News Bulldogs coach Dean Pay denies senior players wishes for mass changes

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The only thing we know is that Pay is struggling as a Head Coach. As someone else said this board didn’t appoint Pay so maybe they have never wanted him as head coach and are using him through this shit period.
My belief with this board was that they were always going to do the bare minimum and just ride things out until contracts expired. They rolled out the excuses, they invested minimal resources...they sat back and waited to luck out with Pay and a few recruits and if it didn't eventuate they could simply sign a big name when the time came to try and appease fans and extend their time at the club.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
We all have opinions if Pay would have done better with a different roster with better players etc etc,but IMO he is there to coach what’s in front of him.I have said this before that not one player has improved under his style.In fact a few have digressed and are now wondering if they have a future in NRL.
In the time he has been coach no one can say that they have seen a game plan that remotely looks like it suits the way he coaches.Some teams are better defensively than they are attacking and vice versa,can anybody say that about the Dogs?
For these reasons I believe a new coach is required and I don’t care if it’s the local butcher as long as we can see some improvement in the players that are there.
Pay has had long enough to have had some influence for the betterment of at least one player!! His coaching staff are to blame as well and must go.Im not concerned about winning games as I am about seeing players progress to be better players.
Coach needs to COACH...

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you know Hoppa won't be resigned?

In relation to DWZ get off the juice. He has been diabolical in the 3 games at FB. Blind Freddy can tell he's a winger. He ain't a FB's ar....hole.
Lets look at the facts.

Hoppa will be 29 when his current contract expires at the end of the 2021 season.

He will have played 6 years with us by the end of his current contract and will be even slower then.

He has currently scored only 21 tries for us to date, I believe the Club will say thanks for your service but its time as we want younger and faster players who can score more tries.

In relation to DWZ, I know he has dropped a few balls this season but he played well last season and most players have been shit this season.

We have seen Hoppa & Meany at FB and they haven't set the world on fire, why go back to what we already know instead of really finding out if DWZ is a FB or winger for us going forward in a season that already looks lost.

As for the Juice, its smoko for me.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We all have opinions if Pay would have done better with a different roster with better players etc etc,but IMO he is there to coach what’s in front of him.I have said this before that not one player has improved under his style.In fact a few have digressed and are now wondering if they have a future in NRL.
In the time he has been coach no one can say that they have seen a game plan that remotely looks like it suits the way he coaches.Some teams are better defensively than they are attacking and vice versa,can anybody say that about the Dogs?
For these reasons I believe a new coach is required and I don’t care if it’s the local butcher as long as we can see some improvement in the players that are there.
Pay has had long enough to have had some influence for the betterment of at least one player!! His coaching staff are to blame as well and must go.Im not concerned about winning games as I am about seeing players progress to be better players.
Coach needs to COACH...
Exactly right. When this lot took over they talked about being a "development club" and that was supposedly Pays strength because of how well he done with junior sides (LOL). As you said no one has improved and the club has not built on previous seasons and has instead done the complete opposite.

You look at our starting 13 and it's bloody fucking hard to single out player there and say "he has improved in that role, I want to see more of him". That is unacceptable because imo there are players currently in the squad capable of doing this. You then look at things like tactics and style of play....we're doing absolutely nothing. We could've not played a single game over these years and been in the exact same situation as now ffs.

Malla

Reaction score
Coach needs to COACH...
Exactly. Players should get better under good coaching. It's not like we have had wholesale changes over the lat 3 years - we have literally had the same team and every week they play like they have never trained together.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My belief with this board was that they were always going to do the bare minimum and just ride things out until contracts expired. They rolled out the excuses, they invested minimal resources...they sat back and waited to luck out with Pay and a few recruits and if it didn't eventuate they could simply sign a big name when the time came to try and appease fans and extend their time at the club.
fair enough. My view on the board is I don’t really have one. Unless someone has been to a board meeting we don’t know what’s really happening we are all guessing.

What we can all see is that the football team that is playing on free to air tv is underperforming and there are zero football tactics being used to make them better on game day. That’s on the coach and we can all see that.
What ever is happening in the board room should not be affecting the coaches ability to improve the individual. He’s clearly lacking in something with the way this team is being handled on game day. Just my 2 cents

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Seems like this is the truth

sad though

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean reminds me of that movie team America
Matt Damon character
Reporters : how you think you went tonight dean
Dean : Matt Damon ...Matt Damon ... Matt Damon

ffs there has to be someone in the management still fucking with everything I thought it was Chris Anderson last year but there is some shiny bum sticking there bib in.

And if they were to sack pay and get a coach with a personality the decision will have to be left to the high performance manger and coaches with advise from someone with the finance side.