News Bulldogs bring Seumanufagai back to NRL

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You left out Hetherington, plus it's possible Stimson could play in the middle.
As far as trading Napa or Ogden for Burton, I would think that during the off season Barrett and the coaching staff would have seen if one or the other have not be putting in at training, and are look to unload the him.
I wonder if Atoni has ever been bought up as a possible trade? Maybe the Dogs have said he is off limits but it just seems strange his name hasn’t come up.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm hoping Seumanufagai is being brought in because we're giving Napa or Ogden to the Panthers in exchange for Burton. There aren't many players (and especially props) available at this time right before the start of the season. If this is the case I can get behind it.
I only hope it's a swap for either one of the above two for reasons only the coaching staff saw during the off season with fitness and potential with the new 6 again rules. I personally wouldn't trade either.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need a monster prop who can bend the line. Maybe he’s the one?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need a monster prop who can bend the line. Maybe he’s the one?
Nah I think Ava is literally just experienced depth in a position we don’t have much in.

If we wanted a line bending prop who runs off the back fence I would be tempted to give Sitaleki Akauola another go.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All this talk of player swap. I understand and would like to also have Burton now. However if we start swapping players. Has anyone thought of team harmony? The players write or wrong build relationships. However when there mate is swapped it can create disharmony. And the thought of players staying needs to be considered. As mental side the game has grown. Unsure of the suggested swap players has been taking into account

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Player swaps can’t happen without their consent anyway mate. So it’s a moot point. It would be a case they want to take the chance regardless.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All this talk of player swap. I understand and would like to also have Burton now. However if we start swapping players. Has anyone thought of team harmony? The players write or wrong build relationships. However when there mate is swapped it can create disharmony. And the thought of players staying needs to be considered. As mental side the game has grown. Unsure of the suggested swap players has been taking into account
No they haven't because they're too busy creating all these crazy scenarios in their heads lol. We're a few weeks out from round 1 and it's time that people accept the fact that Burton is unlikely to be here at this time and just move on. Boys have had a big preseason together and they're all looking forward to the year.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
while hes no top liner, i hope hes there as a positional back up in case of injury

Reactions: ATT

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You left out Hetherington, plus it's possible Stimson could play in the middle.
As far as trading Napa or Ogden for Burton, I would think that during the off season Barrett and the coaching staff would have seen if one or the other have not be putting in at training, and are looking to unload the him.
James Roumanis is also a lock/front row.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Atoni, Napa, Ogden all in final year...now can add Seualphabet to that list.

Four props playing for a 2022 contract, hopefully they’ll all be coming off the back fence and busting tackles this year. It may actually work for us.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Atoni, Napa, Ogden all in final year...now can add Seualphabet to that list.

Four props playing for a 2022 contract, hopefully they’ll all be coming off the back fence and busting tackles this year. It may actually work for us.
Yep good point!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That doesn’t really make much sense. He just would have signed at Penrith if the Panthers wanted him. I think the signing is just to bolster our depth at prop and doesn’t have much bearing on Burton.
I think Penrith want Ogden and the Seumanufagai signing acts as a backup for an early Burton release.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like how the dt reported Thomson was suspended for biting instead of what he was actually suspended for, an eye gouge. The dogs need to address this bullfuckery without delay
Nah man!! Biting sounds better than eye gouge. lol

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of this shit lately leaves me scratching my head, but I have faith in the new management.