Opinion Bulldogs Dodge Bullet With Brandon Smith

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how Smith carried himself poorly during the negotiations?
Smiling, making jokes , making it publicly known he speaking to every club, it’s disrespectful and as a business owner I’d want him gone from my club if he was doing that. And to say what he did about the roosters to a team that’s a enemy to the storm
It’s just not cool. I can see right through him he has to big oh an ego, had the beau Ryan effect.. once funny how jsut tried to hard

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol check cheese's instagram for his statement on all this.

Funny how he signs with YKTR for his media responsibilities and literally less then a week they put out a podcast that throws him under the bus lol if this doesn't confirm that YKTR have zero clue what they are doing then I will never wank in front of a mirror again
He got paid so he doesn't care.. hopefully his fines larger than what they're giving him :tearsofjoy:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very poor and he’s either a fucking moron or very naive especially about being on the golf course with JWH, Friend and Aubusson and Politis just happened to call to ask how they were even though he was on an important business trip which showed Brandon that Nick cares so much about Roosters players past and present LOL.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Very poor and he’s either a fucking moron or very naive especially about being on the golf course with JWH, Friend and Aubusson and Politis just happened to call to ask how they were even though he was on an important business trip which showed Brandon that Nick cares so much about Roosters players past and present LOL.
What part specifically did you find moronic or naive?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If you had a brown paper bag with 40k in it hiding in the rough on the 10th green...you'd be ringing up from OS checkin' if they found it as well lol

Last edited:

Holbi49

Waterboy
Reaction score
He's looking for a early release so he can get into uncle Nick's trough sooner. I never trust a league player who says he's taking less money so he can win a premiership, especially when he already has.
Also I never trust a journalist who actually says he believes this crap. Have you ever wondered why the Roosters continually get good (or not so bad) press, it's because they are in on the graft as well and I'm not talking Christmas bonuses.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol get fucked.

This is just old media v new media and players handling their own narrative.

Good on him for actually speaking like a human and himself.

I’m glad we signed Mahoney but I would have been stoked with Cheese aswell.
Thankfully there are still some voices of reason on here! I have lol'd quite a bit at how many have turned.
NON ISSUE if he signed with us all these blokes bagging are instead trolling Storm's forum and laughing in their faces(like they are currently pissing all over Parra re Mahoney)

Ohh except for Utility "Chong" Whole, Bahaha and Namaste you rampant pothead, you stick solid I will give you that :tearsofjoy:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Baz did meet with him, I am sure of that. We were the first team that showed real interest but I think his manager has created a circus around increasing his $$$$ and I have no doubt that Gus pulled the plug immediately. We have made the better choice.
Didn't he drop in on a lunch in Melbourne with Barrett and JAC?

Always a Bulldog

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What got me offside was in those early days where he was making jokes and small suggestions about the Dogs. He did it on camera, in social media and with Jac. Giving a desperate bunch of fans a little hope that he may come to us. Especially at an early time when we had only signed Jac and Burton and everything had seemed to stall a little. A bygone era and an older fan from the days when players cared for more then just $$$. I know, these new mercenaries don't give a shite what colour jersey they have on, but it's still not cool. Yep nothing huge but for a fanbase that was hurting bad the hindsight of his jokes, arrogance and demeanor of "I don't give a fuk" has rubbed me all wrong. Once again nothing huge but as time progressed and he dragged it all out only to go to the whore Roosters to me shows all along what type of bloke he is. He lost me long before the rorters though. As a thing I hate arrogant people as a base line so I was always going to struggle with him. Say what you will but I prefer the players who make up there minds without the fuss and make it in a mature way, whether the players like it, care or not the fans emotions are linked to the decisions they make both on and off the field. Now I couldn't care at all about the kid and IMO he picked the club best suited to him!
Wonderfully said mate! I get it

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What part specifically did you find moronic or naive?
Oh, come on, Fam? You think Politis really cares about the welfare of his players - past and present? I'm sure he is still calling Flanagan and Napa for regular welfare checks. I think he cares about players for as long as they are useful and represent value for money
Thankfully there are still some voices of reason on here! I have lol'd quite a bit at how many have turned.
NON ISSUE if he signed with us all these blokes bagging are instead trolling Storm's forum and laughing in their faces(like they are currently pissing all over Parra re Mahoney)

Ohh except for Utility "Chong" Whole, Bahaha and Namaste you rampant pothead, you stick solid I will give you that :tearsofjoy:
Smith's behaviour has been embarrassing and unprofessional, Fam. I would have thought you were the type who would admit when you were wrong. Namaste.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How's this for a multi (maybe dreaming) - 100-1?

1. Cheese to Rorters 2022
2. Verillis to Parra 2022
3. Mahoney to dogs 2022
4. Cotric to Parra 2022 (or Cotric to Canberra and their winger to Parra)

*no/minimal freight for Cotric as this multi allows them to get Verillis if he gets the release from Rorters and not pay for him and Mahoney in 22)

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i am sure he will settle down once he hits the Eastern suburbs party strip, with every wanker wanting to do lines with him
it writes itself