Bulldogs DNA

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All this talk about bulldogs DNA. Former players commenting about the state of the club. How do we get it back and what is the right combination of available coaching staff? I feel we tried this mantra with Dean Pay and it failed. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see it but can't see it happening.

Head coach
? Can't see any former player or staff that would fill this position.

I think we need a hard nosed no nonsense coach that is respected, it's the style we've always been successful under. Don't think Barrett had that staunch about him and it showed.

Flanagan is probably the best available with credentials that suit where we are now. He's rebuilt and won a comp, could probably attract some recruits.

Assistants
James Graham
Mick Ennis
Brent Sherwin
Andrew Ryan
Jim Dymock
Kimmorely

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Head Coach: Shane Flanno Snr (and he will have a point to prove with his return).
Assistants: David Tangata-Toa, maybe Jason Ryles?

From memory: Ryan is doing something else these days, Kimmorley and Ennis are signed to Fox, Dymock is with another club, Sherwin was working with the halves.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don't know if Dogs DNA is achievable in this cleaned up game of today. Not saying we were dirty, just that the toughness and hurt in the tackles we use to do would all be penalties in this soft game now. Maybe a modern version is possible but Dogs of war is gone I think. Opposition players always use to say that you knew when you played the Bulldogs, you were sore after the game.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have total faith in Gould.

Today's events have reassured me.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Head Coach: Shane Flanno Snr (and he will have a point to prove with his return).
Assistants: David Tangata-Toa, maybe Jason Ryles?

From memory: Ryan is doing something else these days, Kimmorley and Ennis are signed to Fox, Dymock is with another club, Sherwin was working with the halves.
Head Coach: Shane Flanagan
Assistants: DTT, Jim Dymock

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to stop looking to the past. Bulldogs DNA, dogs of war, bullfrog are all things of the past. It doesn’t mean we forget about them. People don’t talk about Panthers DNA, Manly DNA it just seems it’s talked about with us.

Create a decent team, get them playing well and create a new legacy and look to the future.