News Bulldogs eye huge DWZ-Leilua swap

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Thompson since he’s been here our clubs been at the bottom and he deserves to win. 2022 can’t come sooner enough.. if there’s one thing I want out of 2021 is for the panthers to fail in the grand final again
Yeah this is more likely than Baz trying to shop him around, i.e. Thompson is getting tired of losing and has asked his manager to ask some questions... Do not believe that Baz would be trying to move him on. finding another Thompson to partner him should be the plan.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah this is more likely than Baz trying to shop him around, i.e. Thompson is getting tired of losing and has asked his manager to ask some questions... Do not believe that Baz would be trying to move him on. finding another Thompson to partner him should be the plan.
Thompson has been the Dogs best forward by far and would get a spot in the 17 at any any club BUT he still has issues moving laterally when defending and his handling at times is poor. I think he would go to another level with better quality around him

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thompson would benefit greatly if we had an offloading battering ram type in our pack..If we can’t get Tevita Pangai or Marty Tapau then the next best thing is probably BJ. I think this ties this thread up nicely.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thompson has been the Dogs best forward by far and would get a spot in the 17 at any any club BUT he still has issues moving laterally when defending and his handling at times is poor. I think he would go to another level with better quality around him
He has 5 try causes and 6 line break causes, that's pretty much either side of average for middle forwards. Elliott and Katoa are pumping out numbers more than twice as bad, Elliott is the worst forward in the game (LOL, how does Baz keep starting him??) with 11 try causes and 13 line break causes, Katoa with 8 try causes and 7 line break causes.

Elliott and Katoa are dog shit bad, but the big issue is probably our inability to work effectively as a unit. We're so passive and it gives the opposition so much time and space. Furner is doing an absolutely shocking job

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who here remembers when we signed the great Nick Youngquest from the Tigpies? That was even stupider than them signing Mbye off us!
Who here remembers when we signed Blake Green last year and we released him without playing a game? lol

New thread....Who here remembers?.....( fill in the blank) lol

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Wtf did I just read?

Jmk is putrid.

Have we just accepted trash these days?

The bloke wouldn’t get a run in any other team… it’s lichaa all over again. We just better not extend the ****.

Get rid of these Fucking frauds.
Alright Peter Mulholland tell us who you’ve got covering hooker for us next season considering B.Smith isn’t coming.

You need probably 4 who can competently cover the position in your top 30. Topine is on the books already and I’d be retaining JMK as an option also. Not retaining Katoa or Dietz.

Name me the 3 you’re recruiting and make it realistic please.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Wtf did I just read?

Jmk is putrid.

Have we just accepted trash these days?

The bloke wouldn’t get a run in any other team… it’s lichaa all over again. We just better not extend the ****.

Get rid of these Fucking frauds.
You were saying..?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You were saying..?
Like dufty. One good game in how many years filled with bog average? Lichaa did that too.

Can’t see him being a starting 9 anywhere and sure as shit don’t want another lichaa scenario we cop it for more time.

Stoked he played well. So did a bunch of blokes including Elliott…

Dragons where woeful as well. Thank fuck and i hope we all play like that for the end of the year. Unfortunately the last 5 years say different. Let’s hope it’s finally changing before the roster overhaul.

Was very happy with doorey today too.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I tried!!
Yeah I know :grinning:
Been there done that myself. The youngsters dont want to follow a loser club. I have one niece who has carried on the family tradition and one nephew ...all the rest other teams or gone to soccer and/or video games :grinning:

Things starting to look up for us tho.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I know :grinning:
Been there done that myself. The youngsters dont want to follow a loser club. I have one niece who has carried on the family tradition and one nephew ...all the rest other teams or gone to soccer and/or video games :grinning:

Things starting to look up for us tho.
there would be sumpin wrong with them if they are in qld as i believe u r and start following the dogs, a lebanese team in sydney that has come dead last for 5 years.
just doesnt make sense.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
there would be sumpin wrong with them if they are in qld as i believe u r and start following the dogs, a lebanese team in sydney that has come dead last for 5 years.
just doesnt make sense.
Cheeky bugger! :grinning:

I was born at a private hospital, Redman Parade Belmore.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
but isnt u in QLD? Meaning kids around u in qld?
Nasheed one can move away and relocate but family stay in your home town.

Kinda like what happened when your mum and dad moved via Lebanon to Australia :grinning: and you have lots of aunties and cousins back there :grinning:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed one can move away and relocate but family stay in your home town.

Kinda like what happened when your mum and dad moved via Lebanon to Australia :grinning: and you have lots of aunties and cousins back there :grinning:
actually i dont because my parents werent from lebanon like me they were just passing through, hence why at allmy family gatherings they get the shits when i recite arabic prayers and play songs in arabic and wear the lebanon WC jersey to events.
They are all refugees too because theres a few scams u can do to get in here ;)

If the kids you refer too be in sydney then fo sho yes get them dogged up, but if they are kids in qld currently, that only know QLD, grew up watxhing slater, smith, folau, chambers etc then they cant identify with the dogs.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thompson would benefit greatly if we had an offloading battering ram type in our pack..If we can’t get Tevita Pangai or Marty Tapau then the next best thing is probably BJ. I think this ties this thread up nicely.
Biggest thing for me is that Thompson isn't your typical 1st or 2nd hit up forward in your own red zone... You'd see him at StHelens and he would take runs late in the set. As you said we need another enforcer to take the load off, so that early in the set he doesn't have to burn himself out. Also I'd like to see us use him a little wider when inside opp 20m