Opinion Bulldogs Dodge Bullet With Brandon Smith

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m so glad that we landed our junior reed mahoney over Brandon smith.
The way Brandon has carried himself during negotiations has been appalling to say the least.
Our club has been through the mud with off field incidents we don’t need any more rubbish from players damaging the hard work of the new board.
Go Dogs from spooners to premiers .

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how Smith carried himself poorly during the negotiations?
Well he spoke to the media and said some stupid things about the rumors to try and water them down - and I recall him mentioning our clubs name and the Tigers - I think the Gold Coast was another thing. Then the whole cocaine thing just added to it. He's rubbish, someone we do not need.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
He has done nothing wrong. Woopy he said he wants to win a title with the roosters. The Storm are just salty. Weve got woman bashers playing the game. Those are the players we dont need. Im happy we got Mahoney but the Cheese would also have sufficed

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol get fucked.

This is just old media v new media and players handling their own narrative.

Good on him for actually speaking like a human and himself.

I’m glad we signed Mahoney but I would have been stoked with Cheese aswell.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's not just the way he has handled himself, Fam (which has definitely been a bad look). He's just not that good. Service is sloppy, can't play 80, ssat out a game this year due to being "frustrated"....ie, a bit of a primadonna. He is a case of Bellamy making an average player look like a superstar, if ever I've seen one. We signed a much better player (and clubman, no doubt) for less money. Chooks bought a lemon. Lol. Namaste.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he acted exactly the way a lot of us admired (boofhead larrikin) until it was obvious he wasnt coming to Belmore. He is a super player and would have been awesome with the pack we have assembled but its not to be. If I am totally honest I am just salty that its the fucking rorters (anyone but them) because as usual there is no heat on them or their salary cap.

In fact on SEN this morning they were raving about the high standards and culture of the Roosters, and that Nick and Trent would be horrified by the apalling language by Smith... What a crock of shit.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course players need to secure the best deal possible, however plenty of supporters, particularly kids, idolise these guys and imo Smith has show Storm fans no respect.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Possibly just me (or the minority), but I think the bloke is hugely overrated. I don't see much polish or individual brilliance in his game, but rather a player made to look better by those alongside him.

Would love to see how he goes at somewhere like Cowboys or Tigers, rather than a billion dollar team of star players.

Off field he comes across as a bit of a wanker, under the guise of "look everyone I'm a hilarious joker".

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think he acted exactly the way a lot of us admired (boofhead larrikin) until it was obvious he wasnt coming to Belmore. He is a super player and would have been awesome with the pack we have assembled but its not to be. If I am totally honest I am just salty that its the fucking rorters (anyone but them) because as usual there is no heat on them or their salary cap.

In fact on SEN this morning they were raving about the high standards and culture of the Roosters, and that Nick and Trent would be horrified by the apalling language by Smith... What a crock of shit.
For those who think the roosters are a high culture club, I have two words - Squid Game. I agree with you about the roosters "high culture" being a crock.....but Smith is overrated and has a bad attitude, Fam. We signed a much better talent for less money. We definitely got the better of the roosters in this particular deal. We are building something special here. It isd a good thing the Cheese will not be part of it. And you can't say it's sour grapes with me, because I have been saying Australia Post would be a rubbish signing since long before tk lost hope. Namaste

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Possibly just me (or the minority), but I think the bloke is hugely overrated. I don't see much polish or individual brilliance in his game, but rather a player made to look better by those alongside him.

Would love to see how he goes at somewhere like Cowboys or Tigers, rather than a billion dollar team of star players.
Maybe deep down he knows he's not that good and going to the Dolphins would only show everyone that he actually isn't that good, hence going to the Chooks is a safe option for him as he has a ~$13m sombrero to make up for his deficiencies.

Always a Bulldog

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not just the way he has handled himself, Fam (which has definitely been a bad look). He's just not that good. Service is sloppy, can't play 80, ssat out a game this year due to being "frustrated"....ie, a bit of a primadonna. He is a case of Bellamy making an average player look like a superstar, if ever I've seen one. We signed a much better player (and clubman, no doubt) for less money. Chooks bought a lemon. Lol. Namaste.
I wish you could see how useless Adam Elliott is too fams

Namaste

Kefe

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has done nothing wrong. Woopy he said he wants to win a title with the roosters. The Storm are just salty. Weve got woman bashers playing the game. Those are the players we dont need. Im happy we got Mahoney but the Cheese would also have sufficed
Yeah. While that's true, it still isn't cool that he's talking about the Roosters in such a way even before informing his club which made him that he'll be leaving them.

Idk. Can you remember other transfers being done so openly? Of course, every player visits all the potential clubs talking to all the potential people etc. Understand that.

But, I can't ever remember anyone saying things like 2 clubs have come in for me in the last couple of days with some offers, and then stating which two clubs. And also stating exactly which other clubs.

Then, out of all the clubs he's visited to talk only about the Roosters in such a way?

Just comes across as disrespectful to all those other clubs tbh.

So happy we gotout of the race when we did.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I wish you could see how useless Adam Elliott is too fams

Namaste

Kefe
Adam Elliott is a loyal and dedicated clubman who spoke glowingly of the club that just cut him loose and is set to realise his undeniable potential now he is finally at a well coached club, Fam. There can be no comparison between The King and Australia Post. Namaste