News Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett reveals his plans for 2022

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF, we are paying TPJ, Thomson & Kikau the same as the Chooks are paying JWH, Radley and Crichton, the same as the Wabbits are paying Arrow, TBurgess and Murray, the same as Melbourne are paying NAS (Hahahahaha), Bromwich and Kaufusi, the same as Manly are paying Aloiai, JTrobojevic and Taupau etc etc. You want a good pack, you need 3 core forwards on those levels of contract.

Always a Bulldog
also dont think the comment about 'these three taking up 25% of the cap' is correct either...

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
“Brandon Wakeham has come back in a good shape with a totally different attitude.”
Makes you wonder what his attitude was the last few seasons. Hope Brandon can maintain the new motivation and reach his potential. A cheeky half back who can back up the chat and perform would be gold.
He’s a poor trainer. Lazy etc. he’s probably just picked it up a notch to where it should be for an NRL player.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So is Alamoti, Schoup and Burns. Plenty of options. Let’s see how Dufty goes, but we need a plan B
That's the issue, we don't really have a plan b. Allan might come into the equation but really won't offer much unless everyone else is firing on all cylinders like at Souths. Fox and Naden like you mentioned are probably the other options.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
6 wins is acceptable? with the squad we now have? not a chance. look to double that figure, surely as the bare minimum expected
Agree. We should be aiming to win 50% of our games this year. That’s 12 games 24 points. And I believe we have the squad to do it. Still not sure about the coach though.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, he is a centre and a pretty handy one so he should stay there I reckon.
I'd personally have him on the wing instead of that tree Okunbor, our centres should be made up of Averillo, Schoupp and Alamoti .... then next year we have the issue of trying to fit them all in.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd personally have him on the wing instead of that tree Okunbor, our centres should be made up of Averillo, Schoupp and Alamoti .... then next year we have the issue of trying to fit them all in.
Perhaps, but it’s a year or so to early for Alamoti and to be honest I don’t think Averillo is a FG centre even though he came thru the grades there. This year Okunbor will explode on the wing or he will be looking for a new home either in the forwards or a new club.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Perhaps, but it’s a year or so to early for Alamoti and to be honest I don’t think Averillo is a FG centre even though he came thru the grades there. This year Okunbor will explode on the wing or he will be looking for a new home either in the forwards or a new club.
Okunbor doesn't have the drive to move into the forwards. He either makes it as a winger, or goes nowhere. Honestly, he isn't costing us heaps, so even if he is just there for depth, it's best to keep him and thus the ones in front of him honest.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor doesn't have the drive to move into the forwards. He either makes it as a winger, or goes nowhere. Honestly, he isn't costing us heaps, so even if he is just there for depth, it's best to keep him and thus the ones in front of him honest.
He is taking a spot in the 30. He better earn it....