News Bulldogs footy boss Phil Gould slams 'totally incorrect' Kyle Flanagan report

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wishful thinking ASSASSIN :-)
But you know what ?
It would be most satisfying if we could turn Flanagan into a quality halfback.
Am I asking for toooooo much :tearsofjoy:
I can see him now getting Game 1 No.7 (if he is still with us :grinning: and him getting the chance to show his wares ....or return to reserve grade.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we don't have a proper half we will build and evolve some out of what we have, there is time.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What Gus says and what Gus does are two different things. Publicly he has to support Flanagan even when it's obvious he doesn't have a future at the club and they'll be happy for another club to take him.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What Gus says and what Gus does are two different things. Publicly he has to support Flanagan even when it's obvious he doesn't have a future at the club and they'll be happy for another club to take him.
Is it possible that Gould doesn't share your opinion?

Always a Bulldog

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doesn't than mean you believe that News Corp are c....o......r.....r....e.....c.....t (sorry it's hard to type "News Corp" and "Correct" in the same sentence).

Always a Bulldog
Lies UnLtd are C...O...R...R...U...P...T not C...O...R...R...E...C...T !!!
Their stories are a mixture of Lies with a hint of the truth.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep as he can't come out publicly and say that Flanno is being shopped around as it will likely backfire as I still can't see a club taking him even if we pay 90% freight. Whats the media going to come up with next, so over all this shit..we need to come out winning games as that's the only way the media shit storm will move on.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% right
Bullfrog was a master at it, he was one of the greatest CEOs ever !!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Clearly Gus doesn't rate him either as Flanagan was still benched numerous times after he took over.
That's not really all that conclusive, we were still in the bubble and I don't think Gould made it to many training sessions. Left the selections pretty much up to Barrett. I'm sure we will have something more concrete to base opinions on shortly.

Always a Bulldog

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's not really all that conclusive, we were still in the bubble and I don't think Gould made it to many training sessions. Left the selections pretty much up to Barrett. I'm sure we will have something more concrete to base opinions on shortly.

Always a Bulldog
Gus could pull the boots back on for 10 mins in a trial to see up close and personal how Flange plays, the view will be the same. Flanagan is walking the Green mile until an option that suits us (see: suits Gus) us presents itself..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
He was literally the 5th option behind Averillo, BBO, Wakeham and Lewis by the end of the season. He was benched to Reserve Grade at the Roosters and replaced by Lam.. Gus would have seen enough of him over the years to know how average he is.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was literally the 5th option behind Averillo, BBO, Wakeham and Lewis by the end of the season. He was benched to Reserve Grade at the Roosters and replaced by Lam.. Gus would have seen enough of him over the years to know how average he is.
For some it's...See No Evil Hear No Evil :fearscream::tearsofjoy:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus could pull the boots back on for 10 mins in a trial to see up close and personal how Flange plays, the view will be the same. Flanagan is walking the Green mile until an option that suits us (see: suits Gus) us presents itself..
For some it's...See No Evil Hear No Evil :fearscream::tearsofjoy:
Then why has Gould come out so strongly against the "shopping around" bullshit?

I don't buy the "keep his value up" logic, if we dumb arse Kennelers can see through it then I'm pretty confident that RL clubs worldwide won't have an issue doing the same.

As for "5th option" fark off, there are 2 halves, so at worst that's 2.5th option.

FWIW Fittler consulted Gould before Flanagan's selection in the emerging Blues squad in 2019, playing all his junior career in Gould's backyard, so Gould has seen plenty of him for over 10 years. Probably longer than that, I saw Gould at an Aquinas game when Flanagan, JBrailey and Xerri were all playing for them.

Always a Bulldog

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep as he can't come out publicly and say that Flanno is being shopped around as it will likely backfire as I still can't see a club taking him even if we pay 90% freight. Whats the media going to come up with next, so over all this shit..we need to come out winning games as that's the only way the media shit storm will move on.
Well that's not going to happen for at least 6 weeks.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Then why has Gould come out so strongly against the "shopping around" bullshit?
Probably because the bigger problem we face is we cant be seen bagging or devaluing a player that we desperately want to offload, otherwise we will be paying most of his wage.

Barrett should never have recruited him and definitley not for the amount he is on. Maybe Gus should call Bennett for a favour to send him to the pilchards.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Someone needs ask Gus on Twitter how many times a day does Shane Flanagan phone him.
Ive heard Trent Robinson had to block him when he was at the Rorters