Bulldogs fan’s rage: ‘A steaming pile that keeps getting bigger’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Woods does well for the remainder of the season it will put some heat on Pay as a coach

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Geez a terrific article I thought, says what I feel.

And as for getting over it and moving on... this crap has been going on and on and on all the time and is still current ! Woods this week.... who are we sneakily shopping around in the background now ?. It is meant to stop as at 30 June... but will it ? I hope it does for a while.

Fans like me are really pissed off... all Bulldogs fans should be.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If Woods does well for the remainder of the season it will put some heat on Pay as a coach
Why? We weren't looking to offload him. He saw an opportunity to play semi final footy this year rather than in a few years and he took it. Good luck to him. Hope he gets back into Origin at some point. None of it has anything to do with Pay though. In fact we should be congratulating Woods on doing something that helps us as well. I can tell you those in the club still think highly of him.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why? We weren't looking to offload him. He saw an opportunity to play semi final footy this year rather than in a few years and he took it. Good luck to him. Hope he gets back into Origin at some point. None of it has anything to do with Pay though. In fact we should be congratulating Woods on doing something that helps us as well. I can tell you those in the club still think highly of him.
Because the coach is employed to get the best out of his players and most of our team have taken 3 steps backwards..

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then they are idiots . Instead of playing harder he has jumped ship and even if small amount are paying for the privilege of playing against the club.

Think highly of him he is a plodder who of captain of the tigers ripped into them , compare that to graham and you see who is the one that should be thought highly upon

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Then they are idiots . Instead of playing harder he has jumped ship and even if small amount are paying for the privilege of playing against the club.

Think highly of him he is a plodder who of captain of the tigers ripped into them , compare that to graham and you see who is the one that should be thought highly upon
If you are talking about Graham 3 years ago sure, but today Graham is not much more than a benchie. His tackles are largely ineffective, he runs sidewards still and I haven't missed him this year at all. Woods has more upside being 4 years younger. Hasn't worked out for him with us but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player. he was making 200+ m a game last year for the Tigers so even if his team was ordinary he was giving it to the opposition with no-one else for them to aim up against. Maybe he is just a Tiger at heart and couldn't make the transition to a new team after all this time. Not the first bloke to do that.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Because the coach is employed to get the best out of his players and most of our team have taken 3 steps backwards..
Fair enough but Bellamy hasn't got much out of Kas, Bennett hasn't got much out of Milford, Cronk isn't going great guns, Moylan and Dugan are ordinary......need I go on.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair enough but Bellamy hasn't got much out of Kas, Bennett hasn't got much out of Milford, Cronk isn't going great guns, Moylan and Dugan are ordinary......need I go on.
Kas and Dugan have both been injured... Moylan and Milf were overrated to begin with and Cronk despite a slow start adjusting to a new spine has come good.. I guess my initial comment was in relation to the fact that it's all Des, it's all Castle, it's all Dibb in some peoples eyes and Pay gets a free pass because it's his first year

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Kas and Dugan have both been injured... Moylan and Milf were overrated to begin with and Cronk despite a slow start adjusting to a new spine has come good.. I guess my initial comment was in relation to the fact that it's all Des, it's all Castle, it's all Dibb in some peoples eyes and Pay gets a free pass because it's his first year
Of course he does. He is coaching a terribly unsettled team that contains players who simply are oil and water when on the paddock together. Sometimes there is no chemistry in a team and when there is uncertainty about your future it only makes it worse.

Pay still has a bits and pieces side at the moment but I am expecting in the next couple of months for the team to start and do a bit more, not a lot but a bit to give me some hope for next year that we will at least be away from the bottom of the table. Even Chris Anderson is aiming for at best a bottom of the 8 finish for next year, so that is at best a 50-50 win loss. So if the board is happy with that I can't see why we would have unrealistic expectations.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
dont act like the club or team shouldnt be ripped apart from the inside

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just listened to a good discussion on this topic on 2MMM. Paul Kent very balanced and detailed summary. Maroun asked a final question "who is to blame". Kent correctly responded: Hasler, Castle & the Board in equal parts ie all 100% to blame jointly and severely

Status
Not open for further replies.