Bulldogs confirm top 30 squad for 2021

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really? What’s your proof on that. He was injured back in 2020!!
It doesn’t matter what year he was injured because he is contracted for the 21 season. In saying that the NRL business year starts on Nov 1 so he was technically injured this season anyway.

I don’t have proof because I don’t need it there has never been a injury replacement for players injured during NRL games or training it’s only ever been for rep games and even then we found out how useless it is with Foran.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter what year he was injured because he is contracted for the 21 season. In saying that the NRL business year starts on Nov 1 so he was technically injured this season anyway.

I don’t have proof because I don’t need it there has never been a injury replacement for players injured during NRL games or training it’s only ever been for rep games and even then we found out how useless it is with Foran.
Could he put in development squad?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well that's just BS especially when it occurs during pre season and the player is out for the entire year, even the GAYfl have some provision for long term injury list players(i think, **** of a game so i dont follow it closely :laughing: )

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Debating whether to put money on dogs to make the 8. $4.00 is good odds. If we trial well we might shorten. I think we are a good chance of lower top 8. With jac and burton next year even better

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think if a team has an abnormal amount of injuries they can apply for an exemption with the nrl to allow an extra player in the top 30

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
fuckin Nazi's imo.
In the event of a season ending injury whether it be preseason or after the start of the comp clubs should be given an exemption and be allowed to replace that guy with a like for like player if one existed but usually it would be an up and comer on the periphary of first grade.
I dont see a problem with this personally and the $$$ over cap would likely always only be the minimum amount of say 120K.Thoughts?
Also should it be capped at 1 player per club only whom can be subbed out in this manner, idk maybe.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Are you ***** for real? What on earth makes you think a player doing an ACL in training would then allow the club to slash his salary and boot him from the Top 30 to a development contract? Or letting you replace him completely lol.

That has never been the case. Get your heads out of the sand. This isn’t SuperCoach.

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Debating whether to put money on dogs to make the 8. $4.00 is good odds. If we trial well we might shorten. I think we are a good chance of lower top 8. With jac and burton next year even better
Careful mate, a couple key injuries our team will look like 2020!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure trials will effect the price but we have a difficult first 5 weeks and are without Thompson so I think the odds are more likely to blow out then shorten. It might be worth the wait you either get a better price or you see that we are no chance and save your money.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Are you c*** for real? What on earth makes you think a player doing an ACL in training would then allow the club to slash his salary and boot him from the Top 30 to a development contract? Or letting you replace him completely lol.

That has never been the case. Get your heads out of the sand. This isn’t SuperCoach.
wtf you on about, the injured player still gets paid as per normal the club in question just gets to blood another youngster and replenish their roster what is wrong with that??.. related to gallop are you mate, would fit right in at ***** incorporated aka the NRL you would :laughing:

LOW post of the month to the muppet about Alex Mckinnon..if you knew a paraplegic and what their life is like you wouldnt be saying ****-act things like that

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
wtf you on about, the injured player still gets paid as per normal the club in question just gets to blood another youngster and replenish their roster what is wrong with that??.. related to gallop are you mate, would fit right in at c*** incorporated aka the NRL you would :laughing:

LOW post of the month to the muppet about Alex Mckinnon..if you knew a paraplegic and what their life is like you wouldnt be saying c***-act things like that
You have no idea cob

Clearly don’t understand how the salary cap works

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely that is not the rule... That is ridiculous.
It's definitely the rule.
It sucks and should be changed, but thats how it stands at the moment.

It's not an injury but another example is Jack De Bellend at the dragqueens.
Has been stood down since end of 2018 but taking full $600k out of their salary cap whilst not being able to play.