News Bulldogs Dilemma: Which NSW gun to target?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Have yous seen Jac play Fb? Why are yous so quick to write him off before hes even played there? Could end up being a gun.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was listening to SEN Joel and fletch yesterday and fletch said he spoke to a bulldogs player and told him that JAC has all but signed with us

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
getting both would give me a major Chubby!
Realistically I'd be happy with either and a decent hooker TBH

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Have yous seen Jac play Fb? Why are yous so quick to write him off before hes even played there? Could end up being a gun.
What makes you think be would be any good? Storm have been through multiple fullbacks since Slater retired and not once did Bellamy give JAC a run. He's an out and out pace whore, the best, but still a pace whore.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What makes you think be would be any good? Storm have been through multiple fullbacks since Slater retired and not once did Bellamy give JAC a run. He's an out and out pace whore, the best, but still a pace whore.
He has the attributes to make a good Fb. No one will know exactly until he gets a crack there. Hes played there before in juniors, seen him play during the Knock out aswell.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its a roll of the dice if he is successful at fullback but the issue is he wants to be paid like he has already proven himself there.

If he is a gun at fullback then happy days but if he's not you have a huge chunk of cap spent on a winger.

There has been a few exceptions but most wingers that try to play fullback make better wingers.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Its a roll of the dice if he is successful at fullback but the issue is he wants to be paid like he has already proven himself there.

If he is a gun at fullback then happy days but if he's not you have a huge chunk of cap spent on a winger.

There has been a few exceptions but most wingers that try to play fullback make better wingers.
you are correct there, but he is the worlds best winger if he fails at fullback. Worth the risk

dinga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is a fair point. Someone suggested in an earlier post about JAC being fullback and Averillo on the the wing. Given that the top fullbacks are playing like an extra half as well these days, who would be more suited to that role, Josh (if he signs) or Jake? Personally, I think Jake.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
you are correct there, but he is the worlds best winger if he fails at fullback. Worth the risk
The worst case scenario is we are stuck with the best winger which isn't the worst thing in the world.

I see buying the worlds best winger as something that puts you over the top when you already have the rest of the squad in place.

A hooker, strike second rower and centre are positions we need to strengthen over wing IMO. If we can do that and still have money in the cap for JAC then great but I'd hate to miss out or lose someone because we are paying him huge money.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC is not a fullback. End of story
Avo should be our long term no.1, give him time there and he’ll own that position.
Our future for the next 5-10 years in the spine should be 7.Flanagan 6.Burton and 1.Averillo...we just need to land a great hooker.
It's going to be hard to sign a good no 9, an average one wont win us a comp. What I would like to see is Topane developed as at 9, if half the reports about him are true, including the fact that he tough but not all that big, I'd bet he would make a great No.9.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He has the attributes to make a good Fb. No one will know exactly until he gets a crack there. Hes played there before in juniors, seen him play during the Knock out aswell.
So he played fullback against a bunch of nobodies? Lol.

What attributes? His pace, elusiveness and finishing?...yh that's great, but just that alone is more suited on the wing. If it was that simply then Brett Morris would've made a career @ fullback long ago.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's going to be hard to sign a good no 9, an average one wont win us a comp. What I would like to see is Topane developed as at 9, if half the reports about him are true, including the fact that he tough but not all that big, I'd bet he would make a great No.9.
It's very difficult and almost impossible to manufacture a dummy half these days just look at JMK. Topine isn't big but he's not that small he is around the same size as Cameron Murray.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's very difficult and almost impossible to manufacture a dummy half these days just look at JMK. Topine isn't big but he's not that small he is around the same size as Cameron Murray.
a halfback can easily make the transition to hooker as long they can handle the extra defence.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The style of fullback we need should complement the other players in the spine.
JAC might work at fullback if we have a running hooker like Koroisau / Cook, but if we had a more defensively oriented hooker like McInness then you'd need a creative type fullback.
One spine signing should dictate the other, if we sign JAC on fullback money it's a huge risk and we'd then also need to go and buy a creative hooker which won't come cheap.