1. The Kennel is saddened to hear of the passing of one of their much loved members (Izzy Forreal).

Kennelers are invited to pay their respects in the following threads:

Vale: Izzy Forreal

Official Site Statement
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Opinion Bulldogs Board Elections- MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by David holland, Dec 27, 2017.

1. D- voice

D- voice Forum Regular

Dib was doing Castle's job...someone had to she didn't, he was supported by the two boards.
    Have we forgotten that Hasler truly controlled ALL FOOTBALL BUSINESS ?
    Turvey always supported Dib and especially now the vultures are circling !!!
    No, But at times like this I wish I was.
    I grew up idolizing the Great Peter Moore, still do despite leaving us for Melbourne.
    But I DO NOT TRUST THE REBEL TICKET THEY HAVE SOLD US OUT BEFORE !

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  2. Daniel89

Daniel89 Forum Regular

When did Peter Moore go to Melbourne?

• Like Like x 1
  3. AlphaPapaBravo

AlphaPapaBravo Kennel Enthusiast

So if everything ray said to woods was backed up... i wonder what was said. surely the coach would have been mentioned. Did he say Des is staying or he will be gone? seems like a lie to me.

4. chisdog

chisdog Kennel Enthusiast

You say that Anderson left for more money. According to David Middleton, "outgoing Canterbury coach Chris Anderson admits that a factional fight within the club was responsible for his departure". And "Those who watched the Bulldogs in 1997 will suggest the time was right for change after the club's proud defensive record took a battering during the season." And "Anderson reluctantly severed ties with the club... ...reports of political in-fighting involving Anderson & the influential Hughes family is said to have hastened Anderson's decision".

5. Steve M

Steve M Participant

Meeting done.
    There were about 70 people present and it was reported that about 50 attended at Mt Lewis on Tuesday. There is another meeting slated for Campsie RSL next week.
    Meeting stated with Lynne Anderson introducing each hopeful and providing their CV’s. Each of them has a wealth of business experience. She then went through the areas where her Board could see deficiencies. This ranged from junior development to reaching out to the members and community with fan forums to the ongoing issues with backended contracts. There was very little discussed about any perceived shortcomings of the current Board. The meeting concluded with a number of questions ranging from increased games at Belmore, returning to traditional strip, usual questions. A fair amount of time was focused on the issue of the potential proxy vote. They asked that we impress on every member that it was a crucial vote and request they either attend to vote or provide their proxy. The final question was to Steve Price to confirm that he would complete the full term if he was elected, which he did. If you are a member and haven’t had a chance to get to their forum, I urge you to do so.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Steve M

Steve M Participant

Steve Price said tonight that he didn’t want to go but had a young family that he needed to support hence his decision to go to NZ.
    Regarding the others
    Ballesty was Finance at the highly successful League Club for 29 years
    Dimas is the licence owner of Subway Australia and former board member
    Dunn is Dunn
    Khoury is in business with strong ties to junior development

7. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

To clarify Steve M is talking about the Bulldogs Rebel Ticket Forum ..

Did Chris Anderson shake anyones hand tonight, or snub them like he did Dib?

70 isn't very many at all is it?

• Like Like x 3
  8. The Eye

The Eye Previously The Stalker

thanks for the update mate. very detailed.
    pizza?

9. Steve M

Steve M Participant

Chris Anderson was fine
    The number attending was pretty much what they expected
    No pizza (straight home)

10. Steve M

Steve M Participant

D-voice, mate if you’re not a member then you need to become one. The AGM happens just once a year but if the rebel ticket is successful they are going to institute a ‘fans committee’ which will only be chosen from Football Club membership.

11. Steve M

Steve M Participant

I failed to mention on this thread that they will look at forming a members committee. Maybe a bunch of 5-10 members who can raise issues with the Board in a more relaxed environment rather than in the cauldron of an AGM. Sounds cute in theory, I think I’d prefer Andrew Hill being accessible but if they’re willing to give it, you have to take it. I know you could always ring Todd if there was an issue.
    (This thread needs to be read in conjunction with the ‘tensions’ thread, they are running side by side)

• Like Like x 1
  12. speedy2460

speedy2460 Kennel Enthusiast

"I grew up idolizing the Great Peter Moore, still do despite leaving us for Melbourne."

Bullfrog did a great job in Melbourne didnt he. They have a strong stable footy club.

13. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

Merged both threads and renamed...

• Like Like x 1
  14. D- voice

D- voice Forum Regular

15. Gabe

Gabe Participant

Screw Steve Price and his amature hour ticket... He abandoned the club at a critical time, just as he was going into the best years of his career.

Also we lost a future immortal because of his dithering.

• Like Like x 3
  16. CroydonDog

CroydonDog Immortal Gilded

I don't emember this happening (maybe in getting old). I wasnt' aware of Moore having any footy roles after about 1995.

What was his role there?

• Like Like x 1
  17. CroydonDog

CroydonDog Immortal Gilded

Steve, thanks for the updates.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Otara_Dog

Otara_Dog Kennel Addict

Maybe he went when Chris Anderson was there. I can't remember him being there either.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Phalangist

Phalangist Kennel Enthusiast

Sorry but how is josh renoylds a Bulldogs through and through?

First of all he was a passionate roosters fan

Secondly he got offered a decent contract, one I think was even too generous for him and he knocked it back for more cash..

Please why the he'll do people say bulldog through and through lol it's bullshit and he rode the wave hahahah

20. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Kennel Enthusiast

He never went there in any official capacity but he gave some advice when they formed the club it’s one of the reasons Chris Anderson went there as coach.

• Like Like x 2