News Bulldogs eye Panther as hunt resumes for Foxx

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t like Cleary senior purely because the way he exited the Tigers, Cleary jnr appears to think his shit doesn’t stink and he’s above everyone (I think his father assists that attitude)
So any players we can steal off them the better I reckon especially Crichton with Ivan crying about the handshake agreement it would be beautiful Karma lol

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t like Cleary senior purely because the way he exited the Tigers, Cleary jnr appears to think his shit doesn’t stink and he’s above everyone (I think his father assists that attitude)
So any players we can steal off them the better I reckon especially Crichton with Ivan crying about the handshake agreement it would be beautiful Karma lol
Yep, I can’t stand them both and the way Panthers supporters I know carried on this year turned me off the panthers even more. I was so happy they lost that grand final

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The thing I’m most impressed with is that since the departure of the 3 board members and the arrival of Tbaz the club is actively recruiting for the years ahead 2022 and beyond. I know we had salary cap issues but that should not have stopped us looking ahead at who was coming off contract and who we should sign 1-2 years out. Players becoming available in 2022 are getting snapped up now in nov 2020. Well done to the club for looking ahead to buy players for 2022 and beyond.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing I’m most impressed with is that since the departure of the 3 board members and the arrival of Tbaz the club is actively recruiting for the years ahead 2022 and beyond. I know we had salary cap issues but that should not have stopped us looking ahead at who was coming off contract and who we should sign 1-2 years out. Players becoming available in 2022 are getting snapped up now in nov 2020. Well done to the club for looking ahead to buy players for 2022 and beyond.
Enthusiasm and the power of positivity is always welcome here on the Kennel, God knows we have had a lot of negativity these past few years, welcome brother :grinning: Our club seems to be building nicely and finally moving in the right direction.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just reading the Panther fourm some of them should be on suicide watch with the chance of losing Burton and leniu they wernt to impressed about the article I posted up and coped some abuse I'm just going to sit back and watch hopefully we get them two then I will stick it to them scum hahaha
Hi Jackson_1994, can you tell us what the Panther forum site is??? I wouldn't mind having a look see.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jackson_1994, can you tell us what the Panther forum site is??? I wouldn't mind having a look see.

Look for Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4
That's where all the melt down is happening hahaha[/SIZE]

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't blame them for living in the shire I drove through Bankstown last week I wouldn't live there either, I admit I didn't see much of it but what I did see was a shithole & i was glad to get outta there :anguished:

I spent a lot of my teen years in Roselands. The whole Canterbury Council area is a shithole imo. I would never ever go anywhere near that area to live ever again.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hi everyone just wanted to come across and say hi since there's a lit of news between our club's recently for obvious reasons. Seems you guys are the current easy target for signing rumours to sell articles. Not sure how closely everyone looks at other teams rosters so a few specifics which might help when all the clickbait from the journos is coming out.

Burton is the big one obviously and you guys are a fair chance to sign him. He'd get a shot at starting half on reasonable money. If he stays there's no chance he pushes Luai out for the 6 and Ivan wants to turn him into a ball playing forward either at lock or second row with a transition through centre the most likely option. Will also get less to stay at Panthers for obvious reasons.

Lenui is very unlikely. Panthers moved on Tamou and Blore to the Tigers and you guys got Hetherington for the purpose of Lenui being our next prop ready to be brought in to the starting 17 with 2020 being a development year of sorts. He is very highly regarded by the club and you'd have to pay pretty decent overs to get him.

Crichton will be signed after origin camp is over. Panthers are prepared to pay whatever is necessary though some of us as fans don't necessarily agree with that. As fans of the sport we've all had players hold our cap to ransom and dogs fans know that pain from recent history.

I am surprised there's been no mention of Naden. He'll be the odd one out IF you don't get Burton and already seems a little unpopular with Ivan having been dropped post Covid break then for the Preliminary/Grand finals. Though maybe no one wants a centre/wing that bad.

Interesting reading through here as if there's animosity between clubs. I guess the sport is very much based on tribalism but outside us as fans having players we want to stay or go I have no issue with Barrett and any players going to the dogs. So far everything has been done with respect and the club itself deserves to make improvements for the fans and members. A strong comp is better for everyone than the typical 2 or 3 good teams every year.

All the best.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hi everyone just wanted to come across and say hi since there's a lit of news between our club's recently for obvious reasons. Seems you guys are the current easy target for signing rumours to sell articles. Not sure how closely everyone looks at other teams rosters so a few specifics which might help when all the clickbait from the journos is coming out.

Burton is the big one obviously and you guys are a fair chance to sign him. He'd get a shot at starting half on reasonable money. If he stays there's no chance he pushes Luai out for the 6 and Ivan wants to turn him into a ball playing forward either at lock or second row with a transition through centre the most likely option. Will also get less to stay at Panthers for obvious reasons.

Lenui is very unlikely. Panthers moved on Tamou and Blore to the Tigers and you guys got Hetherington for the purpose of Lenui being our next prop ready to be brought in to the starting 17 with 2020 being a development year of sorts. He is very highly regarded by the club and you'd have to pay pretty decent overs to get him.

Crichton will be signed after origin camp is over. Panthers are prepared to pay whatever is necessary though some of us as fans don't necessarily agree with that. As fans of the sport we've all had players hold our cap to ransom and dogs fans know that pain from recent history.

I am surprised there's been no mention of Naden. He'll be the odd one out IF you don't get Burton and already seems a little unpopular with Ivan having been dropped post Covid break then for the Preliminary/Grand finals. Though maybe no one wants a centre/wing that bad.

Interesting reading through here as if there's animosity between clubs. I guess the sport is very much based on tribalism but outside us as fans having players we want to stay or go I have no issue with Barrett and any players going to the dogs. So far everything has been done with respect and the club itself deserves to make improvements for the fans and members. A strong comp is better for everyone than the typical 2 or 3 good teams every year.

All the best.
Great first post, thanks for swinging on by and sharing.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

All the best.
Thanks for posting, always interesting to hear the opinions from other supporters.
I hope we can get Burton and Lenui off you guys for 2021 and beyond.
Unfortunately, in the salary cap era a by-product of success is difficulty keeping a squad together. Hopefully Barrett's existing relationships with the Penrith players will see the two previously mentioned in a Bulldogs jersey.
Crichton is an interesting case as we have his brother here, plus the new manager will be looking to cash in.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, always interesting to hear the opinions from other supporters.
I hope we can get Burton and Lenui off you guys for 2021 and beyond.
Unfortunately, in the salary cap era a by-product of success is difficulty keeping a squad together. Hopefully Barrett's existing relationships with the Penrith players will see the two previously mentioned in a Bulldogs jersey.
Crichton is an interesting case as we have his brother here, plus the new manager will be looking to cash in.
To make it another level of interesting, Crichton's new manager is also Mansour's manager. Mansour who just got told he wasn't starting next year in favour of Staines.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To make it another level of interesting, Crichton's new manager is also Mansour's manager. Mansour who just got told he wasn't starting next year in favour of Staines.
Did Crichton come thru the grades as a fullback? If so, why haven't the Panthers looked to move Edwards along and move Crichton to fullback?
Mansour would have to be the most experienced player on your left edge, might be a bigger loss than anticipated if Staines is brought in at this stage to replace him.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did Crichton come thru the grades as a fullback? If so, why haven't the Panthers looked to move Edwards along and move Crichton to fullback?
Mansour would have to be the most experienced player on your left edge, might be a bigger loss than anticipated if Staines is brought in at this stage to replace him.
Yeah Crichton can play fullback though we've had Staines/Laurie who are out and out speedster/ball playing Fullbacks. I'm not a fan of the comparisons made usually but it's a like like Latrell Mitchell in he is physically elite and can play anywhere in the backline. A lot of us fans suspect Edwards time is limited. Either Crichton, Luarie or Staines will take that spot on pure talent alone. Their ceiling is much higher than his. If dogs need a fullback might be worth making a Ponga style offer to Crichton but it's high risk Vs possible High reward.

Yeah Mansour is an interesting one. I think they are backing Staines speed and skill since it's just on the wing. Staines is a fullback by trade so is faster, can contest kicks and has a pass.