Bulldogs fan - Danny Lim beaten up by police

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Head first into the concrete, gotta question Police culture sometimes, sure they sacrifice their lives to try and keep things orderly but stress jobs obviously send them nuts themselves, these ones gotta be dealt with.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Smarty ok? I probably would support him for PM...

I met Danny and Smarty in 2012 in Belmore on the morning of the GF, and got a photo. His sandwich board read: We are the Doggies. Bring on the Pussies.

He's a crazy fucker and many would say, a pest, but he would also weigh 60kg wringing wet, and is about 70 years old. Hardly going to need this kind of force.

(edit: he's 78 ffs)

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Is Smarty ok? I probably would support him for PM...

I met Danny and Smarty in 2012 in Belmore on the morning of the GF, and got a photo. His sandwich board read: We are the Doggies. Bring on the Pussies.

He's a craxyt fucker and many would say, a pest, but he would also weight 60kg wringing wet, and is about 70 years old. Hardly going to need this kind of force.
I think smarty died but I loved smarty

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I know not all cops are *****... but there are a heap of **** cops.
It's a great profession for some of the more narcissistic agressive types unfortunately...but a tough job at the same time.

More training in dealing with these Danny types of peaceful social protester situations seems to be needed and offered to frontline police and any of the bigoted knuckledraggers who can't self control their intolerance, weeded out if they over react and are heavy handed towards the public.

if 2 police officers together can't cuff a 78 year old without tripping and overbalancing him with a face plant to the ground in the midddle if a shopping plaza ....wow. (I am not talking about those traffic disruptors or similar nuisances who physically impinge on the public...throw the book at them).

Another issue: ....was it reasonable for the centre management to call the police and get them involved for such a "seemingly" harmless placard and protester?

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a great profession for some of the more narcissistic agressive types unfortunately...but a tough job at the same time.

More training in dealing with these Danny types of peaceful social protester situations seems to be needed and offered to frontline police and any of the bigoted knuckledraggers who can't self control their intolerance, weeded out if they over react and are heavy handed towards the public.

if 2 police officers together can't cuff a 78 year old without tripping and overbalancing him with a face plant to the ground in the midddle if a shopping plaza ....wow. (I am not talking about those traffic disruptors or similar nuisances who physically impinge on the public...throw the book at them).

Another issue: ....was it reasonable for the centre management to call the police and get them involved for such a "seemingly" harmless placard and protester?
You don't need more training on how to defuse a situation with a old harmless man.
They should be flogged and thrown into the boneyard.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You don't need more training on how to defuse a situation with a old harmless man.
They should be flogged and thrown into the boneyard.
Obviously more training, or rather, "positive reinforcement of heavy handed tactics repercussions=sacking" is needed to stop this happening (in circumstances like a 78 y.o.)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Police report:

“The man’s arrest was discontinued after he struggled with police and sustained an injury to his cheekbone.

2 police officers say he "struggled". Lucky there was independent video of the actual circumstances.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Heard Chris Murphy (celebrity lawyer) interviewed this morning about this. Danny is obviously a Sydney icon, he is different to the average person, but he is harmless. This is another example of Police not using their words sufficiently well, it isn't a good look for them.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Heard Chris Murphy (celebrity lawyer) interviewed this morning about this. Danny is obviously a Sydney icon, he is different to the average person, but he is harmless. This is another example of Police not using their words sufficiently well, it isn't a good look for them.
If you live in Sydney more than likely you have a Danny Lim and smarty his dog story especially if you are a Bulldogs fan. Met him many times and is more than willing to give you a fist bump a big smile and a hug. His sign boards are always funny as well I remember the 2012 qualifier to get into the gf and he had Yalla Habibi - Hot Doggie on a Roll - Go the Bulldoggies