Bulldogs Board Fallout Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From Rothfield:
THE fallout continues at Belmore as a result of the boardroom bloodshed this year. Highly regarded league club chief executive Dave Brace left last week by ‘mutual agreement’ with the board. Directors on the successful ticket of Lynne Anderson were behind his departure.

Brace is widely respected as one of the top licensed club administrators in the country. In recent years, he has overseen a $100 million refurbishment of Canterbury League Club which is poised to become the number one club for members’ facilities in Sydney.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Enter Garry McIntyre ... and if that happens ... well .. lets just say things get very interesting if we watch comments made from him after the Leagues Club voting results were released.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some agendas at play for sure which is really disappointing.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club refurbishment has really dragged on and been full of fuck ups so it’s not surprising he’s getting the bullet.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh, Rothfield trying to stir up more shit and attention away from the peptides.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Peponis and co have more members on the board they're after taking measures to get the extra two on board as far as I know. So the Anderson ticket would have nothing to do with pushing Brace out by that logic. Like Spoonman says if he's allowed huge delays in the refurbishments he's probably been squeezed out fairly anyway.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really dont understand why these people cant put their agendas, egos and biases aside and just work for the betterment of the club

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club refurbishment has really dragged on and been full of fuck ups so it’s not surprising he’s getting the bullet.
Just out of curiosity,how far behind schedule are they and what sought of stuff ups
Is there problems with the building contractor

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity,how far behind schedule are they and what sought of stuff ups
Is there problems with the building contractor
I'm not sure of the exact details but they have been issues with Parkview. Most of the works were supposed to be complete at the start of the year and its still under construction.

Brace might not be the only CEO to go Lynne Anderson went on a overseas holiday after the Cronulla game and she's not exactly thrilled with the way Hill handled the mad Monday stuff.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the exact details but they have been issues with Parkview. Most of the works were supposed to be complete at the start of the year and its still under construction.

Brace might not be the only CEO to go Lynne Anderson went on a overseas holiday after the Cronulla game and she's not exactly thrilled with the way Hill handled the mad Monday stuff.
Hence Garry Mcintyre bigger legs and balls not that i would know about the balls bit only what i heard from wide Chris.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for that,I go to the club for dinner occasionally and have noticed it was taking a long time.
I’m sure that not everybody within our club would be happy how Hill dealt with matters
For some reason I thought with issues like mad Monday
Hill and the board along with a few others would have had meetings and all be on the same page,show a United front
Surely Lynne could have been contacted or involved in talks

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Peponis and co have more members on the board they're after taking measures to get the extra two on board as far as I know. So the Anderson ticket would have nothing to do with pushing Brace out by that logic. Like Spoonman says if he's allowed huge delays in the refurbishments he's probably been squeezed out fairly anyway.
Actually the football club have the balance of power as they have 5 members against 4. John Ballesty and Paul Dunn were part of the reform ticket and George Coorey, Peter Callaghan and Peter Winchester are all in that camp. In terms of the refurbishments, the leagues club are hindered as Parkview is a football club sponsor and from what I understand had the cheapest offer by far as they wanted to get into the commercial market, issue is they've been a residential builder up till this project and didn't anticipate some of the challenges of working on a live site. In any case I doubt it was Dave Brace that personally chose Parkview, these things go to tender and with a $100m spend it's usually the board that gives final approval.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Buzz just writes shit about us to try wind up Graeme Hughes. He can't handle getting pumped by him on controversy corner

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actually the football club have the balance of power as they have 5 members against 4. John Ballesty and Paul Dunn were part of the reform ticket and George Coorey, Peter Callaghan and Peter Winchester are all in that camp. In terms of the refurbishments, the leagues club are hindered as Parkview is a football club sponsor and from what I understand had the cheapest offer by far as they wanted to get into the commercial market, issue is they've been a residential builder up till this project and didn't anticipate some of the challenges of working on a live site. In any case I doubt it was Dave Brace that personally chose Parkview, these things go to tender and with a $100m spend it's usually the board that gives final approval.
I'm pretty sure that I read about Peponis using an old loophole in the club constitution to bring in two extra members on the leagues club board which meant the football club board no longer had the balance of power. The rule allows the extra directors to be in place for two years. From memory Bob Carr may have been one of the guys appointed.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I read about Peponis using an old loophole in the club constitution to bring in two extra members on the leagues club board which meant the football club board no longer had the balance of power. The rule allows the extra directors to be in place for two years. From memory Bob Carr may have been one of the guys appointed.
It was Morris Iemma

Status
Not open for further replies.