Bulldogs bite back at top eight sceptics

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A Des Hasler coached team hasn’t missed a finals series since 2004

A DES Hasler-coached team hasn’t missed the finals since 2004 — so write off the Bulldogs at your own peril.

That is the warning from two of Canterbury’s most senior players heading into Friday night’s blockbuster against Hasler’s old club Manly.

While the big-spending Sea Eagles have been all the rage over summer, most believe the interchange reduction from 10 to eight will have a negative impact on the Bulldogs, who have the NRL’s biggest pack.

In fact, not one of the five former NRL players polled in The Daily Telegraph’s tipping panel have listed Hasler’s team in their top eight.

Matty Johns, Ben Ikin, Gorden Tallis, Mark Gasnier and Bryan Fletcher have all abandoned the Bulldogs.

Johns reckons a big question mark hangs over the halves combination of Josh Reynolds and Moses Mbye following Trent Hodkinson’s departure.

“The reduction in interchange will be a challenge for the big Bulldogs pack as well,’’ Johns said.

It is a “challenge” the Bulldogs’ Josh Morris is adamant Hasler has them ready to face.

“I feel like we are the fittest we have been,” Morris said.

Teammate Sam Perrett said Hasler’s strength was not just his work ethic, but his ability to always adapt to change.

“He tells us he wakes up at two in the morning and has these great ideas,” Perrett said.

“The wheels are always spinning, and I suppose that is why he has had the success he has — his love for what he does.”

Perrett said the Bulldogs were disappointed with their seventh-place finish last year but ready to make up for it.

“I am going to back our boys and their drive, their energy and the condition they are in,” Perrett said.

“We are really going to shake up the competition a bit.”

Morris said the forwards all appeared to have lost weight to get ready for the extra workload.

“The blokes that most people have concerns about I don’t have any concerns about,” Morris said. “I am confident of them going into round one.”

Source

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In fact, not one of the five former NRL players polled in The Daily Telegraph’s tipping panel have listed Hasler’s team in their top eight.

Sounds like we are already under the radar boys!!! I for one would love to give all these experts a big fat shit burger to eat but when you read through their names it's like the blind leading the blind and it's only a matter of time that they will fall all over themselves as they try to jump on our Bulldogs bandwagon. F#cking Knobs!!!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I like that we are being written off. However it's going to take a massive shift from last year to threaten the top 4. Let's hope.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still waiting on these "new" ideas which have not seen the light of fruition. For the last 3 years it's looked like the same Ol same Ol. Hope that is behind us now and things can change for the better

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shut up and let your football do the talking boys. Actions are louder than words.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
LOL - look at who they asked FFS.

Matty Johns - Only a bit of credibility.
Ben Ikin - HATES the Bulldogs. Is always negative against us.
Gorden Tallis - Makes Fui Fui Moi Moi sound like Steven Hawking. Reminds me of Lurch from Aadams Family.
Mark Gasnier - Knows his stuff when it comes to Dragons, but clueless about the game in general.
Bryan Fletcher - A slightly more intelligent Gordon Tallis.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

Gorden Tallis - Makes Fui Fui Moi Moi sound like Steven Hawking. Reminds me of Lurch from Aadams Family.
Mark Gasnier - Knows his stuff when it comes to Dragons, but clueless about the game in general.
Lol this is so true

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Hahaha I love the fui fui comparison to Steven Hawking .. Ill have to remember to use that one in the future.

Also ( to our favour) Matty Johns has a shocking success rate with his predictions

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only player I'm concerned about is mbye I haven seen him play this year and just have visions of him trying to be a one man band out there

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the bulldogs are flying a stealth jet at the moment. we are way under the radar this year.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Des will love how under the radar we are. Also since when did we finish 7th last year?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the bulldogs are flying a stealth jet at the moment. we are way under the radar this year.
As long as we're not flying those F117 stealth Bombers the wanks oops I mean Yanks used in the Balkan wars we should be alright. They too we're supposed to be under the Radar :p

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really a big call writing us off.

I have us finishing 9th.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A Des Hasler coached team hasn’t missed a finals series since 2004

A DES Hasler-coached team hasn’t missed the finals since 2004 — so write off the Bulldogs at your own peril.

That is the warning from two of Canterbury’s most senior players heading into Friday night’s blockbuster against Hasler’s old club Manly.

While the big-spending Sea Eagles have been all the rage over summer, most believe the interchange reduction from 10 to eight will have a negative impact on the Bulldogs, who have the NRL’s biggest pack.

Matty Johns, Ben Ikin, Gorden Tallis, Mark Gasnier and Bryan Fletcher have all abandoned the Bulldogs.

Johns reckons a big question mark hangs over the halves combination of Josh Reynolds and Moses Mbye following Trent Hodkinson’s departure.

“The reduction in interchange will be a challenge for the big Bulldogs pack as well,’’ Johns said.

It is a “challenge” the Bulldogs’ Josh Morris is adamant Hasler has them ready to face.

“I feel like we are the fittest we have been,” Morris said.

Teammate Sam Perrett said Hasler’s strength was not just his work ethic, but his ability to always adapt to change.

“He tells us he wakes up at two in the morning and has these great ideas,” Perrett said.

“The wheels are always spinning, and I suppose that is why he has had the success he has — his love for what he does.”

Perrett said the Bulldogs were disappointed with their seventh-place finish last year but ready to make up for it.

“I am going to back our boys and their drive, their energy and the condition they are in,” Perrett said.

“We are really going to shake up the competition a bit.”

Morris said the forwards all appeared to have lost weight to get ready for the extra workload.

“The blokes that most people have concerns about I don’t have any concerns about,” Morris said. “I am confident of them going into round one.”

Source
Our team on paper is weak in key positions. It's a monumental recruitment failure by Hasler and co. They have had 4 years to build this team which does not have one established proven play maker (kasiano possible exception)....in saying that our coaching staff is very good at getting results so I think top 8 is a certainty...if mbye , lichaa and abbey develop as play makers then perhaps top 4 is possible...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think our squad is the weakest i've seen for a few years.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
All those ex players hate our club. We will make the 8. Most likely.

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think our squad is the weakest i've seen for a few years.
Definitely not the weakest, it's more about losing the security blanket of a consistent halfback in hodgko but otherwise a strong squad and good depth

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Y
Definitely not the weakest, it's more about losing the security blanket of a consistent halfback in hodgko but otherwise a strong squad and good depth
Yeah, I guess I more meant in key positions, not the full squad. And I must admit I haven't really thought that uch about our depth...

Status
Not open for further replies.