Rumour Bulldogs closing in on Cam Cirald

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Potter was hesitant to comment about his future publicly in the past so with him now declaring he would like to be coach or stay on at the club I'd say the club has definitely made a decision. Hopefully he stays on as an assistant or takes over reserve grade.
My concern is, it's obvious he has the respect of the players now (given how they've performed under him).

If we bring in Ciraldo as head coach and Potter as assistant, how is that going to play out with the players. Not saying it can't work but it is a concern that may cause a question of authority.

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to love Gus, always throwing a dummy to the dummies ( the media ).
He basically said " Ciraldo can't go to a club to rebuild a roster " I am sure he didn't mean us, our roster is almost built, he could've been referring to the Tigpies who at the time had made him a massive 5 years offer.
From what I know the THREE MUSKETEERS JK Gus & Warbo wanted the club to be in best order to help entice the best possible coach and for the right reason !!!
gus also warned baz to stay away from our club when baz signed. this is literally baz 2.0 im shitting it

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No he wasnt lol, Baz wasnt wanted by every club hahahah, literally about 4/5 clubs want Ciraldo. We cant have the mentality that all the assistants at the best club (by far) in the comp are shit and not a good first grade coach, Baz was awful at Manly, never showed any promise, clubs are offering Ciraldo 5 year deals, this is a different situation
At the time we signed Baz he was rated higher than Ciraldo (my OG point, everything you've said is after the fact, e.g. Irrelevant). No one knew or wanted Ciraldo back then. That's fact.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
gus also warned baz to stay away from our club when baz signed. this is literally baz 2.0 im shitting it
Let's be frank here, who in their right mind advise any young coach to come to us, a club in chaos and turmoil controlled by a bunch of stooges to say the least.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gus talking up Asst Coaches .saying who's gonna be the great assistant to help him at his new club.

Who's gonna be the Cameron Ciraldo for Cameron Ciraldo. Who's gonna be the Craig Fitzgibbon for Robinson.

How about wise head Asst Mick Potter AND helpful input handling the media, recruitment etc shielding from Phil Gould :grinning:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A lot of fans see another rookie as a big risk, considering the perceived failures of Pay and Barrett.

Only difference i see here is that he seems to be sought after, so people in the know must rate him (unless he just has an awesome manager!).

I guess we all are just sick of not winning anything.

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus is much smarter than the average bear,I'm sure he has the clubs best interests at heart and will secure the best possible coach no matter who it is.We all know Gus is the master when it comes to setting smoke screens.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I think Ciraldo has family links at the Bulldogs. I seem to recall there was an offical or perhaps support staff named Fred Ceraldo, back about 30 or so years ago. Anyone know of him.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I think Ciraldo has family links at the Bulldogs. I seem to recall there was an offical or perhaps support staff named Fred Ceraldo, back about 30 or so years ago. Anyone know of him.
Im sure Fred is still at the club and I remember hearing there is no relation between them anyway

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What happened to Fittler being our coach? Lol
So far the speculation has been that Flanagan will be joining, last week we were getting Arthur, Fittler was almost a certainty and now it's Ciraldo. I think that pretty much completes our coaching and staff roster with a couple of spares to slot into lower grade roles.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far the speculation has been that Flanagan will be joining, last week we were getting Arthur, Fittler was almost a certainty and now it's Ciraldo. I think that pretty much completes our coaching and staff roster with a couple of spares to slot into lower grade roles.
Arthur was shopped to us so he was never an option
Fitler was a David Holland special so that was never happening
Flanno was the mail when Baz was first sacked but then that died down when he started publicly begging for the job
Ciraldo seems to be the only legit mail we have had regarding the coach

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fred is not dead...Yes he is still there :laughing:

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith set up all their assistants to sabotage other clubs when they move on,any club with those same players would be successful it’s a no brainer.
I still prefer potter ,we all new also furner was part of Barrett’s dud brigade,I’m sure we can save money by retaining potter as coach.
Seriously what has ciraldo done to show he can coach?