Bulldogs forward Devontai Seumanutafa breaks Keebra Park squat record

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope he gets some decent time on the park and kills it!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do we have any association with Keebra Park anymore or has that ended with McDonnell leaving? It sure would be good to tap into their production line...

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah lately watching him he's either lazy or not into it. The kid has potential no doubt but watching him recently I felt a bit disappointed.
I think a lot of our players in the lower grades are too good for reserve grade but not good enough for first grade

Banned
Reaction score
Is he showing the potential we hoped for?
If yes, have we secured him beyond the end of this year yet?
If not, why not?

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he showing the potential we hoped for?
If yes, have we secured him beyond the end of this year yet?
If not, why not?
Someone mentioned here, around this time last year, that he saw in fb the kid extended his contract for 3 yrs.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Playing Flegg is a long way off playing Canterbury Cup and that's a very long way off playing 1st grade.

He does remind me of a young Jason Taumalolo when he debuted at 17, similar running style and just a beast.
This kid is worth keeping and investing in... Have we offered him a new contract?

Malla

Reaction score
Breaking a squat record has absolutely fuck all to do with how good he can play footy

Banned
Reaction score
Breaking a squat record has absolutely fuck all to do with how good he can play footy
True, hence my question if he's showing the potential we're seeking :grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yet is he a powepuff when hitting the line, or actively tried to run over the top of the line?
From what I've seen he either bends the line hard, or breaks through it. Runs the ball hard.

Banned
Reaction score
From what I've seen he either bends the line hard, or breaks through it. Runs the ball hard.
Is what we need.
Would a run against a smaller forward FG pack be warranted this year to afford him an idea of how far he has to go and also show our current FG pack how fucking soft they are?

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is what we need.
Would a run against a smaller forward FG pack be warranted this year to afford him an idea of how far he has to go and also show our current FG pack how fucking soft they are?
Nope far way off IMO. He's probably 12 months off 1st grade at the very least. I think a good half year in CC followed by a full pre season with the full time squad and get him of a development contract for 2020 with a debut in July next year would be a good plan.

Banned
Reaction score
He's called up for the bench in CC/reggies this week iirc?
Be interesting to see how he fairs.
If he shows the ability there, I was thinking that my prior comment may be warranted for later this year.
All about timing.
Maybe a dev contract next year would be the carrot rather than a bench on FG to experience the higher fitness/skills level as you say?

Last edited:

DES

Waterboy
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this guy is injured or no longer with the club. Haven’t seen him in any grade for 3weeks.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whilst we talk about disappearing acts, where the hell is Luis Strickland?