News Bulldogs face ‘big’ call on star recruit — but 86-year low proves problem goes much deeper

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Trent's cookie cutter approach to the team has meant we're seeing another season of fucking garbage, awful job from him. The focus always needed to be on the basics and 1%ers but instead he tried to copy the Panthers and turn Flanagan into Cleary 2.0. We don't have an established, 1, 6, 7 or 9...squad combinations are non existent, etc...yet he thought we could play like the Panthers? LOL. Flanagan has always going to be under pressure(because he's shit and our forward pack sucks) but Baz really went an exposed him even more by making him the focal point of our attack.
That's 100% right. The difference with pay is he had no attack but kept it simple but also the rules allowed for that. Baz tried mirror his style at Penrith with the new rules and our lack of skill doesn't work..maybe in training it looks crisp but it's under 12s shit on game day .

NovaScotiaDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I’d like to see Flanagan play out the year in reggies that would give him the chance to hone his skills without the pressure of NRL. I’m believing, at this stage the year is awash so use it to prepare for the next. I Truely believe there are a number of players that would benefit from a rotation through NRL and reggies. There will definitely be more experienced and better players next year so don’t shatter what little confidence they have left this year. It’s true we have garbage this year but we have basically sent an inexperienced squad to there death if we keep going, I have no doubt of this

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from I just think it’s premature to write him off when he is in a dud side. The rebuild goes on.....
I said it from the start. Trust me Roosters don’t get rid of good players. He’s a lemon.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what does it mean when 3/4 of our props were probably our best 3 players (Atoni, Thompson and Seumanufagai)? Our second rowers don't have enough strike, Elliott was showing something earlier on in the season.
They don’t offload, they aren’t creative at all. Just hit it up. Can’t believe how boring the bulldogs are to watch. It’s the same every set. 5 hit ups and a bomb.