown is firing, best forward pack, well one of the biggest and a good bench. But I just don't rate the coaching staff. What a waste of a quality team!! Such a shame to have these players at Parra, but the coach is not Bellamy, Bennett, Robinson or Cleary. Brad Arthur in 9 years has not made a preliminary and if the Raiders win on Friday, that will be the most embarrassing ending to a season, more so than what happened in 1998.
did you grow up in the parra district and play yourself?

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terry Lamb easily best player. Just look at his support play. Always backing up. And continued on after the 80s and won in 1995. A player that you would build a team around.
Lamb played in 3 GF winning teams for the Dogs. Mortimer played in 4 GF winning teams plus single handedly got the Dogs into the 79 GF including the amazing match turning solo try against Parra in the GF qualifier that year when he ran around several Parra defenders. Mortimer scored two amazing long range solo tries the week before in the sudden death semi against Cronulla. Saints ran riot in the first half of the GF and would have put a cricket score on the Dogs if it wasn't for Mortimer saving several tries with his trademark cover tackles.
Sterlo has said several times on tv that when Parra played the Dogs in the late 70's and through the 80's their main focus was trying to minimise the impact Mortimer had on the game as they knew that would determine the outcome of the game.
NSW never won an Origin series until Mortimer was captain.
Dogs would have won 86 GF in the last play of the game if Bugden had passed the ball to Mortimer to set up the match winner instead of going for himself from dummy half and getting tackled seconds before the siren.
Lamb is great but Mortimer is the GOAT.
No HB in history had Mortimer's blistering acceleration, chip and regather, the greatest cover tackles and winning 4 GF.

Last edited: