News Bulldogs bring Seumanufagai back to NRL

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Seumanufagai & Dietz are both NSW Cup signings and their salaries will count under the NSWCup salary Cap, NOT the NRL Salary Cap

Neither are in the Top 30
So they signed with Mounties?

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seumanufagai & Dietz are both NSW Cup signings and their salaries will count under the NSWCup salary Cap, NOT the NRL Salary Cap

Neither are in the Top 30
And you got this from where? I would be happy if true but 'Ava the average' has not been announced as such. Was a bench player for the Tigers who didnt play finals, and when he went to Cronulla, couldnt make their 17 when playing finals.
'Dietz the u/26 yet to debut', according to facebook is on a development contract expected to debut around R11. Given he's had 5 years trying, I'm expecting his first 10 games for Mounties to be corkers if he has had such a makeover to be ready for NRL.
I am hoping the Ava signing is a swap for Burton like you guys are saying, but who swaps a commodore for a ferrari?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this talk of player swap. I understand and would like to also have Burton now. However if we start swapping players. Has anyone thought of team harmony? The players write or wrong build relationships. However when there mate is swapped it can create disharmony. And the thought of players staying needs to be considered. As mental side the game has grown. Unsure of the suggested swap players has been taking into account
Depends on the team and location. Probably most players would prefer to go to the Panthers. Real chance of winning a comp this year. Reimis is very happy about going to the Storm. I'm pretty sure management would sound out the player before arranging the deal. As you would have noticed in the movie Moneyball (based on a true story) in US baseball players are just traded like footy cards. No say in where they're going or when it seems

Last edited:

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the signing of Seumanufagai this weeks says that we have added him even if he becomes our lowest ranked middle forward because we are definitely offloading one of our other middles to swap for Burton this week, especially now that Avo is injured. The timing just makes sense & I think middle forwards is probably what we have most of.

Middle Men - Thompson, Hethrington, Nappa, Atoni, Ogden, Elliott, Britt, Smith, Seumanufagai .

Middle & Edge Men - RFM, Stimpson, Jackson

So, my tip is that Burton will land in Belmore by this Thursday at the latest.

Last edited:

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the signing of Seumanufagai this weeks says that we have added him even if he becomes our lowest ranked middle forward because we are definitely offloading one of our other middles to swap for Burton this week, especially now that Avo is injured. The timing just makes sense & I think middle forwards is probably what we have most of.

Middle Men - Thompson, Hethrington, Nappa, Atoni, Ogden, Elliott, Britt, Smith, Seumanufagai .

Middle & Edge Men - RFM, Stimpson, Jackson

So, my tip is that Burton will land in Belmore by this Thursday at the latest.
I hope it happens.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So they signed with Mounties?
To be honest I have tried to do some research what the exact terms of the joint venture are. Very difficult to find.

From what I have read we have the capacity to have our players playing for them. So if we are short in a position we can still get them to have players that we may need as backup in an emergency (outside of the top 30). The same way the Bulldogs chose Mick Potter to be the coach of Mounties.

But your right, they will be Mounties players but pretty sure we are paying them.

If anyone has the details on how the Joint Venture actually works I would love to read it.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And you got this from where? I would be happy if true but 'Ava the average' has not been announced as such. Was a bench player for the Tigers who didnt play finals, and when he went to Cronulla, couldnt make their 17 when playing finals.
'Dietz the u/26 yet to debut', according to facebook is on a development contract expected to debut around R11. Given he's had 5 years trying, I'm expecting his first 10 games for Mounties to be corkers if he has had such a makeover to be ready for NRL.
I am hoping the Ava signing is a swap for Burton like you guys are saying, but who swaps a commodore for a ferrari?
Well on the Bulldogs website there are 29 players listed in the TOP 30 list, none of which are Dietz or Seumanufagai.

So by simple maths I am right about at least one of them, and considering neither is FG standard probably both.

We essentially have a new NSW Cup team so it makes sense they would buy NSW Cup players.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Ex-Leeds Rhinos star Ava Seumanufagai back in NRL with Canterbury Bulldogs

Former Leeds Rhinos prop Ava Seumanufagai has reportedly been handed a chance to resurrect his NRL career.

By Peter Smith

Saturday, 13th February 2021, 4:52 pm

Ava Seumanufagai, with ball, celebrates scoring for Rhinos in last year's Cup win over Hull KR. Picture by Jonathan Gawthorpe.
Ava Seumanufagai, with ball, celebrates scoring for Rhinos in last year's Cup win over Hull KR. Picture by Jonathan Gawthorpe.
Former Leeds Rhinos prop Ava Seumanufagai has reportedly been handed a chance to resurrect his NRL career.

The Australian Daily Telegraph newspaper says Seumanufagai is set to join Canterbury Bulldogs for the 2021 campaign..
Seumanufagai arrived at Leeds from Cronulla Sharks in May, 2019 and made 32 appearances before being released from the final year of his contract last December for family reasons.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
With all the positives that’s happened/happening, and 2021 being a new era etc.. this signing isn’t the worst..!!!

if TBAZ legend an co think he’s good for depth to give us some extra punch, then so be it. It’s not the end of the world, nor is it even a bad decision. We will be fine people, in fact we will rock the nrl this year..!!

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Harding is out off the club . I highly doubt we letting go Ogden as he will start from what I’m hearing ( unless we are that desperate for burton )

Ps I wouldn’t do it .
From what I’m hearing Ava will be in the top 30 .

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Harding is out off the club . I highly doubt we letting go Ogden as he will start from what I’m hearing ( unless we are that desperate for burton )

Ps I wouldn’t do it .
From what I’m hearing Ava will be in the top 30 .
Ogden unlikely to be in the 17 next year, if he's even at the club altogether. I think it's a no brainer personally. That would make the Ava signing reasonable.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ogden unlikely to be in the 17 next year, if he's even at the club altogether. I think it's a no brainer personally. That would make the Ava signing reasonable.
We are talking about this year ? He will definitely be in the side this year and from what I’m hearing he will be starting .

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ogden is a middle , I would hold onto him . Burton is coming either this year or the next .

fk Ivan and his demands . Can’t wait to see him fail .