News Bulldogs coach Dean Pay is under pressure already following tough start to the season

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s funny about the attack lacking science. What do the Georgallis zealots on here have to say about that? He is the attack coach, after all.
Hopefulky The same thing as they say about hiring the ex-raiders and ex-Parra defensive coach

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s funny about the attack lacking science. What do the Georgallis zealots on here have to say about that? He is the attack coach, after all.
Yeah well Georgallis was good as the Head coach not the attacking coach.

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if the bloke thought there were "promising" signs for 2019 then clearly he has no fucken idea as a coach.

He probably also thinks he is as good as Bellamy.

Pay lives in the lala land and he can not see the forest from the trees.
I don't know what Pay is doing but it's definitely holding our team back from competing.
Coaches are only good if they know how to coach otherwise it's just like giving me a job as a coach or putting me behind the controls of a commercial areoplane or giving me a scalpel and calling me a surgeon or giving a monkey a gun. You get the picture

Its a job that comes with enormous power if the coach can't coach they should be removed immediately

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We aren’t the knights , last year we did amazing to miss the spoon . The cap situation is killing us otherwise we woukd it got a good signing, unfortunately we signed average players but mark my words all the loyal fans will be fed up if he puts this team out there for round 3, because it’s befoming a joke.. don’t want to be parra who are wooden spoon professionals

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Heres the issue for Dean Pay and the current board. The roster is a lot worse then last year. Why did we let go woods and mbye. They were not replaced and we are still paying part of their contracts. The loss of those 2 triggered the loss of Klemmer. We are far too inexperienced now to compete in the nrl. Had we have kept those 3 we would be in a much better position right now.

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
if the bloke thought there were "promising" signs for 2019 then clearly he has no fucken idea as a coach.

He probably also thinks he is as good as Bellamy.

Pay lives in the lala land and he can not see the forest from the trees.
hahahaha I think he had to many head knocks

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Not putting the boot in pay yet as he did fix the juniors and made them competitive , under des we had no juniors,
plus pay gave the team a second chance to redeem themselves everyone deserves a second chance it’s only round 2.
I will judge him after the Tigers game, this will prove if anything he has a team that is competitive.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah well Georgallis was good as the Head coach not the attacking coach.
Oh yeah, that Mickey Mouse reserve grade comp we won with a stack of NRL experienced forwards. Amazing.

And now your man's been elevated to assistant coach and attack coach in first grade and the team's going backwards.

That's not your man's fault though as he just sits in the grandstand at training, silently watching on from the upper rows, and stays at home on match days.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Oh yeah, that Mickey Mouse reserve grade comp we won with a stack of NRL experienced forwards. Amazing.

And now your man's been elevated to assistant coach and attack coach in first grade and the team's going backwards.

That's not your man's fault though as he just sits in the grandstand at training, silently watching on from the upper rows, and stays at home on match days.
Under des we had no juniors we weren’t even competitive, now it’s different our juniors are in better shape and we made the finals in every grade except 1st grade.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You see as long as i can remember, i bought and read the papers for people's point of view on the way we preformed. Thank God this article is a critique about our on field performance rather than off field misdemeanors.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
To quote Obi-Wan Kenobi....

"This isn't the coach you're looking for"

DogzPride

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hard article to read but its ALL TRUE ! Pay may be a great guy but he just isn't up to the job, YES he hasn't much to work with and I get that but FFS somethings got to give, I cant take watching this shit for the rest of the season.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres the issue for Dean Pay and the current board. The roster is a lot worse then last year. Why did we let go woods and mbye. They were not replaced and we are still paying part of their contracts. The loss of those 2 triggered the loss of Klemmer. We are far too inexperienced now to compete in the nrl. Had we have kept those 3 we would be in a much better position right now.
Yep the roster is worse but some of his selections are still baffling. Holland and Smith formed a good combo towards the end of the year last year. So why change them ?? Smith has hardly been involved at all this year and one of the main reasons is because Montoya cant pass the fuckin ball. I dont care how bad Meaney has been in NSW cup, he still should be in the side ahead of Montoya. If Hoppa has to move to centre then so be it. Everyone on here knew that Montoyta would be a disaster at centre and he proven exactly that.

And why change Jackson top the left ? He has played the 2 worst games of his career. RFM look lost on the right.

The selections make no sense

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay can’t do a thing three quarters of the team are not nrl standard we can whine as much as we like we just don’t have the cattle

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not putting the boot in pay yet as he did fix the juniors and made them competitive , under des we had no juniors,
plus pay gave the team a second chance to redeem themselves everyone deserves a second chance it’s only round 2.
I will judge him after the Tigers game, this will prove if anything he has a team that is competitive.
Ok. As much as I want him gone NOW Im with you.. he can have one more shot next week against the tigers..!! Good luck to him lol.