Bulldogs Covid Cases

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Going to have to assume we will have more players test positive tomorrow and Friday. Going to be really interesting test case for the NRL could have 8 to 10 players out or more. The fact that it is us though means they might be happy for us to forfeit, if it was the roosters though….
Split the points I say.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If you were told that the polio vaccine is there to stop you catching it and you still caught it, then sure. But if you were told the polio vaccine is there to stop you dying from polio and you didn't die from polio then it's probably working.
I know a lot of unvaccinated people who have COVID and recovered faster than people who had 3 shots. I don’t know any unvaccinated people who have died or been to ICU but what do i know. Maybe the vaccine hasn’t been as good as everyone hoped.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If you asked a medical professional, they'd probably say something like polio and coronaviruses are very different things. It's not rocket science.
The medical profession also said it would help stop transmission which has not been the case. In Israel after the 4th jab Covid cases went through the roof. I know a lot of unvaccinated people who have recovered faster than vaccinated people. I know a lot of unvaccinated who have yet to catch Covid. I’m just saying it’s very possible the medical profession didn’t get it completely right.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never heard from credible medical or scientific people that it would affect transmission at all. But those professions, like all others, have their looney lefts and looney rights saying all sorts of stuff for 15 seconds of fame.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know a lot of unvaccinated people who have COVID and recovered faster than people who had 3 shots. I don’t know any unvaccinated people who have died or been to ICU but what do i know. Maybe the vaccine hasn’t been as good as everyone hoped.
Definitely not as good as everyone hoped. Everyone hoped it would wipe Covid out. But unfortunately that's not how it works.

The research is solid though and shows that it clearly has provided much benefit. But people will always have their anecdotal stories.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely not as good as everyone hoped. Everyone hoped it would wipe Covid out. But unfortunately that's not how it works.

The research is solid though and shows that it clearly has provided much benefit. But people will always have their anecdotal stories.
i gotta agree with you on some points. It was unfortunately never going to wipe it out.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've never heard from credible medical or scientific people that it would affect transmission at all. But those professions, like all others, have their looney lefts and looney rights saying all sorts of stuff for 15 seconds of fame.
The original hope was that it would slow transmission, and it does. But it slows it a lot less than they hope. But you're right that no one said that it would stop transmission or infection.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So they succeed in falling to the bottom of the table and they all go out together and celebrate with a dinner. No wonder the dogs are cellar dwellers. when Billy Johnstone was the trainer instead of a dinner they would all have been on their bikes cycling to Goulburn and back. Just ask Terry Lamb what impact that had on players‘ attitudes.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So they succeed in falling to the bottom of the table and they all go out together and celebrate with a dinner. No wonder the dogs are cellar dwellers. when Billy Johnstone was the trainer instead of a dinner they would all have been on their bikes cycling to Goulburn and back. Just ask Terry Lamb what impact that had on players‘ attitudes.
I agree we need some hard nose figures around the club to bring that tough culture we had back. Unfortunately a lot of younger players don’t respond to those methods these days..

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realise Lamb didn't train and rode the bike to take pressure off his knees for the last 8 years of his career.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Gus talking on the Covid situation at Belmore on his podcast.

First Subject Discussed.

Apparently TPJ's availability is pending a fitness test.

That fitness test I'm pretty sure relates to Jackson being in HIA protocols
Even though he didn't go off with HIA on good Friday

Ellie

Waterboy
Reaction score
The numbers are there. The vast majority of people who have either died or been admitted to ICU with covid have been unvaxxed. But you keep telling yourself you know more than the professionals.
Did you take notice of all the people double jabbed and bosted catching covid and still dieing or you skipped that

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
But they are fit (supposedly) young athletes, who have all (supposedly) had the vaccination. So WTF are we worried about! Give me a break. It's nothing more than a bad cold for these guys. Let em play I say. Why is covid still an issue at all?....all mandates are being relaxed, play on.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So how do you explain the number of deaths and the number of people in ICU ??

The vast majority are unvaxxed.

Honestly all you anti vaxxers are fuckin idiots
First of all, im vaxxinated you idiot. Secondly, the numbers of people in IVU etc are now roughly 50/50 vaxxinated, unvaxxinated.