Opinion Bulldogs Dodge Bullet With Brandon Smith

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thankfully there are still some voices of reason on here! I have lol'd quite a bit at how many have turned.
NON ISSUE if he signed with us all these blokes bagging are instead trolling Storm's forum and laughing in their faces(like they are currently pissing all over Parra re Mahoney)

Ohh except for Utility "Chong" Whole, Bahaha and Namaste you rampant pothead, you stick solid I will give you that :tearsofjoy:
Well for a change we are sitting outside the controversy. Have our Top 5 hooker and can just sit back with our popcorn and enjoy the uncomfortable show befalling some other clubs for a change. Rorters and Storm how good is that.

Asap this blows over it will be back to Bulldogs Bashing. Let's enjoy this while it lasts lol

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How's this for a multi (maybe dreaming) - 100-1?

1. Cheese to Rorters 2022
2. Verillis to Parra 2022
3. Mahoney to dogs 2022
4. Cotric to Parra 2022 (or Cotric to Canberra and their winger to Parra)

*no/minimal freight for Cotric as this multi allows them to get Verillis if he gets the release from Rorters and not pay for him and Mahoney in 22)
I think Cotric to Raiders, Hodgson to Tigers, Liddle to Eels, Mahoney to us is more feasible at the moment. Storm have just come out and said he will leave at the end of 2022. They wouldn't release that statement if there was even a 20% chance on him leaving.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think Cotric to Raiders, Hodgson to Tigers, Liddle to Eels, Mahoney to us is more feasible at the moment. Storm have just come out and said he will leave at the end of 2022. They wouldn't release that statement if there was even a 20% chance on him leaving.
With what they said their standards were with the Fox situation....that scenario that was honoured by Fox....no way Bellamy will fold for Cheese.
PS But you never know lol

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
With what they said their standards were with the Fox situation....that scenario that was honoured by Fox....no way Bellamy will fold for Cheese.
Hoping to see him playing most of his minutes at lock, Fam. Surely he won't see much game time at 9 after the way he has treated his club. Namaste

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe deep down he knows he's not that good and going to the Dolphins would only show everyone that he actually isn't that good, hence going to the Chooks is a safe option for him as he has a ~$13m sombrero to make up for his deficiencies.

Always a Bulldog
Kyle Flanagan v2.0 in other words…

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheese is acting like a bloke who's had too many nights on the piss in a row and the judgement's getting way blurred. With all the emotion of Aubusson crying about Easts and Politis being all eager on the phone, on top of the grog, his ego's exploded. I like him myself, he's a bit of a larrikin and I hope he learns from it, but I'm happy we have a great hooker coming and we're not linked to B Smith right now.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh, come on, Fam? You think Politis really cares about the welfare of his players - past and present? I'm sure he is still calling Flanagan and Napa for regular welfare checks. I think he cares about players for as long as they are useful and represent value for money

Smith's behaviour has been embarrassing and unprofessional, Fam. I would have thought you were the type who would admit when you were wrong. Namaste.
I'm sure the syrup was poured on but I don't think it's absurd to think an employer has figured out that it's condusive to employee happiness to reward loyal, hard working employees.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hoping to see him playing most of his minutes at lock, Fam. Surely he won't see much game time at 9 after the way he has treated his club. Namaste
Whats the difference where Bellyache plays him fam?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Cheese is acting like a bloke who's had too many nights on the piss in a row and the judgement's getting way blurred. With all the emotion of Aubusson crying about Easts and Politis being all eager on the phone, on top of the grog, his ego's exploded. I like him myself, he's a bit of a larrikin and I hope he learns from it, but I'm happy we have a great hooker coming and we're not linked to B Smith right now.
Summed up well :grinning:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm sure the syrup was poured on but I don't think it's absurd to think an employer has figured out that it's condusive to employee happiness to reward loyal, hard working employees.
The way he rewarded Sam Perrett? Or even Mitchell Pearce (as much as I don't like the guy). Everybody is expendable in Uncle Nick's organisation. Including the Cheezel.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Whats the difference where Bellyache plays him fam?
The more he plays there. the better his prep will be for 2023 and the more it plays into the Roosters' hands, Fam. Bellamy has a better number 9 there and doesn't need to try to appease Cheezel any more. Cheezel shouldn't spend any time at 9 next year unless Grant is injured or on origin duty. Namaste.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The more he plays there. the better his prep will be for 2023 and the more it plays into the Roosters' hands, Fam. Bellamy has a better number 9 there and doesn't need to try to appease Cheezel any more. Cheezel shouldn't spend any time at 9 next year unless Grant is injured or on origin duty. Namaste.
So with origin about half the year Grant will miss about ten games + play 3 origins. Lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’m so glad that we landed our junior reed mahoney over Brandon smith.
The way Brandon has carried himself during negotiations has been appalling to say the least.
Our club has been through the mud with off field incidents we don’t need any more rubbish from players damaging the hard work of the new board.
Go Dogs from spooners to premiers .
What we need is Mahoney to say he can't wait to win a premiership in our jersey so eels release him early. Worked for Smith

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Bellamy has a mean streak, he'll probably play Grant at hooker and BSmith at lock, then demand that he do Finucane's workload for 80 minutes every game.

Bellamy is not prone to namaskars.

Always a Bulldog

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So with origin about half the year Grant will miss about ten games + play 3 origins. Lol
SBW was injury prone in his first few seasons, Fam. I think Grant will be fine....and will develop into twice the player the Cheezel will ever be. Namaste

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bellamy has a mean streak, he'll probably play Grant at hooker and BSmith at lock, then demand that he do Finucane's workload for 80 minutes every game.

Bellamy is not prone to namaskars.

Always a Bulldog
Exactly. That's what I'm hoping, Fam. Work his arse off and make him wish he'd never mouthed off like he did. Namaste.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The way he rewarded Sam Perrett? Or even Mitchell Pearce (as much as I don't like the guy). Everybody is expendable in Uncle Nick's organisation. Including the Cheezel.
Of course, it's a professional sport - Pearce had a bunch of off the field issues and wasn't changing his behaviour, the Roosters wanted Perrett to see out his contract - they just told him they weren't going to re-sign him. I guarantee they both had opportunities for further education and networking through the Roosters though - that was the sales pitch.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That's not like you fam. That sounds kinda like nasty payback.
Peace and love and all that.