Bulldogs Board Fallout Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
There is going to be more news regarding MAD MONDAY situation. We are not clear , its about time our board come out and make a statement to the public. I have never seen a more piss weak committee than this one. Where the f... are the Anderson's on this one.
What more could there possibly be? A player was naked. Short of killing someone it doesn't get much worse than that!

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
McIntyre should never be allowed to drive through Belmore OR Liverpool let alone be on any board even remotely related to Rugby League.
Mate even the smartest guy can make mistakes but that doesn't mean they're no good for the club. We need these guys because one they love the club and two they have the tools to get this club forward.

James marroun might not be on the board but this guy has done some good stuff in his short term being there and no doubt Lynne wants him back on board. Forget about the crap that gets published on the media these guys are great blokes and needed in the club.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The oasis project was a great idea but the timing was just a year too late. By the time it got underway the labor government unexpectedly imposed a poker machine embargo and refused to grant the licences. The project would have won the dogs a huge south west Sydney territory and their own stadium. Unfortunately there were some leading labor members in the government building their private hotel fortunes on the back of granting their hotels poker machines. Perhaps the licensed club was unnecessary to the project and the time when pokies underwrite the profitability of a licensed club has passed. But given the context at a time when clubs were being forced to merge or be cut if they couldn’t demonstrate they had sufficient self funding to stay above the cut, the oasis money may well have saved the dogs as a stand alone club. There was a lot of pressure to have the dogs merge. So hold fire on the criticism.
Maybe WAHESH shouldnt judge an avatar by its cover

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Maybe WAHESH shouldnt judge an avatar by its cover
All I wanted was the Bulldogs playing back at Belmore. I got my wish.

Bullfrog actually moved the Bulldogs to ANZ and it worked great for us as we now receive a lot of money per game hosted there - this also included the Showground back from 2001-2005.

I got my wish, Bullfrogs legacy keeps the club financially viable. And I was AGAINST the Oasis project... moving my team to Liverpool PFFFT.

Not sure where you're going with this @Ant2611

As for McIntyre, I have no doubt he'll be good for the club, if not great, I just don't want him involved in any prospects of moving the club to xyz location or doing any corrupt business deals.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There is going to be more news regarding MAD MONDAY situation. We are not clear , its about time our board come out and make a statement to the public. I have never seen a more piss weak committee than this one. Where the f... are the Anderson's on this one.
Aren't the Andersons overseas at the moment??? They were during Mad Monday apparently.

Lurker mentioned what you did, but then again he's a news limited cronie.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
McIntyre should never be allowed to drive through Belmore OR Liverpool let alone be on any board even remotely related to Rugby League.
I think it's harsh , he was made a scapegoat . Do you honestly believe the dogs were the only ones cheating the cap back then , or more recently the storm and the eels . Fark no .

All three clubs got busted pissing the wrong person off and they telling on them .. biggest rorters of them all the broncos got away with it as the NRL didn't interview Andrew gee, guess only select clubs get forensic investigations against them

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Aren't the Andersons overseas at the moment??? They were during Mad Monday apparently.

Lurker mentioned what you did, but then again he's a news limited cronie.
TBH MR I ,

I don't ask about what they are doing or where they are , but man im just infuriating on the inside as our club is in a tough position ATM and it's not going to get any better anytime soon. Our marquee player is on the verge of leaving the club and there is nothing we can do about it.The reports are true about the mad monday incident and more news will come out soon. I'll let you guys know something Jaycar leaving is the least off our problems as more might follow. Lets hope they can sort this shit out and most importantly make sure Klemmer does not leave.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBH MR I ,

I don't ask about what they are doing or where they are , but man im just infuriating on the inside as our club is in a tough position ATM and it's not going to get any better anytime soon. Our marquee player is on the verge of leaving the club and there is nothing we can do about it.The reports are true about the mad monday incident and more news will come out soon. I'll let you guys know something Jaycar leaving is the least off our problems as more might follow. Lets hope they can sort this shit out and most importantly make sure Klemmer does not leave.
Is that player Foran by any chance?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Coorey top dog at Canterbury League Club

George Coorey has been appointed the new boss of the Canterbury League Club as the warring factions at Belmore pledge to put their differences behind them.

Coorey tipped out his brother and longtime Bulldogs powerbroker Arthur for the final of three vacant positions at last weekend's hostile Canterbury League Club elections, helping the football club directorship cling to a majority at the top table of the leagues club.

Coorey will replace NSW Rugby League boss George Peponis as Canterbury League Club chairman. Peter Callaghan will serve as his deputy.

Peponis and Bulldogs legend Steve Mortimer safely won re-election to the Canterbury League Club board, but needed Arthur Coorey, who ran on their ticket, to also poll in the top three to seize power from Lynne Anderson's football club directors.

Peponis added two independents, former NSW premier Morris Iemma and UBS investment banker George Kanaan, to the Canterbury League Club board at the 11th hour before last weekend's elections.

It was a tactic designed to dilute the power of the football club board, which was guaranteed four appointees on a seven-person board before it was expanded to nine.

But George Coorey's campaign proved enough to be re-elected and having aligned himself with the football club powerbrokers, he will now assume the chairmanship of Canterbury League Club after a meeting on Friday afternoon.

Controversial Canterbury League Club board appointee James Marroun fell on his sword despite being one of four football club appointees last week after it was revealed he is a former bankrupt who is currently serving a suspension from any involvement in junior rugby league.
I believe George is Coorey and Arthur is Khoury not related

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH MR I ,

What marquee player are you refering to? You cant talk in riddles here champ youll just piss people off and anyone can make misleading rumours up. So unless youve got proof or balls to say it as it is its better off not being said.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe George is Coorey and Arthur is Khoury not related
No, they are both Coorey. And they are brothers.
They used to own a menswear in the city. They used to provide the suits for the players a long time ago.
That's how they got involved with the club.

The other guy John Khoury who is a current football club director is not related to Arthur or George.
Although us lebo's have all known each other for decades...lol

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
What marquee player are you refering to? You cant talk in riddles here champ youll just piss people off and anyone can make misleading rumours up. So unless youve got proof or balls to say it as it is its better off not being said.
He's obviously referring to Klem

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH MR I ,

I heard the klemmer rumour like a month ago I hope it's not true.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just cant see klem playing for another club. Club should just give him what he wants. Dont understand why they wouldnt be fixing all the issues

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate even the smartest guy can make mistakes but that doesn't mean they're no good for the club. We need these guys because one they love the club and two they have the tools to get this club forward.

James marroun might not be on the board but this guy has done some good stuff in his short term being there and no doubt Lynne wants him back on board. Forget about the crap that gets published on the media these guys are great blokes and needed in the club.
What they did wasn't wasn't a mistake, it was worse than negligent. I don't know how old you are but I lived through it and it was calculated and planned, and that isn't from what was in the media. Love the club or not, he should NEVER be put in a position of power at the club again.

I love the club too. Bleed blue and white. Grew up in Campsie, went to Belmore Boys. Doesn't mean I can run the club though and McIntyre has already, beyond a shadow of a doubt, proved that he can't be trusted to run it.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it's harsh , he was made a scapegoat . Do you honestly believe the dogs were the only ones cheating the cap back then , or more recently the storm and the eels . Fark no .

All three clubs got busted pissing the wrong person off and they telling on them .. biggest rorters of them all the broncos got away with it as the NRL didn't interview Andrew gee, guess only select clubs get forensic investigations against them
Wasn't just the salary cap. Google the Oasis Project.

Status
Not open for further replies.