Fox Sports Bulldogs Chase Former Legends Son

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Story today says Bulldogs are chasing Broncos player Kobe Hetherington who is Jason Hetheringtons (former Bulldogs player) son. He’s only played 5 games for Broncos but plays Hooker or Lock. We need Hookers. Hopefully he’s as tough as his dad was. They say Kevin Walters is clearing out the players he doesn’t want.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If He is anything like his old man. Worth looking at. Jas was a great 9.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If it’s a spine position, we need a proven gun or the foresight similar to how the Warriors picked up Reece Walsh, though we haven’t had that eye for talent since the days of SBW & Ben Barba…

Averillo has been our big hype player but he’ll have 1 good game and several quiet one’s.. Barba was -a special player from day1, it’s a shame the wheels fell off his wagon.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it’s a spine position, we need a proven gun or the foresight similar to how the Warriors picked up Reece Walsh, though we haven’t had that eye for talent since the days of SBW & Ben Barba…

Averillo has been our big hype player but he’ll have 1 good game and several quiet one’s.. Barba was -a special player from day1, it’s a shame the wheels fell off his wagon.
I think you hit the nail right on the head. An eye for talent is what’s needed. Teams underestimate a bloke like Phil Gould. Look at the early days of him at Warriors and the Panthers - where his trail is currently going great. Also whoever assists to get unbelievable players to the Melbourne Storm. Our club really need to spend money well on the right talent scouts. They find the right people before other clubs and don’t have to overpay them.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think you hit the nail right on the head. An eye for talent is what’s needed. Teams underestimate a bloke like Phil Gould. Look at the early days of him at Warriors and the Panthers - where his trail is currently going great. Also whoever assists to get unbelievable players to the Melbourne Storm. Our club really need to spend money well on the right talent scouts. They find the right people before other clubs and don’t have to overpay them.
Takes time I imagine. Who's out current recruitment team?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just looked on websites, it looks like his name is Peter Sharp.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't he good? I know jack shit about this topic so happy to be schooled
He’s had 3 x stints at Parramatta Eels as an assistant coach and only joined Bulldogs as a recruitment manager in March 2021.