News Bulldogs face ‘big’ call on star recruit — but 86-year low proves problem goes much deeper

Malla

Reaction score
Even Mr 37% win rate finally had enough of him. But tell us more about how he isn't actually shit LOL.
Have you tried to get a job on our coaching staff? You would be really good.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs some time in reserves to get some confidence back. But even if he can find some, he is still not fg quality.
Our whole squad is not only poor to begin with, but also playing well below their lowly bests.
So who asked barret to sign him for 3 years....the buck stops with him...at the time he said he will be as good as Cleary with some experience under his belt lol

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Averillo is our best Half currently, hes the only one that is actually trying his heart out and he is young so he will make mistakes.
Next year will be interesting... who will partner Burton?
Our 7 will need to be a game manager as Burton needs to be able to run the line and play freely...
Avo is not a game manager... any suggestions??
Aiden Sezer?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanagan’s kicking game is shit house, he doesn’t have a long kick in him and his high kicks don’t have enough hang time for our defences to put pressure on the catchers
In the red zone his kicks have no accuracy often falling way short of the try line or not wide enough out when kicking for our wingers, I don’t think he knows what a grubber is either?

Averillo outshines him in every aspect when it comes to kicking and he’s hardly played in the halves

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
While there are many great opinions on TK about our problems unfortunately we do not have any better options,
we have to keep in mind we are in a very difficult rebuilding process that will eventually be successful but not before experiencing a setback or two.
In an under preforming and under equipped team Flanagan is under enormous pressure to preform, it doesn't excuse his decision to kick on the first tackle like he did, or the lack of vision and creativity especially inside the 20 meter attacking zone, Flanagan might or might not be ready to control a first grade team yet but he has the potential to do so one day.
The one positive in all this in the meantime, he is on approximately $300k a season for 3 seasons ant not on $1 million a season for 3 seasons.
Patience is a virtue !!!
Don't let the corrupt media influence your judgement.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barrett is not a NRL first grade coach, its as simple as that

Flanagan has talent, BUT his confidence is shot. The question is can he get that confidence back? By the looks of it, he wont under Barrett

Trent, Flanagan aint Cleary, and our squad cannot play the style the Panthers play

Like fuck the last few weeks, Flanagan does all the kicking in the first half and Averillo does all the kicking in the second half.

TRENT! These young inexperienced players in vital positions cannot execute structured tactics and plays! You want structure, you need old seasoned fucken heads

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanno is just young and needs more time in Reggie's he is not the answer now. I think he has the heart but not the skill. Baz has to make a hard decision if he persists with this experiment it will cost him his job.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Typical of Hooper making the well-being of Flanno a Bulldog issue rather than a Roosters one... Reality is Roosters dumped him, didn’t see him as their future and we provided him with a lifeline... It’s healthy to get him back in the Reggies where he can dominate and regain some confidence and in parallel, TB is setting a standard for the team... these journalists are Fwits

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz has forgotten that he played behind a Roosters forward pack last year and they hosed him so buzz get your shit together....dribble dribble dribble

In saying that yes our side is shit write about how shit we are every fucking day of your miserable life if you like

Last edited:
Reactions: obe

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At least TBAZ will drop him an whoever else for the good of the team. That right there says he is willing to take this team where it needs to be and wants success..!!

Reactions: obe

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The play was on just poor execution (needed to land deep in the in goal, not over the sideline), Sam Walker kicks on 1st tackle and is praised.
I disagree

We don’t get many opportunities per game and yet he’s trying to attempt a kick he’s prob never nailed in FG let alone training paddock to a winger that had little corridor to work with

It’s a low percentage play if I’ve ever seen one

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I disagree

We don’t get many opportunities per game and yet he’s trying to attempt a kick he’s prob never nailed in FG let alone training paddock to a winger that had little corridor to work with

It’s a low percentage play if I’ve ever seen one
I'd rather he go for that (and plays like that) than not take chances the whole game (something Flanagan is also criticised for), yes you need a balance. I believe it was on so at least there's that.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is actually spot on.

I don’t believe any half would shine playing behind our pack and with the lack of strike we have in the backline. Our squads a rabble of fringe first graders.
Barrett has admitted that, and he hasn't the troops to do anything with the crap he's got. Injuries and suspensions haven't helped.