News Bulldogs Considering Referee Action

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Accountability for having a lopsided officiating is what we ask. It's clear Cummins only saw things one way last Friday, yet he gets PROMOTED to do this Saturdays 730 Cowboys first home game. Where's the accountability for costing the Dogs any chance to win the last game?
This is the major problem with rugby league. The 6 agains are completely subjective....where and when they are blown determines games. As Deano used to say....we had 17 guys who busted their ass last Friday, but due to the unfair officiating were given no chance to win the game. If the NRL can't see this then they are kidding that the game is in "good shape"
The problem is no-one cares.
Refs are like politicians.
They lie to your face, we know they are lying, they know we know they are lying but cant do anything about it. And they do it with a smirk just to rub it in.
If you replace the word lie with incompetent, you get Sutton.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IF the refs could keep the deficit under 50 points against us this weekend I’m sure we’d equally appreciate it LOL

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Our vocal sponsor Mr Arthur Laundy has been unusually quiet of late hasn’t he lolll
Yes now that you mention it.

Instalment Part 26 of the Burton Saga probably in tomorrow's paper with re-hashed comments by Arthur from last year.

Or

After the Penrith game and we have a similar 6 again/penalty count and get dudded by this ref, he comes out sitting next to Baz ready to "do a Politis" lol

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben Cummins has been training hard all off season blowing the pea out of the whistle and throwing darts at bulldogs posters

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s been almost a week, where is this “action” that we have been hearing about? What action exactly is Barrett going to take, a questioning email? A zoom meeting, will it be streamed, I‘m sure we would all like to know the 6 examples of Cummins ignoring the Knought‘s infringements? Perhaps a face to face sit down with Annesley? Whatever form it takes maybe it is scheduled for Friday afternoon or Saturday morning to have maximum effect before our next game? Tick tick it’s getting cold, some action, before round 2 makes everyone forget what happened in round 1.

Go Dogs

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s been almost a week, where is this “action” that we have been hearing about? What action exactly is Barrett going to take, a questioning email? A zoom meeting, will it be streamed, I‘m sure we would all like to know the 6 examples of Cummins ignoring the Knought‘s infringements? Perhaps a face to face sit down with Annesley? Whatever form it takes maybe it is scheduled for Friday afternoon or Saturday morning to have maximum effect before our next game? Tick tick it’s getting cold, some action, before round 2 makes everyone forget what happened in round 1.

Go Dogs
Sorry princess but the bulldogs don’t need to tell you every detail of what they do

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One of the Problems with this 6 again rule is that because they just happen on the fly, there is no understanding to the team it is against of what they are for. Captains don’t get an opportunity to be told what they are for. I think they are being given Willy Nilly for the most minor of indiscretions. Unless there is blatant laying on the tackle slowing the attacking team down, fuck them off and just give a penalty. It’s too unfair to blow multiple 6 agains against teams. I’m really not a fan of it.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the Problems with this 6 again rule is that because they just happen on the fly, there is no understanding to the team it is against of what they are for. Captains don’t get an opportunity to be told what they are for. I think they are being given Willy Nilly for the most minor of indiscretions. Unless there is blatant laying on the tackle slowing the attacking team down, fuck them off and just give a penalty. It’s too unfair to blow multiple 6 agains against teams. I’m really not a fan of it.
6-agains should be limited to the attacking half, and the captain should be able to call a penalty if they want a penalty kick for 2pts.

A 6-again on the first tackle should become a new 8-tackle set, and a new 7-tackle set if on the 2nd tackle. Giving a 6-again on the first tackle of a set off the defensive tryline is useless.

And 6-again Ben should be removed from first grade. Permanently.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
V'Landy's mentioned in the Matt Johns show last night that he would like some better clarity about how they communicate what a six again was for. So it's on the radar.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
V'Landy's mentioned in the Matt Johns show last night that he would like some better clarity about how they communicate what a six again was for. So it's on the radar.
Good. I thought 6 agains were mainly born off the idea that the defending team were deliberately laying on or slowing down the tackled player time and time again on their line in order to entice the attacking team to forego an attempt to score a try and rather take 2 points instead. As the defending team were tiring in defence and a 4 pointer was imminent.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
6-agains should be limited to the attacking half, and the captain should be able to call a penalty if they want a penalty kick for 2pts.

A 6-again on the first tackle should become a new 8-tackle set, and a new 7-tackle set if on the 2nd tackle. Giving a 6-again on the first tackle of a set off the defensive tryline is useless.

And 6-again Ben should be removed from first grade. Permanently.
That first paragraph is what I’ve been saying since the 6 again was introduced. Only in the attacking half, otherwise it doesn’t benefit the team much.

Also, only make it for ruck infringements.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a feeling that one of the reasons for the 6 again is to take out of the game the style of Captain that Cameron Smith was and continually stopping the flow of the game.

Also While I don't go to games any more I have sat in crowds where I am surrounded by dumb ass fans who know nothing more than "get em onside".

I have mentioned this incident previously on this forum but it is perfect example to illustrate my point.

My wife and I were at Suncorp and this Broncos supporter behind us was going off at the ref all night. Finally he made his big mistake. The Broncos kicked downfield and you could see the chalk come up as it landed on the sideline on the full. He yelled the ball was in it landed on the line.

My wife turned around and quite calmly said. "They are not playing tennis". His wife was struggling to say anything as her lips were moving but nothing was coming out of her mouth.

He never said another word for the rest of the night.

I could tell you countless other inane comments I have heard at games.

A poll of which club has the dumbest fan base would be an interesting exercise. I have Souths and Brisbane as my top 2.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Did you honestly expect the NRL to address this? It was more about Baz calling them out and putting them on notice. And even if they did address it, they'd probably say as usual that they reviewed it and every call was correct blah blah blah..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So it should be.

The top teams benefit the most. Good luck to them.

But the long term viability of the bottom half teams has been severely affected as the divide grows wider. After one round, it's probably obvious the way the comps going to pan out.

You just can't win without field position and the sustained pressure of momentum flow is near on impossible to get back in games between top and bottom on the ladder.

Can foresee real problems with the way the game is going.

Refs having way too much influence.
Scoring near impossible to stop after a few 6 agains in 20m zone.
Fatigue and the standard of games deteriorating.
Increased allegations of cheating by refs.
More injuries.
No shock wins by bottom teams over the top 6 so therefore less interest in games by the general public.
Set and forget Top 6. Only interest is who will make up the numbers in 7 and 8 and who avoids the spoon decided on for/against.

Last edited: