1. The Kennel is saddened to hear of the passing of one of their much loved members (Izzy Forreal).

Kennelers are invited to pay their respects in the following threads:

Vale: Izzy Forreal

Official Site Statement
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Opinion Bulldogs Board Elections- MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by David holland, Dec 27, 2017.

1. GrogDog

GrogDog bad attitude

I meant continuing to keep She-rex after it was well and truly evident that he had no heart or desire to do anything other than collect an easy pay packet. When Finucane was making the decision that he wanted more minutes that was when She-rex should have been shown the door and Finucane kept! I think when all is said and done Castle was just a fall guy/girl for other peoples crap decisions....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Phalangist

Phalangist Kennel Enthusiast

But T. rex had a 4 or 5 year contract didn't he?

You can't just keep letting players go to other clubs while we pay for it. Tapau is the player I wish we kept

3. Kelpie03

Kelpie03 Forum Regular

The whole saga is still unclear to me,when the club signed Hasler every Canterbury fan and his dog weather Bulldog, Beagle, Jack Russell, Rockweiler, poodle or whatever were over the moon. Des probably only agreed on condition that he would be allowed to bring over all his Manly cronies with him, and Dib weather on his own or more likely with the blessing of the board agreed.
    We the Club appointed Raelene as CEO, just like it had Noad a few years earlier both were appointed to make the club look clean and both were disasters, but I do not recall anyone complaining when the appointments were made.
    All that time Dib was not CEO he was chairman of the board of directors, a position which does not usually involve making the day to day decisions. Looking back it appears to me that Dib biggest mistake was that he may have though that his CEO's and coach would do their jobs which is what usually happens, however they both failed badly, he may have been able to step in earlier to fix the problem but personally I'm not so sure, I just hope that we will find out the truth at the AGM.

• Like Like x 2
  4. S.B.W_Jnr

S.B.W_Jnr Forum Regular

That's where you're wrong he doesn't involve himself with signing players and retention of players I know for fact the board including Ray we're suggesting to bring hodko from the knights because he's dirt cheap and I mean real dirt cheap at the moment as our backup half including the Newcastle half back from the reggies but Pay didn't want hodko so they're only after the young half back..
    So my point is dib and the board would of done what they wanted signed hodko but they're not like that. The re-signing of tolman which wasn't approved by dib and etc....

• Like Like x 2
  5. GrogDog

GrogDog bad attitude

Yes the saga is unclear and perhaps will stay that we to all except those who are really close to the people involved. I was one of the many who were as happy as a pig in mud when Hasler was signed....why wouldn't we be...even in hindsight...he appeared to be well on his game.

Who's knows what happened in the end and why he kept that game plan, even years after it was obvious it doesn't work. My issue is the lack of leadership from all those people when it was painfully obvious we were sliding, even then nothing happened. Then when all except a few could see it they still stood steadfast infront of decline, then Hasler was re-signed only for the rest to unfold.....leadership is what I am holding up to the microscope! I believe lots of great changes have occurred but I think some management ones need to be done as well for the price of leading (or not leading) us to this point. Surely at any stage Dib and the Board could have and should have stepped in and done something??

6. Oatley Dog

Oatley Dog Kennel Enthusiast

All that's true I guess, but you have to temper good leadership considerations with commercial practicality. If you have a club that slices and dices on a whim you simply can't attract the kind of sponsorship and TPA dollars you need to maintain a stable footy team. Just ask the Tigers and Dragons for that matter. If you take the emotion of the names of people involved out of it for a moment and just think about the process then given we had been in the semis at least for 5 consecutive years provides the kind of corporate stability that attracts sponsorship. Yes we had a meek exit in 2016 but even so the promise was for a different 2017. We then went about and secured to top flight internationals only to fall foul of the salary cap gamble. Again, it was the boards blue in gambling and losing but no risk, no reward and it was the entire boards decision not just one bloke. I have no doubt that had we played a more up tempo game and made the semis last season we would still have Des at the helm, but clearly he couldn't adjust and the board took the decision to go in another direction. If you want to maintain a balance between stability of operations and success on the field then I don't know that the timing of decisions over the past 12 months or so is that badly out of alignment. Like it or not there wasn't any player revolt involved in this so there really wasn't a catalyst for sudden change

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kelpie03

Kelpie03 Forum Regular

I still haven't lost faith in the entire board but if they want my vote they must answer some real questions at or before the AGM.

8. too69u

too69u Forum Regular

Wrong bud.Castle and Hasler signed off on all player contracts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oatley Dog

Oatley Dog Kennel Enthusiast

Well mate if you are entitled to vote then you are entitled to ask and get answers to the questions. Depending on those answers I guess you will make your choice. Mugs like me can only read about what happens!!

10. too69u

too69u Forum Regular

Sorry was meant to reply to someone else's post not yours.

11. Dstyle

Dstyle Forum Regular

There will be no questions before voting

12. Dstyle

Dstyle Forum Regular

How was that allowed to occur??
    Contracts of that value must be approved by the board. So are you saying the Board did not authorise?

• Like Like x 1
  13. too69u

too69u Forum Regular

I'm saying that the board discuss and final decision was with Castle and des.In many occasions Castle went behind the boards back hence the reason she was shown the door.Klemmer was promised some third party deals by Castle which weren't put before the board that's why Klemmer was disgruntled last season but the board found out and promised they'll look after him and that was castles final straw.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dstyle

Dstyle Forum Regular

You are saying on many occasions the CEO went behind the Board. How can a board allow this to continually to happen if that is true? Club is not permitted to promise third party deals, so for the club's sake i hope u are not correct when you say the board would look after him on this. If what you are saying is correct, NRL would get involved. Boards do not allow employees to sign off on such deals; unless so authorised.
    If what you are saying is correct my faith in tbe board has fallen even further.

15. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

Now you know why I'm damning of "they who are no longer at the club" Dstyle.

16. Dstyle

Dstyle Forum Regular

Yes but I think you may be missing the point of my last message. If what was posted by too69 is true, that is a failure by the board

17. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

and the board acted by "making her resign".

I recall reading something in the media about after the Tolman fuckup was discovered board took all recruitment decisions and contract signings out of Castles hands.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Natboy

Natboy Immortal

Let’s not kid ourselves, she was never more than Hasler’s puppet

19. Dstyle

Dstyle Forum Regular

Again boss you do not get it-very sad you do not understand. My fears for the club increase everyday

20. Dstyle

Dstyle Forum Regular

Mr invincible- are u able to answer why the Kennel Funding thread has been removed? I believe I have asked valid and reasonable questions as the Kennel asks for donations.
    I think when one asks for donations from members of the forum, those members are entitled to ask for infirmation. Please assist if you are able.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018