1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

News Bulldogs forward Ofahiki Ogden’s game plan is simply to go out on field and bash blokes

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by Bulldog_4_Life, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Bulldog_4_Life

Bulldog_4_Life Kennel Addict

DON’T let Ofahiki Ogden’s beaming ear-to-ear smile fool you.

Behind the wide grin is a young forward eager to make a name for himself in the NRL as a ‘hard as nails’ enforcer.

Canterbury’s salary cap woes paved the way for Ogden to make his debut last weekend against Newcastle and now he wants to cement a spot in coach Dean Pay’s first 17.

Like many young players from New Zealand, Ogden is softly spoken and cuts a shy demeanour.

[​IMG]
    Ofahiki Ogden will look to play an impact role off the bench against the Raiders. Picture: Richard Dobson
    But that all changes on the football field when the referee blows time on and the Mangere East Hawks junior only has one thing on his mind.

“It’s just something I like doing, going out there and smashing blokes and trying to run over people. It’s always been like that for me, run as hard you can and tackle as hard as you can,” he said.

Fellow Bulldogs forward Adam Elliott described Ogden as ‘hard as nails’ and said he runs so hard that the rest of his teammates try and avoid his big hits and ‘big shoulders’ during their training sessions.

Ogden, who was poached from the Warriors, says his aggressive approach to every battle upfront makes him tailor made for the physicality of the NRL.

He says he’ll be using Saturday night’s clash against Canberra’s behemoth pack to prove to Pay he deserves to be a regular in his side.

“I think I am made for it, but there are a few things I need to work on in my defence and what I'm doing at the moment, but talking to my defensive coaches trying to work on my game so I can get better,” he said.

[​IMG]
    Ogden says he simply likes to run hard and tackle hard. Picture: Richard Dobson
    “I want to go out there and challenge other forwards in the NRL to see where I’m at and for myself it’s always a challenge to see who can run the hardest and tackle the hardest.

Ogden is contracted at Belmore until the end of next season and he says he wants to remain a Bulldog into the future.

“I do see myself here for the long-term, I’m just trying to improve and trying to cement a start in the starting 13 or even just off the bench,” he said.

“I’m not trying too look to far ahead, I want to take each week as it comes and try to improve my game.”

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
  2. finchie

finchie Immortal

Nice
    Footy is a simple game
    Run and tackle harder than the opp and 9/10 you should win the game

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Scoooby

Scoooby Kennel Enthusiast Gilded

Love Ofahikis attitude, seems like a good young bloke who wants to prove himself! Great read as well.

All the best to him!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. flamebouyant

flamebouyant Kennel Enthusiast

Fucking unleash the beast!!!

• Like Like x 4
  5. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

I really rate this bloke

• Like Like x 2
  6. SecretLifeOfPetsTheMovie

SecretLifeOfPetsTheMovie Kennel Addict

7. Oatley Dog

Oatley Dog Kennel Addict Gilded

Sounds a bit like what Tualau was supposed to do and started to do when he first came up to FG. Hope he doesn't go backwards like Francis has.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mitch Connor

Mitch Connor Super Moderator Staff Member

Tualau has really fallen off the face of the earth this season. I didn’t think he was much chop to begin with but seems to have become worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KiwiDog7

KiwiDog7 Immortal

I rewatched the game last night (Knights) and Ogden and Fualolo provided a nice 1-2 punch off the bench giving us the best impact I have seen this season

Klemmer had some nice little tip on with Ogden and our ruck speed was quick as

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oatley Dog

Oatley Dog Kennel Addict Gilded

Yeah I thought that was DF's best game ever. It was how I expected him to play all season but he just seemed to disappear. Hopefully now he is back and firing he will keep going.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Snowmann

Snowmann Party Rocker

That’s what I wanna see, instead of that pillow fighting cat Woods taking the ball up backwards..

• Like Like x 3
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  12. KiwiDog7

KiwiDog7 Immortal

It just seemed as though he had more leg drive and power aye

Great to see

Perhaps the injury layoff was what he needed to refresh and study his own game

• Like Like x 1
  13. ASSASSIN

ASSASSIN The Bearded Crusader Premium Member Gilded

Love the attitude.

Last person we had who wanted to bash and steamroll the opposition was Shrek, which I still miss.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Snowmann

Snowmann Party Rocker

The Orge, now there’s a bloke who doesn’t give a flying fuck about his looks. That’s what we need instead to pretty boys like De Belin and RCG..guys who are willing to have their nose all over their face.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Maxhardcore

Maxhardcore Forum Regular

Drops the ball once and TK calls for him to be beheaded. We have seen this script before. Good luck this Saturday old mate.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Matilida

Matilida Forum Regular

love the attitude, love the hunger.

17. BlackDawg

BlackDawg Forum Regular

All I can say son is walk the talk because Mbye loved a headline but never delivered.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Bob dog

Bob dog Hectik defence

As long as he can run harder and faster than Woods its a move forward, great switch by the Dogs, bring on Saturday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MatstaDogg

MatstaDogg The Bearded Baker Premium Member

That game he steamrolled Gibbs will forever be cemented in my mind. Fuckin sweet justice for starting the fight not long before it.

• Like Like x 3
  20. ASSASSIN

ASSASSIN The Bearded Crusader Premium Member Gilded

My favourite Bulldog moment. I love when cunts start shit then get leveled the fuck out.

Gibbs has to be in the top 3 of the biggest cats in league history.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1