Bulldogs fan - Danny Lim beaten up by police

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An attempt to escape police?

Even if he did escape police what was he going to do then?

Come back with an even funnier sandwich board?

He's not exactly a criminal mastermind, secretly controlling the Sydney drug trade.

He's a 78 year old wandering the streets of Sydney with a funny sign.
So what you are saying is that any older man we should just absolve of any criminal responsibility and forget about charging them for any crimes?

The guy is a serial pest, a known nuisance, and someone who has been permenantely banned from some places because of his attitude and offensive signage.

He deliberately goes out to push peoples buttons, and when he gets injured, cries victim, and strangely enough people are stupid enough to believe his sob stories and get all uppity about it.

At 78 years old you'd think the bloke would have matured, but clearly not. Maybe this latest brush with the law will be what he needs to pull his head in.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So what you are saying is that any older man we should just absolve of any criminal responsibility and forget about charging them for any crimes?

The guy is a serial pest, a known nuisance, and someone who has been permenantely banned from some places because of his attitude and offensive signage.

He deliberately goes out to push peoples buttons, and when he gets injured, cries victim, and strangely enough people are stupid enough to believe his sob stories and get all uppity about it.

At 78 years old you'd think the bloke would have matured, but clearly not. Maybe this latest brush with the law will be what he needs to pull his head in.
If he was charged it would’ve been with failing to comply with a move along direction and he’d be lucky to get a Section 10 or a $100 fine. It’s hardly like he’s a dangerous criminal.

Those hero cops should’ve walked him out or communicated between themselves and also with Danny better. The hero on Danny’s left kicked the back of Danny’s leg to put him off balance which didn’t work so then leg swept him & forced him headfirst into the ground without Danny able to brace himself.

He’s an old man, you can’t treat everyone like they are an angry Nelson Asofa-Solomona. No wonder cops have a bad reputation. It’s commonly known in legal circles that city cops are the roughest bouncers with police uniforms on (no offense @ASSASSIN but you’ll know what I mean). What if he was your grandfather Mitch?

I know Chris Murphy well (we worked in the same building for years and he got a mate of mine off a dodgy gang murder charge he didn’t do) and he’ll be like a dog with a bone like this so sign him up to your website.

I hope I don’t sound too much like @Flanagun or the old lefty woman here haha

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If he was charged it would’ve been with failing to comply with a move along direction and he’d be lucky to get a Section 10 or a $100 fine. It’s hardly like he’s a dangerous criminal.

Those hero cops should’ve walked him out or communicated between themselves and also with Danny better. The hero on Danny’s left kicked the back of Danny’s leg to put him off balance which didn’t work so then leg swept him & forced him headfirst into the ground without Danny able to brace himself.

He’s an old man, you can’t treat everyone like they are an angry Nelson Asofa-Solomona. No wonder cops have a bad reputation. It’s commonly known in legal circles that city cops are the roughest bouncers with police uniforms on (no offense @ASSASSIN but you’ll know what I mean). What if he was your grandfather Mitch?

I know Chris Murphy well (we worked in the same building for years and he got a mate of mine off a dodgy gang murder charge he didn’t do) and he’ll be like a dog with a bone like this so sign him up to your website.

You don't quite sound like me yet, but we're getting there.... delete the last line, throw a baby or two in, a few la familiars, point out Reed Mahoney has a gut and you'll be getting there. Boom!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

What do you suggest they do when he's been asked nicely, ignored several requests to leave and not left, been trespassed already, and then not responded to police attempts to remove him?

Are police just meant to set up shop and spend hours waiting him out until he decides to move, when there are far more important incidents to attend? Or are they simply meant to walk off and leave him be to freely annoy others?

People sometimes have short fuses, and if he's continually annoying people and being a nuisance, the reality is that one day someone might just have had enough of his antics, and drop him, ironically resulting in him seeking the assistance of police.

Sure he's no Alameddine, Hamzy, or Skaf family member, but he's still breaking the law, regardless of the bleeding hearts.

They tried walking him out and his stifflegged them, this is evident to anyone that has watched the video.

I guess in hindsight maybe they just should have tasered him and dragged him out? Maybe everyone would have been happy with that.

The concierges at QVB are lovely, they don't need to be dealing with him or others being an absolute nuisance during their day.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What do you suggest they do when he's been asked nicely, ignored several requests to leave and not left, been trespassed already, and then not responded to police attempts to remove him?

Are police just meant to set up shop and spend hours waiting him out until he decides to move, when there are far more important incidents to attend? Or are they simply meant to walk off and leave him be to freely annoy others?

People sometimes have short fuses, and if he's continually annoying people and being a nuisance, the reality is that one day someone might just have had enough of his antics, and drop him, ironically resulting in him seeking the assistance of police.

Sure he's no Alameddine, Hamzy, or Skaf family member, but he's still breaking the law, regardless of the bleeding hearts.

They tried walking him out and his stifflegged them, this is evident to anyone that has watched the video.

I guess in hindsight maybe they just should have tasered him and dragged him out? Maybe everyone would have been happy with that.

The concierges at QVB are lovely, they don't need to be dealing with him or others being an absolute nuisance during their day.
I’m glad the concierges, security & police are all lovely. They are also working in an area that would have the highest density of homeless people in the country so should have some experience dealing with people like Danny, possibly on a daily basis.

The only way you can remove a non-violent 60kg 80 year old is to leg sweep them to the ground headfirst? Look at the size of that cop. If that was my grandfather the coward would be unemployed and broke, probably sponging off his girlfriend and telling everyone on his blog how unfair the world was

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Agree with everything you said..only thing I don’t sort of agree with is to me it didn’t look like the Police Officer sweep kicked Danny causing him to fall, he was already on his way…however in saying that, he would not have fallen face first into a hard tiled floor if the police hadn’t manhandled him so roughly in the first place..

Last edited:

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score

No, I'm not saying we should forget about charging anyone with any crime.
I am however saying police are not able to risk another person's safety even if that person may have committed a offence. There are plenty of options for police to charge someone without arresting them. A criminal infringement notice (CIN) is a pretty easy way to do it without a public confrontation.
In the situation where qvb or police are unhappy with Mr Lim, then the appropriate course of action is to take the matter up in court (or issue a CIN).
We live in a pluralistic society where different views and different ways of life are tolerated. We are not in Iran or Russia.
If someone like Mr Lim crosses a line in terms of community standards then that is for the courts. Not the Police.
The magistrate's court said his banner was not offensive. The police decided not to appeal that decision.
We all have different ideas about what is offensive and what isn't.
If you feel his sign or even his behaviour is offensive you also have the right to take him to court.
But no-one has the right to push him face first into the ground just because he is annoying or you disagree with his views. And that applies to the police as well.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end of the day, there really isn't a "right" side in this one.

He has form for this sort of thing, as do police the way they've treated him.

He should know better, and police should know who he is and handle the situation knowing it could go pearshaped (they certainly treat people with mental health issues differently when it comes to things).

About the only thing that will probably come out of this, is police reminded that they need to handle situations like him differently, and him being banned from yet another place in Sydney for life.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mr Invisible now has splinters

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from or seen Danny?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

I've met and had many a chat with Danny around the Redfern area. He is a gentle soul, and simply enjoys bringing people together by getting their attention with click bait style posters. Talk to him, and you'll change your mind.