Bulldogs Covid Cases

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
different variants impact people in different ways, some people vaxxed or not are A-Symptomatic and likely wouldn’t know they even had it.

why can’t we just respect the individual, those who chose to be vaxxed and unvaxxed. Good luck to both, your personal choice. You will find that unvaxxed people like to have a dig at those who chose to get vaxxed - of course they will retaliate - note to all, swim in our own lanes in that regard, It’s almost becoming like religion, whose “god” or “faith” is the right one - newsflash, we are all from the same creator whoever that may be and we bleed the same… we should be a family on the Kennel - focus on willing the Dogs back to its glory days! Upward and onwards!!
I agree with you and respect everyones decisions at the end of the day. I do get frustrated when alot people say all unvaccinated people are nut cases etc. At the end of the day its a choice. But back to the bulldogs we need a miracle.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a shitfight this thread has become. Three years in and we're still having the same debates. Whichever side of the argument, isn't everyone over talking about Covid? No one on either side will change their minds. Just agree to disagree and leave it at that.
100%. The thread was about Bulldogs covid cases and with it I guess the broader impacts on the NRL. Everyone has an agenda re covid but it's not what the thread was about.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly have no issue if people don't want to get vaccinated. I only have issue when people spread false information like, "the vaccine doesn't work". That encourages others to not get vaccinated which results in more deaths.

If someone doesn't want to get vaccinated then that's fine. If they catch it and have no issues, then cool. If they get sick then that's unfortunate. If they die then that's sad. But it's their choice. As long as they're not trying to convince others to do the same.
The problem is MANDATES! Do I need to spell it out

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem is MANDATES! Do I need to spell it out
Depends on the mandate. If it's a mandate for health care workers or aged care workers then that makes sense. But at this stage vaccine mandates are a little pointless for most of the population.

Mask mandates on the other hand make sense because they can reduce transmission and such.

All that aside, being against mandates is no excuse for spreading false information.

dog house

Waterboy
Reaction score
Depends on the mandate. If it's a mandate for health care workers or aged care workers then that makes sense. But at this stage vaccine mandates are a little pointless for most of the population.

Mask mandates on the other hand make sense because they can reduce transmission and such.

All that aside, being against mandates is no excuse for spreading false information.
False information, according to who?

Who has the final say on truth?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont want to call you on your maths bro and I hate getting involved in these covid disputes but if 85% of the population is vaccinated and half in hospital is not vaccinated that is a very high percentage of unvaccinated.
Im not even interested in debating this. I just get the shits when vaccinated people act as though unvaccinated people are like lower class citizens who shod permane tly isolate to save the rest of the world. Does my f7cking head in.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Despite their well noted failings on this site if Jackson and Marshall King don’t play we will get flogged by 30+. Thats about 80 tackles the other forwards are going to need to make without missing many. Other than Topine i can’t see any of our fringe forwards having the work rate to go close to that. If this happens I’ll be all over the Broncos -10 being offered.
Not hard for teams to beat us by that many points when bulldogs struggle to score more than 3 tries a game

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly have no issue if people don't want to get vaccinated. I only have issue when people spread false information like, "the vaccine doesn't work". That encourages others to not get vaccinated which results in more deaths.

If someone doesn't want to get vaccinated then that's fine. If they catch it and have no issues, then cool. If they get sick then that's unfortunate. If they die then that's sad. But it's their choice. As long as they're not trying to convince others to do the same.
Amen to that brother

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Like fauci whos a proven liar?
Don't start with that rubbish. We all know how it goes. You claim that Fauci is the hero of the vaccinated, we all disagree and say that he's just another Doctor, you claim that he lied about stuff because Rand Paul told you so, we point out that Rand Paul is full of shit and has no evidence.

In the end it goes round in circles and only results in it being a distraction from the real issues here.

And we already have one nutjob spamming Bill Gates Covid conspiracy theories in every thread. We don't need more of that crap.

Let's focus on what really matters. The Bulldogs actually winning a game.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Take the COVID / Vaccination arguments to the lounge in one of the threads already dedicated to it. I stay out of there so I don’t have to read that shit so please don’t bring it here

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im not even interested in debating this. I just get the shits when vaccinated people act as though unvaccinated people are like lower class citizens who shod permane tly isolate to save the rest of the world. Does my f7cking head in.
I agree bro. People can choose to do what they want and I don't believe in any mandates. Its just a fact that there are way more unvaccinated people in hospital

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im following the science... get vaxxed to go back to "normal", cause you know, this is normal
Science is not always the way. The 7 astronauts that were on the Challenger space shuttle also followed the science, and sadly we all know how that ended. I say each to their own!

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wonder how many more will test positive tomorrow, you’d think it will spread to more then the 4 players.
Wonder how many more will test positive tomorrow, you’d think it will spread to more then the 4 players.
here’s a post from Steve M in 2018, reminiscing about the Dogs last ‘viral outbreak’ and how it completely derailed our premiership defence in 1981.
(not sure about leading every game at half-time…that might have been 1982? We had a great knack for throwing games away from winning positions that year…)
It might not have been a pandemic, but anyone who has had glandular fever will tell you that it knocks the crap out of you for months.
‘It all started with a pre-season bonding session in a hot tub…

of course in 2022, we’re merely defending the wooden spoon and we don’t need anything in particular to further derail our season…just continue business as usual!

I say ‘bring back the hot tub’!!!!

I vividly remember the 1981 season. Coming off an unbelievable 1980 premiership win, the Dogs only signed 1 Player, Neil Baker from Newcastle. He was Les Johns’ nephew. None of the 1980 premiership winning squad was lost but that team never played together again. Dr George was hampered by a knee injury and played only 5 games but the real issue was a glandular fever outbreak that completely crippled the team. Anderson missed 12 games, Garry Hughes missed 11 games, Mark Hughes 10 games, Robbo and Brentnall missed 8 games. The cause was put down to communal baths. But despite that, unbelievably the Bulldogs lead every game that year at half time and scored the same number of tries as their premiership winning year. It was very disappointing that we were so close but it was the start of a rebuild phase that culminated in the Warren Ryan era and our next phase of success.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It works mate. Just doesn’t make you immune
A vaccine doesn’t make you immune??? I think you better check the actual meaning of vaccine mate

vaccine

/ˈvaksiːn,ˈvaksɪn/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
    "every year the flu vaccine is modified to deal with new strains of the virus"

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realise Lamb didn't train and rode the bike to take pressure off his knees for the last 8 years of his career.
Bah’s version of the story is that he was feeling a bit off and decided to stand down and Rest from playing thpat weekend. Instead of the expected rest, Billy made Bah cycle with him. After the experience Bah decided Never miss another game.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
False information, according to who?

Who has the final say on truth?
Science is not always the way. The 7 astronauts that were on the Challenger space shuttle also followed the science, and sadly we all know how that ended. I say each to their own!
That is a pathetic put down of science, and contemptible in the manner it was used.