News Bulldogs could be denied salary cap relief for Kieran Foran injury!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely spot on.

He also should never have been playing in that test match, he owed it to the club to be playing round 1 next year.

He comes out with silly shit like he's the fittest he's been in years when he looks like he can barely walk off the field at the end of a game.
By insisting on coming back a few weeks before round 12 and telling the whole world about it, he's just spitting in the face of the club.

The club has stood by him through two injury plagued years where he's admitted he's not given value for money and he can't do the club (and his body) a favour by sitting out til round 12 so we can use the cap concession? Just so he can try and play an extra two games?

The club should see this for what it is and cut ties with him once and for all. Foran is holding the club to ransom for his own amusement and if ever the club was to show that they have some balls, now would be the perfect time.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
By insisting on coming back a few weeks before round 12 and telling the whole world about it, he's just spitting in the face of the club.

The club has stood by him through two injury plagued years where he's admitted he's not given value for money and he can't do the club (and his body) a favour by sitting out til round 12 so we can use the cap concession? Just so he can try and play an extra two games?

The club should see this for what it is and cut ties with him once and for all. Foran is holding the club to ransom for his own amusement and if ever the club was to show that they have some balls, now would be the perfect time.
It's part of the softly softly approach.

Probably, maybe, they have no intention of playing him. (If he wants to come back early, I'd suggest a good ol' session with some of the CCup forwards putting a bonus on the first one to test out his shoulder, back, ribs, hammies, neck, arms, big toe, posterior, coccyx lol. Did I miss any body parts.

The other teams certainly will.

It's getting comedy/tragedy proportions.

Retire to coaching ol mate and enjoy that money for a lot longer.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
FFS

He is still getting paid.

That's the point of getting relief from the NRL, the Dogs want some of his salary cap money.

Foran won't lose a single cent.
Where do you get the idea that the NRL would pay Foran millions if he retires?

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club would still have to pay out his contract, unless they came to some other arrangement (like a coaching gig in lieu of not playing).

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The club would still have to pay out his contract, unless they came to some other arrangement (like a coaching gig in lieu of not playing).
I know. I am trying to understand how Kaz has this warped pov.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Titans win the comp 5 years in a row,. just as much fact in this statement

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LMFAO

Where did I say that.

I don't give a flying fuck about Foran.

I feel for the club that they are playing millions for a player to play about 12+ games in 2 odd years.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
says the bloke in the gymp mask lol
It is a luchador mask made by one of my fav musical artists. I don't really care what you think of it.

LMFAO

Where did I say that.

I don't give a flying fuck about Foran.

I feel for the club that they are playing millions for a player to play about 12+ games in 2 odd years.
Your whole argument makes no sense. You say you are so concerned for our club when it was our clubs choice to give a guy huge money who was notoriously injury prone. You call Foran selfish when all he wants to do is play footy and earn the contract he agreed to.

Foran has played 26 games in 2 seasons FYI. But you clearly don't really care about trying to make any kind of legitimate point so I don't even know why I bother replying.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is an inconsiderate prick.

Even if he is fit to come back early, he should STFU.

He has already cost your club heaps of Salary Cap money because he is made of fucking glass.
The big difference I noticed with Burgess, GI or Gillett was they didn't comment publicly when the rumours emerged about them possibly being medically retired. Either it was better managed by Souths and the Broncos internally and from a PR perspective or maybe they are just better blokes than Foran.

Foran should have been politely told by the club management to shut up and say nothing while things are worked out, as he stood to lose nothing financially at least next year. If ruled out for the year he still gets his $1mil + from us and he would be free to try and get a contract elsewhere or repay us by signing on for a year for match payments or a minimal contract with incentives. Even if in his head he thinks he can come back next year before or by round 12 he should as you say STFU..

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel for Foran, it shouldn't be considered his fault we lose compensation. If he wants to try and play on that is his right. If a player is injured during an international there should be compensation full stop. Clubs have to make players available for these fixtures so there should be insurance.
Foran only wants to come back asap to put himself in the shop window for a new contract wherever. That's the only reason.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a predicament that exposes an unfairness in the NRL’s system for salary cap relief, the Bulldogs could be penalised despite losing Kieran Foran to a shoulder injury while playing for New Zealand.
Kieran Foran is so hellbent on recovering from his recent shoulder surgery that he could cost Canterbury any salary cap relief.

In a predicament that exposes a glaring unfairness in the NRL’s system, the Bulldogs could be penalised for Foran’s determination to recover from the shocking injury he suffered while playing for New Zealand.

While it was initially feared he could miss all of next season, Foran is telling people close to him that he has set himself a target to be back playing by June at the latest, but possibly at some stage in May.

Unfortunately for the Bulldogs, clubs are only entitled to a maximum of $350,000 in cap relief for a player injured while on representative duty if the player has been sidelined for at least 12 NRL games.

Foran’s timeline would potentially have him back on the field just before that period elapses, meaning the Bulldogs would be out of pocket unless there was an immediate change to the guidelines.

The Bulldogs are expected to appeal to the NRL that regardless of when Foran returns they should still be entitled to the maximum salary cap relief.

The club is expected to get the surgeon’s final report this week and present it to the NRL.

The determination will set a precedent given no other club has yet qualified for the representative injury relief.

Canberra missed out when Jordan Rapana returned to the field just short of the 12-match cut-off.

The Bulldogs would argue that all indications from medical experts were that Foran was facing a minimum of six months on the sideline but possibly as many as 10
It seems ludicrous that the limit is capped at $350,000 for all players, especially when Foran is the Bulldogs’ highest- paid player on $1.2 million.

He was also fit and healthy when he left for Kiwi camp but returned home requiring two shoulder operations.

There is no disputing when the injury occurred given it happened in front of everyone watching the Test.

It would also seem unfair to make a club wait until June to find out if it qualifies for salary cap relief. By then, it would probably be too late to spend the money in next year’s cap.

Foran has every reason to be pushing himself to get back early given he is off contract at the end of next season and will be fighting for his future.

He is 29 but has indicated he has no plan to retire any time soon. The football he played this year was proof that, when fit, he is still up with the NRL’s elite playmakers

That's the article
What a waste of space this guy is,he should let nature take its course,with his injury and keep his mouth shut,the fact his telling everyone his coming back early,gives us very little chance of any compensation,a lack of respect for our club,piss him off,offer him to manly.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel for Foran, it shouldn't be considered his fault we lose compensation. If he wants to try and play on that is his right. If a player is injured during an international there should be compensation full stop. Clubs have to make players available for these fixtures so there should be insurance.
Couldn’t agree more, full stop!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He is an inconsiderate prick.

Even if he is fit to come back early, he should STFU.

He has already cost your club heaps of Salary Cap money because he is made of fucking glass.
Darius Boyd is doing the same thing with your club the Broncos too, digging his heels in and refusing to retire even though he knows his best days are behind him! Very selfish just like Foran, however, they did sign contracts so they are entitled and obliged to honour them just like our clubs are. I think in Boyds case though, he is hanging around out of spite because the Broncs wanted Bennett gone so they could bring Seibold to the club.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Darius Boyd is doing the same thing with your club the Broncos too, digging his heels in and refusing to retire even though he knows his best days are behind him! Very selfish just like Foran, however, they did sign contracts so they are entitled and obliged to honour them just like our clubs are. I think in Boyds case though, he is hanging around out of spite because the Broncs wanted Bennett gone so they could bring Seibold to the club.
Exactly.

The even offered him Full pay to fuck Off and retire and he won’t from what I heard.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would they retire to benefit the clubs . This is their livelihood they going to make sure they receive all contract money , not many players get well paying jobs in media or footy clubs when they hang up the boots .
All these players retiring are getting paid out and Inglis I’m sure is not missing out , getting paid by Souths and nrl atm and I feel like there would be more payments for him as no one in right mind walks away from 1m plus a year.
As for Foran whilst busted he is at a age that he can get another contract or 2 if body gets right , so he is not going to retire prematurely.
And tbh why should the players do favours for clubs , we see speculation all year , clubs trying to move on players , threatening them to be stuck in reserve grade if stay etc