Bulldogs can't bring in stars for three years: CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
While we aren’t completely fucked we won’t be doing anything for 3 years....
It’s not the NRL position to run our club, I can be the biggest critic but salary bungling is purely for the clubs to take care of.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I take my hat off to Hill and the New Board at least they came clean with the truth. Explains why the old board were so closed off with what was happening inside our club and why us fans were always kept in the dark.
Yes congrats to them. The old board were indeed very slezzy and sneaky

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So some time ago a bunch of manly players said they were taking a pay cut in order to stay together. Interested to see if this was put to any of these players especially those who clearly aren’t worth the coin they are on e.g Eastwood and see if they “really” want to stay by taking a cut now to help the club rather than milking it and then pissing off

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Eastwood not hard to cover. Morris twins different story Prob explains why Lewis has been playing centre this year in ISP other options Olive, Smith other suggestions???

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking three years down the track we'll have a very big fat cheque book. I'm thinking Ponga will be on our radar and who else is available at the time we will be in a good position to buy who we want.

Embrace change.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking three years down the track we'll have a very big fat cheque book. I'm thinking Ponga will be on our radar and who else is available at the time we will be in a good position to buy who we want.
In a perfect world we will have a great crop of juniors that have a year of NRL under their belt or are ready for NRL in 2020 then we will have the cash to buy a couple of big guns to put us right into premiership contention in 2021.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If Pay is as good as a coach with youth as some say then this is where he needs to shine. I will ease up on him but fuck me get the fucking bench rotations right ffs.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're paying for Suli? The fuck? These ***** said we won't pay player to play for another club yet we're paying for Suli who was here for 2 weeks?
Must have been something in his contract for them to have to pay for some of it.

Wonder how much they are paying.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone have the list of players whose contract finishes 2019 so we can work out how much we have to refresh the team for 2020 ?

Congrats to the new Board for clarifying. Its not great but we dont gave to slash our wrists. Won't be great tho...its already an average performing roster and only older next year.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In a perfect world we will have a great crop of juniors that have a year of NRL under their belt or are ready for NRL in 2020 then we will have the cash to buy a couple of big guns to put us right into premiership contention in 2021.
Im looking foward to that really over with these overpaid players

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So we can't win a premiership until about 2022

That's 18 years since the last premiership, and that's the absolute best case scenario, more likely it'll be over 20 years

We're basically Newcastle or Souths in the 90s now

fuck this

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So we can't win a premiership until about 2022

That's 18 years since the last premiership, and that's the absolute best case scenario, more likely it'll be over 20 years

We're basically Newcastle or Souths in the 90s now

fuck this
Its ok i know we have had crap for the last few years but this is a challenge for all of us. Providing the team puts in for us and we enjoy what there doing im happy with that. New board , ceo, coach they have to be given a chance and from what i have seen there telling all to us which is good.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Before des came to the dogs, our players weren’t considered stars. However one good season turned them into stars which a coach inherited a team he didn’t have a say in. So I’m not feeling sorry for dean pay in any regard. The **** is a fkn shut **** as a coach and a person. Yes I’m attacking him personally now coz he’s a fkn dumb ****.
I feel filthy complimenting des but it’s fact.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How is this not corporate negligence by those fuckwits? Surely this could be punished in a court??
Not sure but i guess they got what they deserved they were booted out for there slezzy and dishonest conduct

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say even tho suli was at the club a short while he would have had some payment , that would be included in cap
Even if they sacked him and didn't pay him out his salary would be apart of the cap , or else all clubs would "sack " players to to have cap space and buy others

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only problem is, I don’t think we have the right core team. We are short 1 playmaker and we need one desperately.
Yeah we have a shit team but at least it seems we can kee what we have without losing anyone or adding anyone... better than losing players

Status
Not open for further replies.